5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome disposal!!!
Published on August 24, 2010 by M. Westwind

3.0 out of 5 stars Not A Drop In Replacement For An Insinkerator
This disposal uses Waste King's proprietary easy mount hardware. If you are planning on just disconnecting an Insinkerator and mounting this unit, this model is not for you. You will have to remove all Insinkerator hardware from your sink and use the easy mount cheap plastic hardware Waste King includes for this to fit. You will also need some plumber's putty if you...
Published on April 28, 2012 by W. Gentry

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome disposal!!!, August 24, 2010
This review is from: Waste King Legend Series L-111 1/3 HP Continuous Feed Operation Garbage Disposer (Tools & Home Improvement)
This is a GREAT disposal soooo easy to install...10min tops! It was harder to get my old one out then putting this new one in!!! I looked all over the web for a disposal and thought I was taking a risk because of the price. I am so HAPPY I got this disposal. Its so powerful and it is much smaller than my older one I have more space under my sink now! I suggest this to anyone looking for a new disposal...can't beat the price either!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good deal, October 9, 2013
On Amazon, as opposed to local purchase, this isnt that much cheaper than the Insinkerator. Some may wish to buy Badger model on Amazon so the sink collar doesnt need changing.. however this model works great and does have some advantages.

I do maintenance on 40 rentals. The usual lifetime of Insinkerator Badger series is about ten years before they corrode and start leaking. Until recently I've replaced them with Badgers by leaving the sink collar in place.
But now the difference in price between the low end products is too great.. Waste King at local Mom and Pop HDW is 30 dollars cheaper than cheapest Badger at Lowes.
Pro:
Cheaper than Badger
Looks like better construction
Comes with cord and plug. Just cut old hard-wire and add outlet box under sink.
Con:
Have to change sink collar.
You may have to cut the drain abs pipe to fit where Insinkerator was before.
If jammed you have to use large screwdriver down throat into slot on grinding plate, instead of hex key on bottom motor shaft.
{I assume this works. Have installed four but have yet to have to clear jam on any of them}

CAUTION! Doesnt matter the brand or how powerful the motor is, never feed it stuff you couldnt swallow.. and always run COLD WATER, esp if you have old waste plumbing. Never clumps of dry pasta or whole vegetable hearts/stalks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waste King Legend Series, July 10, 2011
My current garbage disposal was acting up and was time for a new one. I did some research and Waste King kept coming up. I went ahead and purchased the Waste King 111 1/3 hp and received it 3 days later.
I read through the instructions and seemed pretty easy. Took the old unit out and cleaned up the area. I had to extend the piping that connects to the disposal by 1 inch and cut the piping by i inch that connects to the other sink to match the height. I also have a dishwasher that hooked up to the disposal. Very easy to do......thwere is one plug that you pop out and then just hook up the hose.....THATS IT!
I did not have to by any extra pieces everything was either in the box or currently already hooked up.
GREAT unit at a GREAT PRICE! Took me under an hour to take out the old one and put in the new one.......works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Peasy, June 29, 2012
I must be the least mechanically inclined person that I know. I must also be the only husband on earth whose wife goes out of her way not to make a honey-do list for. I'm great at breaking things and becoming easily frustrated whenever attempting to assemble something, anything. Idiot plugs were created for people just like me. Having said that, the Waste King garbage disposal is the absolute easiest piece of machinery I have ever worked with -- EVER! The EZ-mount system is truly that: easy. The most difficult part about installing this garbage disposal (because, for people like me, there has got to be a difficult part when working with tools) was removing the old unit. I pried and pulled, nearly destroying my kitchen counter and sink. However, using the Waste King instructions as a guideline (a reverse installation, so to speak) allowed me to save the kitchen sink and counter, preventing me and my wife from having to wash dishes in the bath tub (yes, that's happened before, thanks to me). Note: Your old disposal is likely corroded, rusted, dirty, and so on, making it difficult to see the mounting ring, but, trust me, it's there. Finding this little gem will prevent much frustration in removing your old unit and shorten the total installation time significantly. Not seeing this little bugger is what caused me to almost destroy my kitchen.

Now, one other thing I must mention, suggest, recommend, especially for those who lack mechanical skill such as myself: READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST! Do as they suggest and become familiar with the product and arrangement of the pieces. This was essential to the ease of the process. If you do this, you will likely experience the same pleasure and gratitude that I experienced while successfully completing the installation.

By the way, the whole process took me about an hour and a half. That includes reading the instructions and removal of the old disposal, which, I must admit, took the majority of the time (remember, I almost destroyed the kitchen removing the old one). Actual installment of the Waste King took about, uhhh, I'd say, 10-15 minutes (if that). And, the Waste King is much less expensive and quieter than my old brand (the brand sold in those home improvement stores. Humph!).

Thank you, Waste King, for making life easy for people like myself, people who lack mechanical ability. And thank you, Amazon (I have Prime; you should too), for an efficient delivery and ordering system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, March 9, 2011
I purchased this disposal after replacing two INSINKERATOR brand
disposals in three years. Insinkerator would do nothing to correct
their cheap plastic housings problem.

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT buy Insinkerator or BADGER disposals.

The Waste King was a direct drop in replacement.

Bonus - Came with power cord and 2 year in home warranty.

Very satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement model, August 21, 2013
Installed this in a remodel project in a new SS sink. Old disposal had a plug connection for the electric, so liked the plug feature of this model. Installation was simple & straight forward. Had to cut off most of the out-feed tail pipe for it to match up with existing waste line, but is does work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hey. It's the cheapest one on the market and it works., September 14, 2012
I replaced an Insinkerator with one of these, took maybe half an hour?

If you plan on doing the same, you'll need to replace the drain collar with the one provided. If your sink is stainless steal you can use the rubber seal that comes with this unit, if it's an enamel sink you'd want to make sure to pick up some plumbers putty.. no biggie really.

The one thing I found odd, this thing actually comes with a plug? Who has a 110 switch controlled outlet under their sink? Doesn't even seem safe!

So you may want to pick up a lockdown and hardwire it. You could probably use the one on the current disposal?

It seems a little underpowered when compared against the insinkerator, but it works...

It is a bit disappointing that there isn't that manual override nut on the bottom like an insinkerator.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly quiet, August 11, 2013
My old garbage disposal was the same horsepower as this, but it sounded like a diesel truck with a bad muffler. This one is whisper quiet and it does a wonderful job! I'm very pleased with it...and the price is very good also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waste King L-111 Garbage Disposel Review, July 30, 2012
Bruce Walker (San Diego,CA USA) - See all my reviews
Easy installation, everything I needed was in the package. Only had to cut some of the length on the outlet "L" pipe that was supplied to fit my plumbing configuration. 1/3hp is more than enough, works great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit--easy installation!, December 26, 2013
I ordered this unit because of all of the reviews that consistently gave it high ratings--my experience was just as great! Right out of the box, the parts were all there and the instructions were well written. Honestly, I only referred to the instructions once to check the assembly of the gaskets, etc. This unit, the parts and the assembly matched my old one (a different manufacturer) so well that I really didn't even need the instructions. Once set up to go, I was no more than 30 minutes to remove my old unit to install the new one--it worked that well!