Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rhino Ear Washer Bottle System by Doctor Easy
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 14, 2012
My son was having issues with ear wax. We took him to a doctor who said he couldn't even see the eardrums in either ear, they were so packed with hard wax! Doctor tried using a version of this product but didn't try but more than a couple of squirts per ear, then gave up. He told us to go home and use mineral oil to soften the wax. Upon getting home, I looked up the device he used to try to get the ears cleaned and found the Rhino ear wash system. I ordered this version because it said you could use it on yourself, and with my son's ongoing ear issues, I wanted him to be able to learn to take of it himself.

We did use mineral oil a couple of times before the Rhino arrived, but the moment it arrived we tried it. After the first couple of squirts, we were getting flakes of ear wax. Suddenly, I saw something bigger in the ear. A squirt later and it was like the scene in the Star Trek movie where the earwig crawls out of Chekhov's ear! The glob was half the size of the tip of my little finger. It was disgusting, but exciting at the same time. Finally! Out came the source of all my son's hearing problems! We tried cleaning the other ear and got a couple of much smaller globs along with lots of flakes of wax. The difference in his hearing was immediately noticeable for him. We are going to encourage him to use it himself at least monthly.

I would HIGHLY recommend this product to anyone with waxy ear issues. It truly does work. It is incredibly simple to use and gets amazing results.
on January 19, 2012
My whole life I've had to go in to the doctor to get my ears cleaned out at least once a year. I typically go to the walk in clinics. This last time they used this rhino ear wash system on me. When the nurse walked out I wrote down the name and looked it up when I got home. My new insurance has a co-pay of $75 for an urgent care visit, and even a regular doctor visit is $25, so for the cost of one regular visit, I can now clean out my ears whenever I need to. I save time, money and I'm not sitting in the doctor's office getting exposed to germs. Love it! I do it in the shower and when I get out my husband checks that nothing is left in the opening. So great! Wish I had known about this years ago. With little kids it's hard for me to find time to go get it done, and I'm sure at least one of them has inherited my tiny canals. Now I can do it any time.
.. if at all possible, have your spouse / significant other with you before first use. Also buy an irrigation basin and SIT / LAY DOWN before attempting to use the unit.

This system works very well and once you clear out one ear, your equilibrium will be disturbed and you will have trouble remaining upright. Your balance system is DIRECTLY TIED to your ear canals so a "disruption" by cleaning a long-time clogged ear(s) will upset this delicate system, and you could go for a tumble.

NEVER attempt this unsupervised in your bathroom!! By virtue of human physiology, you could get seriously injured. If you are intent on performing ear irrigation alone, lie on your bed with the irrigation basin just under your ear, and have plenty of towels surrounding the area.

BTW, other reviewers have implied that this unit can be used by a child ("so simple a child can use it"). IN NO WAY should you allow an unsupervised child use this near their or your ear for the reasons already stated.

You've been warned! Ear wax removal is not rocket science with this unit, but some basic knowledge of human anatomy is will keep you in one piece. :-)
33 comments|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2012
Oh my gosh! The Rhino Ear Washer REALLY, REALLY, REALLY works. I will be candid with you. When I initially ordered this product, I had my doubts. But let me tell you, it was the best $24 dollars I ever spent.

I have been experiencing a funny feeling in my ears for over a year. I knew it was ear wax build-up (yuck!), but I hate spending a lot of money to see an ENT doctor for such a mundane problem. I read all of the reviews in Amazon.com on ear cleaning systems, and this product seemed to be one of the best. I figured it was worth a try, and boy did it deliver! This device was shipped to me very quickly by High Tide Health. I read the simple instructions, and decided to give it a try. I filled up the entire bottle with a warm water/hydrogen peroxide solution and let'er rip. I used around half of the solution in the bottle and nothing much was happening. And then, all of a sudden, it dislodged a large amount of wax. I do not want to gross everyone out with the details, but let's just say it removed more wax than I thought was humanly possible. The whole process was a little messy, but if you do it over a bathroom sink, it is not too bad. Without a doubt, it was WELL worth the time and effort.

