Update (Dec 2012): The seller of these batteries (Blue Nook) has been great to work with. They contacted me to let me know this battery is being updated with ones that hold a charge longer and communicate with the camera. They've offered to send me two of the new ones. I'll update my review when I get a chance to try them out.

Update (Dec 2012): I received the...
Published on May 27, 2012 by Ryan Hochstrasser

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money
I purchased this battery set after losing the original Lumix LX-3 battery. These batteries are terrible. They don't hold charge and the battery life
Published on September 9, 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Updated battery now communicates with camera (as of Dec 2012), May 27, 2012
This review is from: Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Panasonic DMW-BCJ13, DMW-BCJ13E, DMW-BCJ13PP and Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5, DMC-LX7 (Electronics)

Update (Dec 2012): I received the new batteries. They match the photos shown here. I can tell because the new batteries have 1700 mAh printed on them while the old batteries were a smaller number. The new batteries do communicate with the camera so I've increased my rating by one star. I'll add another star after I've had some time with the batteries to see how well they hold a charge.

Update (Mar 2013): After using these batteries for a few months, their performance is the same as the camera's original battery. They are great. The they hold a charge well, even after sitting for a few weeks. I've added the last star. 5-star product!

Update (Apr 2013): Just read an awesome review of this battery on the Amazon product page that just sells the single battery alone. But why buy the single battery when you can get 2 plus a charger plus a car adapter for less than the price of 2? Here's the link to the review: http://www.amazon.com/review/R13KYT1AK7A89X/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0050DZA4S&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=502394&store=photo

Please note that any review written before Dec 2012 that hasn't been updated refers to the old batteries that don't communicate with the camera and don't hold a charge well. The updated batteries work just as well as Panasonic's.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too Bad! - but NOW - PRETTY GOOD!!, November 1, 2012
IVAN ORLICKY (Boston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
I don't usually write reviews of stuff bought, and reading them alwasy trying to read "between lines", doing this only to save some potential buyers from frustration and waste of time. So let's begin.
First of all - I've bought batteries (and chargers) from "Wasabi" for many different cameras (Nikon D700/D300 etc, Nikon D7000/800 etc, Pana Lumix ZS-6) and had nothing but excellent experience with all of them, never mind them being an excellent value and I'd consider buying batteries from them for other cameras again...
But these "NON-DECODED" batteries for Lumix LX-5 are pure JUNK! Where the original Panasonic battery for this camera lasts for about 300 Still shots - each one of these would last for about 70! And since I bought a kit of 2 (plus the charger), it's highly unlikely, that I got a defective battery.
Also - one funny thing I haven's seen anyone mentioning here in any of the reviews is that strangely enough - the "DECODING" of the battery has a direct effect on if the camera goes into stand-by of not - i.e. - instead of the countdown starting inside of the camera after the last shot - it's somehow taken from the battery - so if you're shooting with a "NON-DECODED" battery like these from "Wasabi", not just that when the battery dies, the camera's power is just shut-off, so most of the time the lens will stay open (actually this can usually be taken care of by turning the switch ON-OFF few times, there seems to be enough juice to take care of this) - but you have to constantly keep an eye on display and camera staying ON all the time (which of course eats-up the precious electricity from the battery) - have never seen this before and 've been shooting with many still & video cameras for about 30 years - even more surprising since otherwise these little Panasonic cameras seem to be engineered very well.
That brings me to one more point - wouldn't it be nice if FINALLY one of these camera makers would come out with a little nice P/S camera, which instead of going constantly in to standby (to preserve the battery, but by doing so putting amazing strain on the zoom mechanism by collapsing the lens, never mind moving particles inside of the body!) would have a simple switch to just "blank the LCD/EVF - which after all are the biggest electricity hogs...?

UPDATE (Dec 2012):
So in November I returned the whole package (seller was very accommodating with the return) and in December I got contacted by the seller, telling me, that they just released an updated version of these batteries (Decoded with higher capacity) & that they'd like to send me 2 of them to try out. So I received them and have to say (obviously have no long-term experience with them yet), but so far we seem to be back to the good old "Wasabi" products (as I said before - except for this singular bad experience with Wasabi batteries I've had only good experience with their products!
The new (BTR-BCJ13-JWP, 3.8V, 1700mAh, 6.1Wh)) LX-5 battery seems to be completely comparable to the original Panasonic battery (for less than 1/2 cost) in holding the charge as well as communicating with the camera. Good Job! And a very nice customer service...
I'll try not to forget to update this a bit later, when I have some long-term experience with these batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product and Price, August 25, 2011
The Panasonic web site cautions about using non-OEM batteries. I just field tested the Wasabi batteries in my LX-5 for a week in the Alaskan bush - no problems with the camera and batteries worked great - at a fraction of the cost of the Panasonic product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Complete satisfaction, July 12, 2013
The battery fits well runs good. Last as long or longer than the original. They can be charged with the Panasonic supplied charger as well as Wasabi's own. Likewise, the Wasabi charge can change both batteries. It is recommendable for others to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery - especially on the go, December 2, 2011
When I combine the original Lumix battery with this pair of Wasabi batteries in my camera kit, I am never afraid of running out of power. When I am on a road trip the car adapter is very handy because I might not have access to an outlet for a long time.

