5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, works well
Published on March 9, 2012 by Junilu Lacar

3.0 out of 5 stars The batteries are ok The charger is a waste!
Bought this set to use with my video light. The charger turned out to be a piece of crap right of the box. The batteries work so far but I'm not sure how long they will last.
Published 4 months ago by abolit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, works well, March 9, 2012
This review is from: Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Charger for Panasonic VW-VBN260 and Panasonic HC-X800, HC-X900, HC-X900M, HC-X910, HC-X920, HC-X920M, HDC-HS900, HDC-SD800, HDC-SD900, HDC-TM900 (2800mAh) (Electronics)
I bought this kit as well as the OEM Panasonic VW-VBN260 2500mAh Battery for HDC-HS900, HDC-TM900, and HDC-SD800. When the batteries are fully charged, my TM900 shows that the OEM battery has 3 hrs 5 min worth of charge while each of the Wasabi batteries has 2 hrs 37 min. That's about 17% less power than the OEM but still twice as long as the smaller VW-VBN130 battery that came with the camera. The price of one OEM VW-VBN260 is 380% more than each Wasabi battery though. For me, the difference in price vs the difference in power is acceptable. Bottom line: 2 Wasabi batteries give me 5 hrs 14 mins of recording @ $60 (wall charger included). 1 Panasonic battery: 3 hrs 7 mins recording time @ $114 (Panasonic VW-BC20 Battery Charger sold separately). Wasabi gets my business next time I need more batteries.

[Update, 1/29/2013, after almost 1 year of moderate use] The Wasabi batteries are still working relatively well for me. After a year of moderate use and recharging, my camera now reports them at 2hrs 26min after a "full charge". Some degradation is expected, I suppose. However, in contrast, I was surprised to see that the OEM VW-VBN260 that I bought at the same time as the Wasabis is now showing to have 3hr 19min recording power at "full" charge, an increase from the 3hrs 5min reported when it was brand new. Go figure.

I did notice that at least one of my Wasabi didn't seem to give me the full recording time as reported by the camera when I used it this past weekend-- I was recording a volleyball game when the battery unexpectedly just ran out after about an hour of recording. I'll try to observe this more closely and post another update. In the meantime I have purchased another set because I still think they're a great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, so-so build quality, great customer service, September 27, 2012
First the good, Blue Nook had this to my door via international USPS shipping a full week before the original ETA... wonderful!
Secondly, the batteries fit well. I only received the package yesterday so I cannot fairly comment on the cells' ability to retain a charge and perform.

No one's actually commented on the product description really, so here's what you get...
packaged in a small box with some bubble wrap, are the two batteries as described.
Also, there is a fused DC car adapter that allows you to attempt a refresh charge while driving. You can sort of see the adapter plug connection in the product picture, it's that little hole on the top, just off to the right.
Then you have a cheap CEE 7/16 adapter which will allow you to use it in most European countries.

The last thing you receive is the charger unit. Aside from your pick slip, there is no other paperwork. The charger unit has a non-grounded, non-polarized two prong plug on a swivel mount. This allows the unit to fold, and travel flat. The unit is labelled as universal power, so 110VAC or 220VAC is fine. What is not so good due to these characteristics, is the ability for the unit to hang firmly against the wall when the weight of the battery is present. The prongs are cut smaller and thinner than it should be.
The charger itself is comprised of two modules, a base unit where you plug into the outlet, and an adapter mount (in this case, to mount this panasonic battery). They can be separated and if you have another battery style requirement, you can share the base with a different Wasabi adapter.

In the one I received, one of the leaf spring contacts on the base, no longer has any spring tension, and thus fails to make contact with the adapter mount. When this happens, the green LED indicator is forever ON, regardless of actual battery condition. I've inquired about a replacement unit, we'll see...

Overall, for the price and speed of delivery, a very good buy. I'm sure my base plate is a one off. If plugged into a power bar and laying on a flat horizontal surface, I'd have no complaints.

Edit:
I wrote the review above at the office. After work, I received a courtesy phone call from a representative of Blue Nook, concerned about my product experience. Without any hesitation, after understanding what the issue was, the gentleman offered to send me a replacement unit.
I thought the initial parcel delivery time was great... now this...no 3rd party mediated email, no delay, a direct and friendly phone call during my non-work hours...
I'm happy and willing to be waiting.

Edit:
I received the replacement charging unit within a week of the Customer Service interaction with Blue Nook, works great.
The batteries have been in full use since I got them, and so far, so good. Holding charges wonderfully, and with the supplied charger they do not charge to any noticeable degree of heat, which is great.
Now considering their battery options for my other devices.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost there but not quite..., July 5, 2012
Charger and Batteries seem to be of adequate quality and the price was very good. On the not so good side the battery fitting is not right and there is movement of the battery when put on the camera. It can be fixed by attaching several layers of tape on the battery bottom to make it a better fit. However Wasabi knows about this issue and should be fixing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thus far Good, August 22, 2012
When I purchased a new camcorder it naturally came with one small capacity battery. After researching many reviews and specs I opted for these batteries which came with a charger. I have use only once and am well pleased thus far. I wish I could add more to the review however I just have very limited experience with this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, July 29, 2012
I purchased 2 sets of these batteries/chargers to go with my Panasonic HDC-HS900 video camera so that when I'm out in the field, I'll always have power for taping. These batteries work as advertised and give me well over an hour and a half in the highest HD recording mode. They fit my camera snugly and don't move around. These are high quality batteries at a very reasonable price and having an extra charger since I bought 2 sets greatly reduces my overall charging time. Buying these separately would have cost more than this set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, would buy agian., March 17, 2012
Seem to be working great in my camera, have not tested run time yet, but I have a feeling they will work just fine (I have the gopro ones and they last a long time) Wall/car charger is a great bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars DOA, but quickly replaced, February 24, 2014
Okay, not technically DOA, but after one use of each battery, the camera decided that the "Battery cannot be used". The company quickly replaced the product and I was happy with the replacement. The capacity gives me 2 hours and 55 minutes, just like the ones purchased a year ago.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price, these really can't be beat, May 15, 2013
I am very happy with these batteries. I have put them through moderate use for the last month and seen no degrading yet. They don't report as good a readings as some have listed, mine show about 2 hours 10 minutes record time from their first use. The only other knock I might have on them is they don't fit QUITE as tight as the original battery. I don't know how much of that is the increased weight and size of the extended life battery, or the actual fit. Its not bad, like not to a point where it rattles while filming, but something I wonder about over time. The wall charger itself is not an awesome design and doesn't hold well in the wall outlet, but it does the job.

For the price though, these really cannot be beat. I have ordered Wasabi batteries for quite a few of my electronics and have always been satisfied.
(side note, I have not used the car or international plug adapter yet)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasabi Fan, May 27, 2012
Relief! I refuse to pay OEM prices for lesser performance. Wasabi batteries and chargers are to quality. I now have more battery time than I have available memory. Charging does take a long time, but I believe this contributes to the extended battery life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wasabi Battery & Charger, May 12, 2012
The extended life batteries charged fine with the included charger. The batteries were recognized by my camera and seem to provide the extended operating time I was expecting.

Rate and Discover Movies