Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on November 7, 2013
I played this guitar in a Sam Ash the other day. I was really interested in a old time "reissue" and thought it was just a beautiful looking guitar. In person, it really is a beautiful guitar. It's smaller than a dreadnaught to be sure. Plays fine and in the mid-range has a very nice tone. There is some bass to it, but when I played it beside a Taylor 110, just for comparison, the Taylor blew this away in terms of volume and bass tones. I saw another reviewer say that he returned it because he didn't like the tone. That doesn't surprise me. I think of the tone on this guitar as something that would come out a Robert Johnson or someone like that (No, I don't think he played a Washburn Solo Deluxe). For a country blues kind of sound, this is great. If you want to sound like Days of the New though, get a Taylor.
on October 12, 2014
I ordered this guitar,I had only heard it played on youtube. I took a chance,and I love this guitar in every way. It's a copy of the original 1937 Washburn,so maybe it does have a Blues type sound,I don't know. I know I can't find anything not to like about it.
I have 3 other acoustics,and it comes in 2nd in sound only to my Martin D-35.

But,in playability it is better than the Martin D-35,just by a little. When you compare it to other guitars,compare it in the same price range. For the money,this guitar is outstanding.
on October 31, 2013
Nice looking and well constructed but I couldn't bond with the sound. The action was nice and the guitar appears to be well built . But the tone didn't do it for me. Had to return it. The sound of my Epiphone Masterbuilt is much more appealing to my ears. This may be a personal thing. The moral: play an acoustic guitar before you buy it.
on February 12, 2014
Tone is in the ear of the listener. I like this guitar a lot. Very well made and finished. Great original design. Good, easy to play size, and to me sounds very nice. Guitars are different. This one is what it's supposed to be. Play it and see.

See 1 answered question