It is true that these batteries will not give a status reading on the camera, but I always have the other on hand so it is not a problem.

I was curious to see how these batteries performed and after several months of use I am still glad I made the purchase. This is TWO batteries and a charger with a car adapter, when the brand name battery alone is more expensive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, September 9, 2011
is about one tenth the time of the original Panasonic batteries. The combined life of the two batteries that come in this set doesn't even match the battery life of the single original battery. Please don't make the mistake I made purchasing this off-brand product. Spend a little extra money and purchase a real Panasonic battery - it's worth it. To Wasabi Power: Sorry about the bad review, but if you make substandard batteries - customers deserve to be warned.

4.0 out of 5 stars Battery capacity is only 1000-1100mAh, June 5, 2014
Using a iCharger 208B, I ran a few discharge tests on both of the Wasabi BTR-BCJ13-JWP batteries I received. Testing with a 500mA drain from a 4.2V full charge to a depleted 3.0V, the batteries only gave me just over 1000mAh. This is 60% of the claimed capacity. The claimed capacity numbers are being increased by Wasabi to "compete" with other brands that also do not meet their stated capacities.

Using the included battery charger, the batteries get slightly undercharged at 4.188V. I would rather see this lower cutoff voltage, than an overcharge, so I like this charger.

- The original Panasonic DMW-BCJ13PP battery is rated at 1250mAh and sells for MSRP. Running with a 500mA drain, my 1-year old Panasonic battery provided 1223mAh.
- The Wasabi BTR-BCJ13-JWP battery is sold as 1700mAh, but it tests to be 1030mAh. This battery sells for 1/3 the price of the Panasonic.

For the price, the battery works, but you will be swapping batteries a little more often. I cannot provide 5 stars because the battery capacity is falsely advertised like many today.

These batteries do not match the Panasonic in capacity, but they are 1/3 the price. I will not comment on expected cell degradation since it has not been tested, but other reviewers have covered my thoughts well enough.

*This review has been written to reflect my view on the VALUE of these batteries, rather than focusing on the marketing tactics of false capacity numbers*

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZON's indispensable accessory for people who like to take lots of pictures, October 27, 2013
I have watched camera purchasers in various (unnamed here) stores. They usually get (these days) an extra 16GB or even 32GB memory (SD) chip. You can take many thousands of pictures with either of these. Unless of course your battery is dead. Far more essential, and vital if you shoot where your camera flash gets worked, or if you like to bring up the "replay" function to show off or review your pictures, is EXTRA BATTERY POWER. When the flash is used a lot, or when you like to review/show off your pictures a lot, your battery energy gets eaten like M&M's. This kit, which gives me real backup, allows me the freedom to charge all, carry all, and shoot for days averaging over 300 shots a day. (I live next to Yellowstone National Park, and I love photography). This perfectly configured charger and two batteries (for me, used with my LUMIX DMC-LX7) lets me not worry and "shoot away" for up to a week. The battery charger works perfectly and the batteries have the same power curve as the twice as expensive manufacturer's -- yielding the same number at least of shots, and charging effectively in the same time. I have done the same thing with a comparable kit for my CANON cameras. Same result, power at a perfect price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life helper., August 5, 2013
While Lumix cameras provide excellent performance they are equipped with proprietary designed batteries, so you cannot use standard AA or AAA batteries with standard chargers. As you probably know, batteries like to go down just when you need them. Now I am keeping one spare battery charged to avoid such situations. Also, I am keeping another battery in my car, along with this charger, making another line of back-up. So I can be sure no interesting and funny moments which belongs to our family are going to be missing. And all of this by the price compared to the price of the original Panasonic battery! This pack is real life helper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, July 6, 2013
I like having the extra two batteries (with battery covers). It seems that the camera battery indicator works fine with these batteries. Great price.