So, should you buy the Rhino Ear Washer? Answer: YES! However, if you ever had a perforated ear drum, I would recommend talking to your MD prior to using this device. It does squirt a fairly strong stream of water into your ear canal. However, if you do not have a perforated ear drum and think you have an issue with ear wax, then do yourself a BIG favor and order this product. Whoever invented it deserves a standing ovation.
My wife was constantly telling me that I tune her out. The fact was that I've always had trouble hearing her and just assumed that it was part of getting old. When I noticed a sizable reduction in my ability to hear in my left ear; I made an appointment with my doctor. After examining both ears; she told me that my left ear was completely blocked with wax. She said it was the result of using Q-Tips to clean my ears, and advised me never to do so again. After the lecture; she came out with a metal bowl and a huge bulb syringe and washed out my left ear. The blockage was instantly removed. As soon as I got home; I went on Amazon to purchase a bulb syringe so that I could do the same thing that my doctor did. When it arrived; I was a little dismayed to find out that the size of the one I ordered was about 80% smaller than the one my doctor had used. Even so; I tried using it. To a degree it worked, but only marginally so. I began the search for something else, and discovered this product. My first time using it in the shower was miraculous. While the manufacturer recommends mixing hydrogen peroxide into the water; I decided to give it a try with warm water alone. It worked extremely well at removing wax that the small bulb syringe had left behind. This product makes cleaning the ears a very easy job. The only downside is that with clean ears and better hearing; I can no longer claim not to hear what my wife is saying to me.
on January 7, 2015
We used these when first learning in Nursing school at Mayo Clinic. Mayo's research has shown that rhino works better than the elephant. And from experience with using both I agree that the rhino is much eAsier to use; bc you gain a hand with rhino with elephant you have to use more hands at the same time. (Due to needing to hold the blue tube) plus it's disgusting to think about what gets built up in that long blue tube that can't be seen or reached for proper washing. Mayo Clinic is one of the best hospitals in the world and people have traveled all across the globe to receive the care that can only be given at such a fine institution. Mayo just switched to these when I first started school; thank god for that!
on November 8, 2015
I'm whole again. I finally broke down and bought this because I have chronic ear wax problems.For the last 2 weeks, my right ear was completely clogged and I couldn't hear anything out of it. After putting tons of ear wax softener in my ear, it felt even worse, and I could feel and hear the wax moving around in my ear. I have a bad habit of using Q-tips, which only make the problem worse. The wax softeners and bulb syringes do not work for me. I had pushed the wax so deep there was no way to get it out except to have it flushed. I had it done a few times at the doctors office using the Elephant, but I chose the Rhino since I would be doing this on my own. They charged me $62 just for the ear cleaning. That's more than double what the Rhino costs, so I decided to buy it and try doing it myself first before going back to the doctor.

I added 1 part vinegar and 9 parts warm water as instructed, and after a few squirts and releasing the loose debris, a few big chunks followed. At that point, my ear was unclogged and now i can hear better out of the right ear than the left ear. It was such an exciting moment. It felt like I had won the lottery. This is going to save me a lot money.
on January 8, 2015
This saved me not only expensive, time consuming doctor visits a year but it gave me control over my own body. It helps if you buy a $20 otoscope and have someone look in your ears to make sure all the wax is gone BUT it's not impossible to do on your own. Remember it's not magic and the wax in your ears if it's a build it, is hard and doesn't want to go anywhere so what I do because the vertigo I get from impacted ears is just unbearable is that I pre treat my ears with ear wax removal drops first. I do it a few times to loosen up the wax. Then I take a hot steamy shower and either in the shower or at the sink I start blasting my ears out. I use warm water in the bottle. And sometimes you can see the wax flow out but sometimes it's liquified and you don't but it still exits and you will feel really good either way!!! It's a great feeling to get your balance back and know that you cured yourself. This bottle is priceless ok, if it was $50 I'd still buy it. It saved me in many ways!! I'm thankful,it's available outside a medical setting.
on July 13, 2015
My son had ear wax that was so compacted that his doctor said he would probably need to be referred to an ear specialist to have it removed (possibly via surgery). I read somewhere about this product and decided to try it before taking my son to a specialist. I'm so glad I did.

I didn't think it would work at first because my son (older teen) said it felt really weird and uncomfortable and asked me to stop. After a few minutes I talked him into letting me keep flushing a while longer to see what would happen. He let me and a minute or two later a *huge* plug of wax floated out. I had used about half the bottle of water/vinegar mix by that time.

He let me do his other ear and it went more smoothly since he knew what to expect. Out came another huge plug. The first thing he did afterward was walk around the house, trying to figure out the new sounds he was hearing... the hum of the refrigerator, air conditioner, etc. His hearing had improved so much after *years* of very sticky, compacted wax build-up.

I wish we had found out about this years ago. Don't hesitate - buy this if you have issues with wax build up. It really does work.
on November 1, 2011
My daughter has long ongoing ear wax issues. This is like the washing system they use at the doctor's office but she can use it at home in the shower. Shouldn't use it more often than once a month or so, but works like a charm...