Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL

on March 9, 2012
I bought this to use on my new Invicta 9094. I was very happy with how quickly this arrived. It arrived 3 days ahead of the Amazon estimate (thanks hobbytoolsupply for quick shipping).

It made quick work of resizing my watch. In the past, I've used paperclips to resize bands, but this time around, I couldn't find paperclips that wouldn't bend as I tried to push the pins out. The same goes for everything else I tried (such as push pins).

To use this, you simply put the band in the plastic holder with the pin above a hole, place a pin above the band pin, and give it a couple of gentle taps. The band pin will pop out and stay in the hole (very convenient because you don't have to worry about losing it). Remove the correct number of links, put a pin back in to connect the watch to the shorter band, and your watch fits.

Great price, fast shipping, easy to use tool. Five star product from a five star seller.
on June 19, 2012
This is the 4th tool I bought to shorten a titanium watch bracelet. I was infatuated with the idea of using screw thread power, because it is so great. Well, a hammer is powerful too, even a small 57 gram hammer like the one in this set.

All the screw thread tools failed because of broken or bent push pins. It doesn't seem like hammering would keep the impulse on-axis better than a screw thread, but the proof is in the result. It worked. I recommend this hammer-pin product.
on April 13, 2013
I bought a watch off Amazon a couple of weeks ago, and when it arrived it was HUGE. I swore up and down it was a man's watch, but the seller insisted it was a woman's watch. Anyway, it was SO big, that I knew I had to remove at least 5 links (yes, 5 links). I called around to the local jewelers in my neighborhood and they wanted anywhere from $19.99-$27.99 to remove the links! NO WAY. So, I got back on amazon to look for a link remover tool and saw the great review on this kit. I ordered it and it arrived so quickly. Seriously, this is the greatest gadget I have ever bought! I can add/remove links on as many watches as I want over my lifetime for 5 bucks instead of wasting $20 going to the jeweler for ONE watch. This is easy and it worked perfectly! I am so pleased with this purchase. I highly recommend!
on February 2, 2013
This tool is the best watchband sizing tool I've used in years. It's perfect for those tough pin-and-collar setups as found on watches like the Seiko Monster, Orient 300m saturation diver, and Seiko SARB series. Great for removing pins and also putting them back in.

There's really no comparison between this one and the other $5 plastic blue screw-driven vise tool. You can get the pin driver on this one aligned perfectly every time because you're looking right at it, vice guessing where the hole is, as with the other tool. This means no scratched links. Also, the other tool will bend apart as you're screwing the driver in.

This is a high quality tool for next to no cost. My only regret is that I didn't get it sooner.
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon October 19, 2013
Don't let the low price full you. The high rating of this kit is well deserved. I had two beautiful brand new Anne Kline ceramic watches that needed their bands resized. Using this kit and watching an instructional video video on YouTube, I had the bands perfectly sized in minutes.

The tools in this kit are good quality, when considering they are so low priced. The pins are strong and don't bend when tapping them with the hammer. The watch block served it's purpose well and for under ten dollars I was able to size two ceramic watches without having any problems or doing any damage.

If you are unfamiliar with how to size ceramic watches and are doing it for the very first time, I suggest watching a few instructional videos first. It will make using this kit much easier and explain what the function is of each of the pieces. For the price, this kit just can't be beat!
on August 7, 2013
I bought a brand new Citizen Eco Drive from Costco, but the bracelet was too big. I watched online how to remove the pins but i don't have any size punch that will push the pin out. I tried paper clip but it didn't move. I tried a safety pin, bent when i hit it with a hammer. I didn't want to mess up the brand new watch so I ordered this. When it came, opened it, found the right size and used the hammer that came with it, and literally, in a few seconds, I've resized my bracelet. It has a place where the pin will exit so you won't lose the pin.. Excellent product.
on March 17, 2011
The tool worked great. I suspect I will need it again in about ten years, so I hope I will be able to keep track of it among my stuff. It comes with three extra punches which appear to be in only two sizes...not an issue in as much as the one I used worked perfectly, and the others are, for me, just spares. The item even came with free shipping. For the price it can't be beat. This item was more than adequate for the job at hand.
on September 22, 2011
I always thought I could do this myself...each time I had a watch sized. This simple tool made it super easy to do. I love watches and have a small wrist and I used this twice already. I was unsure about 2 expensive ceramic watches I purchased, but it took not even ten minutes, if that to size them. I would tell anyone not to hesitate, I spent $10.00 on sizing a watch a few months ago....If you can hammer a pin, you can do this!!
on December 4, 2012
I ordered this item because I have a current obsession with watches. I have bought three watches and each one of them I had to have links removed. To get them re-sized at my local jeweler it costs about 10 dollars. After my third watch, I decided to remove the links myself. I looked up some How-to-Videos of removing links on watches and decided to order this item. It is important to know that this product does not come with a manual on how to remove links so make sure you do your own research. The holder is small but sturdy so it still serves its purpose. The three pins included are great for variation for the sizes. I guess my only minor complaint is that the plastic part of the hammer (the blue part) seems to wear out quickly. Either that or I'm hammering too hard. None the less, it's great for the price and effectiveness!
on August 19, 2014
Chosen and bought after extensive research.

Thank you all, reviewers, for a lot of meaningful opinions, whether positive or negative.
You saved me some money, as I first intended to go for one of these screw driven tools - they show a bit more tech, like a dedicated machine.
But as other reviewers said, one is likely to go blind with them, because if you can't see the hole of the link, you can end by pushing hard the pin next to it and get the pin broken, plus the bracelet scratched.
There could be also an alignment trick with them, since the mounting height of the screw doesn't match every band thickness, unless the tool is equipped with some sort of elevating support for the band.

So you don't need anything else more expensive, just carefully use the provided pins and you'll get no more headache in the future with adjusting.

Here's how, for non-techies:

Every bracelet has arrows underside, indicating both the links able to be removed and the direction the pins need to be pushed OUT.
Choose the right slot of the holder for your band following the thickness, it should fit in one of these without much loose space - it's crucial it stays vertically.
The link hole you want to remove should be above one of the holder's holes, as the pin needs space to go out.
There are 3 pins of different thicknesses to choose from.
If you can't notice which one is closest to your hole dimension, but you got a somewhat usual or big band, start trying with the thicker first, as it's more likely to suit (the 2 others are much more delicate and suitable for very thin bracelets only).

Place one of the provided pins above the link pin, trying to align them vertically, like an extension (alignment is very important here!).
Apply a few light taps with the hammer (for very thin holes, use the plastic head). Usually, after 3-4 taps, the pin should go out.
Note that the pin has a thicker head at the opposite end.
Make the same work with the pin placed on the last link(s) you want to remove.

First, align the empty holes of the unconnected links.
For reinserting the link pin, you have to push it from the reverse side, in the opposite direction of the arrow, with its thicker head outside, otherwise won't work (extremely important!).
Be sure you place its thinner head inside the hole by hand and gently apply few taps with the hammer, until the pin is completely buried.
If you face some resistance, then when the link pin is still out 1-2 mm, place on top of it the same provided pin you used to get it out, align them carefully and apply other few soft taps until it disappears.

Hope it helps you with some sort of guidance.