5.0 out of 5 stars Nice guitar
Tone is in the ear of the listener. I like this guitar a lot. Very well made and finished. Great original design. Good, easy to play size, and to me sounds very nice. Guitars are different. This one is what it's supposed to be. Play it and see.
Published 7 months ago by Philip Singleton

Nice looking and well constructed but I couldn't bond with the sound. The action was nice and the guitar appears to be well built . But the tone didn't do it for me. Had to return it. The sound of my Epiphone Masterbuilt is much more appealing to my ears. This may be a personal thing. The moral: play an acoustic guitar before you buy it.
Published 10 months ago by dbluesband

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice guitar, February 12, 2014
This review is from: Washburn USM-WSD5240STSK Warren Haynes Signature Series Acoustic Guitar, Tobacco Sunburst (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great midrange, a slightly twangy., November 7, 2013
James A. Long (Essex County, NJ) - See all my reviews
I played this guitar in a Sam Ash the other day. I was really interested in a old time "reissue" and thought it was just a beautiful looking guitar. In person, it really is a beautiful guitar. It's smaller than a dreadnaught to be sure. Plays fine and in the mid-range has a very nice tone. There is some bass to it, but when I played it beside a Taylor 110, just for comparison, the Taylor blew this away in terms of volume and bass tones. I saw another reviewer say that he returned it because he didn't like the tone. That doesn't surprise me. I think of the tone on this guitar as something that would come out a Robert Johnson or someone like that (No, I don't think he played a Washburn Solo Deluxe). For a country blues kind of sound, this is great. If you want to sound like Days of the New though, get a Taylor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking and well constructed but I couldn't bond with the sound, October 31, 2013

Rate and Discover Movies