Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: GGI Watch Band Link Remover Tool Kit (Hammer, Watch Holder, and 3 Pins)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on June 19, 2012
This is the 4th tool I bought to shorten a titanium watch bracelet. I was infatuated with the idea of using screw thread power, because it is so great. Well, a hammer is powerful too, even a small 57 gram hammer like the one in this set.

All the screw thread tools failed because of broken or bent push pins. It doesn't seem like hammering would keep the impulse on-axis better than a screw thread, but the proof is in the result. It worked. I recommend this hammer-pin product.
on March 9, 2012
I bought this to use on my new Invicta 9094. I was very happy with how quickly this arrived. It arrived 3 days ahead of the Amazon estimate (thanks hobbytoolsupply for quick shipping).

It made quick work of resizing my watch. In the past, I've used paperclips to resize bands, but this time around, I couldn't find paperclips that wouldn't bend as I tried to push the pins out. The same goes for everything else I tried (such as push pins).

To use this, you simply put the band in the plastic holder with the pin above a hole, place a pin above the band pin, and give it a couple of gentle taps. The band pin will pop out and stay in the hole (very convenient because you don't have to worry about losing it). Remove the correct number of links, put a pin back in to connect the watch to the shorter band, and your watch fits.

Great price, fast shipping, easy to use tool. Five star product from a five star seller.
on April 13, 2013
I bought a watch off Amazon a couple of weeks ago, and when it arrived it was HUGE. I swore up and down it was a man's watch, but the seller insisted it was a woman's watch. Anyway, it was SO big, that I knew I had to remove at least 5 links (yes, 5 links). I called around to the local jewelers in my neighborhood and they wanted anywhere from $19.99-$27.99 to remove the links! NO WAY. So, I got back on amazon to look for a link remover tool and saw the great review on this kit. I ordered it and it arrived so quickly. Seriously, this is the greatest gadget I have ever bought! I can add/remove links on as many watches as I want over my lifetime for 5 bucks instead of wasting $20 going to the jeweler for ONE watch. This is easy and it worked perfectly! I am so pleased with this purchase. I highly recommend!
on February 2, 2013
This tool is the best watchband sizing tool I've used in years. It's perfect for those tough pin-and-collar setups as found on watches like the Seiko Monster, Orient 300m saturation diver, and Seiko SARB series. Great for removing pins and also putting them back in.

There's really no comparison between this one and the other $5 plastic blue screw-driven vise tool. You can get the pin driver on this one aligned perfectly every time because you're looking right at it, vice guessing where the hole is, as with the other tool. This means no scratched links. Also, the other tool will bend apart as you're screwing the driver in.

This is a high quality tool for next to no cost. My only regret is that I didn't get it sooner.
Don't let the low price full you. The high rating of this kit is well deserved. I had two beautiful brand new Anne Kline ceramic watches that needed their bands resized. Using this kit and watching an instructional video video on YouTube, I had the bands perfectly sized in minutes.

The tools in this kit are good quality, when considering they are so low priced. The pins are strong and don't bend when tapping them with the hammer. The watch block served it's purpose well and for under ten dollars I was able to size two ceramic watches without having any problems or doing any damage.

If you are unfamiliar with how to size ceramic watches and are doing it for the very first time, I suggest watching a few instructional videos first. It will make using this kit much easier and explain what the function is of each of the pieces. For the price, this kit just can't be beat!
on August 7, 2013
I bought a brand new Citizen Eco Drive from Costco, but the bracelet was too big. I watched online how to remove the pins but i don't have any size punch that will push the pin out. I tried paper clip but it didn't move. I tried a safety pin, bent when i hit it with a hammer. I didn't want to mess up the brand new watch so I ordered this. When it came, opened it, found the right size and used the hammer that came with it, and literally, in a few seconds, I've resized my bracelet. It has a place where the pin will exit so you won't lose the pin.. Excellent product.
on March 17, 2011
The tool worked great. I suspect I will need it again in about ten years, so I hope I will be able to keep track of it among my stuff. It comes with three extra punches which appear to be in only two sizes...not an issue in as much as the one I used worked perfectly, and the others are, for me, just spares. The item even came with free shipping. For the price it can't be beat. This item was more than adequate for the job at hand.
on September 22, 2011
I always thought I could do this myself...each time I had a watch sized. This simple tool made it super easy to do. I love watches and have a small wrist and I used this twice already. I was unsure about 2 expensive ceramic watches I purchased, but it took not even ten minutes, if that to size them. I would tell anyone not to hesitate, I spent $10.00 on sizing a watch a few months ago....If you can hammer a pin, you can do this!!
on March 8, 2014
I had ordered a watch online, and knew the bracelet would need to be sized, so I ordered this kit at the same time. Both arrived the same day. The kit consists of a blue plastic jig which holds the bracelet up on its edge, three nicely machined punches to drive the bracelet pins out, and a nice hammer with a metal and a plastic tip.
It was no problem at all to set the bracelet in the jig and drive out pins to remove links (there are small holes in the jig to allow the pins to fall through to the table). I removed the required number of links and put the bracelet back together.
A tip: most bracelets have an arrow on the inner surface of the links showing the direction the pins are to be pushed OUT. Reassembly is as easy as keeping the pin oriented the same way (there is a split end which resembles a tiny screw head, and a solid end) and pushing it back in the opposite direction....so if it comes out "forward" it goes in "backward"...in the opposite direction of the arrow.
on December 26, 2013
I purchased this to re-size a couple of watches that my wife has that were far too big. I read the reviews and was cautious as a lot of other similar items had some bad reviews about the durability of the products. I saw the high ratings on this kit and took the leap and purchased it. I received it and have successfully re-sized the two watches without any problems, The pins and hammer seem very sturdy and do not seem like they will be in any kind of danger of bending or breaking for a long time, or ever with my casual use. I would highly recommend this item for a watch band kit and I believe you will be fully satisfied with the product and it's performance.