5.0 out of 5 stars Eilidh is my Hero!
Oh, I don't think I will ever be able to express with words how much I enjoyed this book! Maybe if you were able to see the river of tears I cried while reading it, you could understand me. Eilidh is such a loveable character, so unfortunate, yet so strong.
I could be Eilidh..
Every woman could be Eilidh!
It was really easy to relate to her, and to feel the...
Published on December 1, 2011 by Ananda

2.0 out of 5 stars inconsistent plot
This book is not worth reading in fact I couldn't read more than half! The sotry is inconsistent and trivial.
Published 4 months ago by Rita

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Eilidh is my Hero!, December 1, 2011
This review is from: Watch Over Me (Paperback)
I could be Eilidh..
Every woman could be Eilidh!
It was really easy to relate to her, and to feel the pain she is going through. But oh no..you won't be sorry for her, you will admire her! She is a fighter, someone you would love to be your best friend or a relative. I look up to her, for her strength to pick up the pieces of her broken heart and head towards a new life.
For even when the womb is empty and the heart is broken, hope is the last to leave. Make sure you never let it go, because When you let go off hope, you have nothing!

"Watch over me" is a debut novel by fantastic Daniela Sacerdoti. Funny, but while reading it, I didn't have the impression this is the FIRST book Daniela has written. I absolutely enjoyed every single page of it! By all means Daniela is a talented storyteller and someone that will surely conquer your hearts!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Gentle Heart-warming Romance With A Twist, October 7, 2012
This review is from: Watch Over Me (Kindle Edition)
As the author of Annie's Guest I am aware of the power of the supernatural and while I may only allude to it in that book it is at the centre of this book.
The major problem the book is concerned with is the main character`s inability to get pregnant. Years of infertility treatment drive her and her husband apart until Eilidh seeks refuge in her home village of Glen Avich in Scotland. Unfortunately she comes across Jamie, an old childhood friend who has no partner - she left as soon as she could - but who has a delightful little girl. Jamie is still very hurt and finds any relationships with women difficult.
Eilidh slowly begins to heal in the old familiar surroundings and settles into a quiet rural life. She still aches to have her own child and eventually starts looking after Jamie's daughter after school until Jamie returns from work. Jamie is involved with a younger woman who loves him madly. Further complications arise when Eilidh is seriously injured in an accident.
The narrative is told in the first person singular in a fairly straight forward linear fashion but by different narrators: Eilidh, Jamie and Elizabeth, Jamie's mother who is alive at the beginning of the book but who dies and thereafter appears as a ghost. However, this is a romance so Elizabeth is not a frightening ghost but one who watches over Jamie, Maisie (her granddaughter) and Eilidh and tries to move events on when she can. This is where the book's title - Watch Over Me - comes from and it's a nice thought having someone watch over you.
This is a gentle heart-warming romance, my only criticism being I always think of Jamie as a man's name as a bit wimpish. Also I wish writers would get it into their heads that the main stop is the full stop. Here commas are used like confetti.

5.0 out of 5 stars I hope someone is watching over me, November 15, 2012
This review is from: Watch Over Me (Kindle Edition)
It was a book that I found hard to
put down
It gives you that lovely warm feeling when reading it

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming & comforting & enjoyable, September 6, 2012
This review is from: Watch Over Me (Kindle Edition)
This book struck such an amazing chord within my life just at the right time and gave me a huge amount of comfort whilst reading it. IVF and failed pregnancies is going on our family right now, our wonderful much loved father was in the last days of his life and we are all from Scotland. To have so many similarities in this book was just amazing and to read it at that particularly difficult moment at my fathers bedside seemed more than just fate.
The love of the Scottish countryside, its people and traditions.. i could totally resonate with the lead character and the comfort going home brought her. The premise of the story that those we love are watching over us, made me feel not so afraid of losing a loved one and the beautiful way it was written made it a very enjoyable story.
The lead characters mother and sister also reminded me of quite a few people i know and made me smile at their self interested ways.
For a reader of mainly thrillers all my life i very rarely dabble in this type of genre but i am so glad that this one was the one that i picked... its a beauty.

2.0 out of 5 stars inconsistent plot, May 10, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars A Delightful Read, June 28, 2014
This review is from: Watch Over Me (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed Watch Over Me. A nice easy read with very nice style of writing. Found it a bit confusing initially as it moved between past and present and getting to know all the characters involved. But after that I really got into the style of writing and would recommend it. A romance kindled and nurtured from the other side. Delightful.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, June 28, 2014
This review is from: Watch Over Me (Kindle Edition)
It's easy to read, interesting and a different way of looking at the characters who are involved in this story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book, June 15, 2014
This review is from: Watch Over Me (Kindle Edition)
Eilidh has lost herself, after trying for ten years to conceive undergoing five IVF treatments being left a shell of the woman she once was by the hormone injections she finally, finally finds herself pregnant. The fact that her marriage has long since broken down, her husband is cheating on her doesn't matter, she's pregnant, it's all she's ever wanted, can you imagine what it would be like to be in this position and then to lose the baby what would life be like, the author does an amazing job it was almost painful to read I was lost completely in her pain, her suffering and her isolation. She finds an inner strength that even years of being bullied by her family couldn't take away or is this the reason she's so strong. She returns to the small Scottish village where she was happy as a child and starts to rebuild herself and her life. There we meet some truly wonderful characters who are written in such a way that they seem so real and we share their pain and happiness. This is a beautiful book, the writing is amazing I enjoyed every minute of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, June 10, 2014
This review is from: Watch Over Me (Paperback)
Great story and a real page turner. Good summer read. A courageous beautifully written novel. A poignant story about letting go and moving on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, May 5, 2014
This review is from: Watch Over Me (Kindle Edition)
excellent. I found myself unable to stop reading until I found out what happens next. It touched every aspect of life--sorrow--pain-loss--determination, etc, etc, etc.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›