Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Panasonic DMW-BLC12, DMW-BLC12E, DMW-BLC12PP and Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200, DMC-FZ1000, DMC-G5, DMC-G6, DMC-GH2
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on September 28, 2012
Some background info: I've used Wasabi batteries before (for another camera) and they were great, so I decided to buy these when I got my GH2. I use these mainly to shoot video with my Panasonic GH2.

Like the item description says, these batteries are non-decoded, which means your camera won't be able to display its remaining battery life, and it also means there's no communication between the battery and the camera. When the battery dies, the camera won't know to save what you're recording, and you'll lose whatever you were shooting when the camera turns off. These two problems were issues I can deal with, but here's what it doesn't say in the description. Even when fully charged, these batteries do not run consistently. For example, the stock battery will run for about 3 hours when fully charged (depending on how much you use your LCD, if you're taking pictures/videos, etc). Since these Wasabis are rated at 1400mAh and the stock battery is rated at 1200mAh, I assume I'd get about the same usage time with the Wasabis (if not more). Unfortunately that's not the case. Even when fully charged, these batteries will vary in usage time. Sometimes I can use it for 2 hours, sometimes 1 hour, and on a few occasions, it ran for about 15 minutes (even when fully charged). If the battery stops working (and you know it still has juice left), you have to put it back on the charger for a few minutes before you can use it again.

The behavior of these batteries are too random for me to use, and I cannot recommend it.
33 comments| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2012
I bought a set of these for my FZ200 Panasonic camera. I had read other reviews about generic batteries & Panasonic cameras so I was concerned about run time and lack of feedback to battery life indicator on the camera display. Even though the batteries were new, I topped them up in my OEM Lumix charger and then used one to shoot a sample video. I recorded a video to an empty 16 Gig card. As it ran, I took note of the battery charge left indicator as the bars ticked down. After about 60 minutes of recording, one bar remained. I let it continue recording and at the 1 HR 4 Min mark the battery indicator began to blink solid red. Shortly after that, the recording ended even though there was still some room on the card, a message appeared on the screen that the file was being written, and when finished, the camera powered off. The files were intact and readable when I viewed the card on my computer.
I'm very happy that I bought these and would highly recommend Blue Nook and Wasabi batteries to anyone.
on September 18, 2013
I took careful notes comparing two Wasabi batteries with two Panasonic batteries under identical (easy) shooting conditions.
A Panasonic battery costs 4-5X as much as a Wasabi.
Wasabis are readily available while you may wait weeks for a Panasonic to arrive in stock.
The Wasabis averaged 475 photos each before they were "dead", and they would go from two bars to "dead" in as little as 50 photos. The sudden drop off could be an issue for videographers or photographers who can't afford to miss a shot. For the rest of us, just replace the battery when you see either 1 or 2 bars. The Panasonics averaged 655 photos each, had a slow and steady decline from 3 bars to 1 bar, and still had a little "juice" in them when I replaced them, so they can take 40% or possibly 50% more photos at 4-5X the expense per battery.
After charging and storing for 1 month, the 2 Panasonics showed less than 0.1volt drop so you may be able to go 6-12 months before you need to recharge them (I haven't had them long enough to test). The 2 Wasabis dropped 0.2 and 0.4 volts in a month which doesn't seem to be a problem - I may have to recharge them every 4 months or so. (Note that some other clone batteries are reported to self discharge in only 1 to a few days which could be a major issue on a trip).
Charger functioned fine.
Delivery was prompt.
on August 19, 2012
I bought these batteries to shoot video with my GH2. That was a bad idea. As it states clearly in the description above these batteries do not give you an indication of how much battery life is left. I was prepared for the fact that I might have to switch out batteries quickly when they ran down. What I didn't realize is that the camera would not realize the batteries were about to die, so instead of saving the file and shutting down it ran the batteries down to nothing until the camera crashed. I lost 15 minutes of good footage. Of course if you are shooting photos then these are probably a decent cheap alternative to the overpriced OEM batteries since each photo is saved when you take it.

Also worth noting; The panasonic charger you get with the camera is a balanced charger, which means you get the most life out of the batteries (in running time and cycles). This charger is not balanced so you will never get the maximum charge out of the batteries and they won't last as long.
on March 6, 2013
I don't agree with the negative comments about the low capacity but I can imagine why the two GH2 users are disappointed.
I'm using the FZ200 and the GH2.
On the FZ200, everything works just fine BUT the (◾◾◾) level indicator will show ◾◾ then ◾ then blinking in the last five minutes. When you know this, it's fine.
On the GH2, there are two drawbacks: No level indicator AND no sleeping mode anymore. Even if you set "sleep" on 2 or 5 minutes, the viewfinder or screen will stay ON. If you know this, you will be ready to turn off between shots.
Like a spare tyre, these batteries are excellent (even better) when the original Panny is empty. Same for the charger.
One more thing: on the GH2 you will feel the battery heat after 20 minutes video. Nothing big but...
Enjoy your cameras....

Pierre
on September 10, 2014
This charger and batteries work great with Panasonic FZ200 and FZ1000. I have several Panasonic batteries and Wasabi batteries. They all work interchangeably in my Panasonic FZ200 and FZ1000 cameras.

Also, the Wasabi batteries work in the Panasonic charger and the Panasonic batteries work in the Wasabi charger. The Wasabi charger comes with an adaptor for the European-type plug (Type C).
on February 21, 2015
Great to use with the FZ1000. I was concerned about all bad reviews stating that this battery has issues with level meter regarding this specific camera model. Here's my experience: I've recorded one hour and a half of a gig IN 4K MODE before it dropped to two bars. After that, when many people wrote that it would be dead in a heartbeat, I was able to KEEP ON RECORDING IT FOR AT LEAST 45 MORE MINUTES. So, at least paired to mine FZ1000, it does work just as good as an original Pana battery and it also DOES cope well with the high processing power needs of 4K video recording. Highly recommended for both the price and quality.
on March 10, 2013
I lost the charger for my Panasonic DMC-FZ200. So, I took a chance on the Wasabi. It's a good product. Except for the labeling, the batteries are indistinguishable from the one that comes with the Panasonic ... at least as good at supplying power, at least as good in holding a charge and at least as good at charging rapidly. The Wasabi charger is actually a bit more luxurious than the Panasonic one: a better indicator light and a better feel for the fold-up power plug. Not only that, but my unit came with support for both North American and European power, as well as automobile power.
on June 28, 2015
Work fine in the FZ1000. Camera does properly display the remaining battery life and batteries last as long, if not longer than Panasonic batteries. Charger works great with the included batteries and original Panasonic batteries and was great to have an extra charger on a recent trip so that I could charge two batteries at the same time. Excellent value for the price. Highly recommend.

1/9/2016 - update - revising previous 5 star review, after using the batteries for a few months, am finding they are not holding a charge properly when stored. Went to use one the batteries that was stored fully charged, when put in the camera it indicated the battery was full but was only able to take a few photos and the battery died. Tried another, same thing. Will continue to monitor.
on May 18, 2013
I have found no difference between these batteries (I bought two) and the original Panasonic battery
other than the price (very competitive) and the inability to see what battery life remains on the screen. When the
battery becomes exhausted, the screen goes black and the camera is inoperable. The
Panasonic charger works faster than the one supplied with the Wasabi batteries. It's impossible to
estimate how long the charge lasts because it depends entirely on how you are using it. I have been
using the batteries on a daily basis for a month, charging them several times. No issues.