Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: Audio CDChange

on September 19, 2000
The music in this movie was fantastic, so I immediately ordered the soundtrack. Imagine my disappointment to find NONE of the songs on the CD. Instead, this soundtrack is filled with the score of The Watcher. In and of itself, it's a fine compilation -- unfortunately, it just wasn't what I expected.
on October 8, 2001
I bought this looking for a few songs i heard during the movie, but it's still a great score overall. PS by the way, the female singer -- whose song isn't on the soundtrack -- is PORTISHEAD, and the song is called Roads. I think it's on their "DUMMY" album...
on September 18, 2000
Love the soundtrack, hated the movie. If you like alternative Rock, the likes of STP and 9I9, you'd like this... Enjoy!
on January 18, 2002
When I first saw this film the opening score caught my interest immediately. Throughout the film the fast paced tracks interspersed with haunting melodies provide an interesting atmosphere to immerse yourself in. If you enjoyed scores from films like Dark City or Scream you'll likely enjoy this as well.
On a side note, there are a lot of great contemporary tracks in the film including both well known and newcomer artists. Someone inquired about the song played on the homeless girl's stereo--it's called "you can't say" and it's by holly light. If anyone knows the name of the song that plays as the police are visiting the homeless girl's mother(lyrics include "now it's over like it never was before") I would be very grateful!
on September 21, 2000
I bought this CD expecting the music that was played in the movie... actually I was looking for one song in particular... the one that is played when Joel is visiting the woman's grave, and then lapses over into his session with the therapist. The only lyrics that I could make out were '... how can this feel so wrong...' The song is sang by a woman, and I know I have heard it before, I just can't track it down... if anyone can help feel free to e-mail me at JavaBoi@WebAve.com
This CD has some great music from the film's score, just be warned thats it. You won't find any of the Rob Zombie tunes on here; however, if you are looking for the scores, here they are... and I must admit they are worth listening to if that sort of music is interesting to you.
on September 16, 2000
Except for one song not being on the soundtrack, the soundtrack is like a character on its own which can tell the story to you again and again as you listen. I enjoyed the movie because of this soundtrack. If you enjoy using your imagination and feeling for the characters, this soundtrack will do that.
on March 21, 2002
There was a rather 'heavy metal' kind of track played in the movie both at the beginning when Griff is dancing around the flat and at the end when he is waiting for the cop to arrive. Oddly enough, it doesn't appear in the soundtrack, but Keanu has danced to it before. In the Matrix. During the Matrix Club scene, that same track is playing in the background. Fortunately it IS on that album (The Matrix Soundtrack) so I have an artist and title. Rob Zombie - Dragula. Just in case you were wondering...
on December 23, 2002
When he is taking the pictures of the girl in the photo shop, Sneaker Pimps' "6 Underground" is playing. It's on their album, "Becoming X." Portishead's "Roads" is playing I think when they first show the cemetary.
on July 12, 2001
What is wrong with you people??? You people seem to buy stuff when you don't know what you're buying!! Most of the soundtrack reviews on Amazon consist of "I didn't expect music FROM the movie", "I want the songs" and the like. Do you know what an ALBUM is?? You know why they don't release band songs from movies? Because if you want the songs, you can buy the group's album(s). I'm getting so sick and tired of seeing these low scores because you people don't even know what you're buying. Same thing happened with "The Replacement Killers" and many more.
If it doesn't have what you want, DON'T BUY IT!!
on October 10, 2002
I've only recently (in the past couple years) become increasingly obsessed with movie and game scores, but this one has really stood out. The music is more original than anything I've heard recently and conveys more story than its horrible movie counterpart ever could. It reminds me of what a "Thief: The Dark Project" game score would sound like in more modern terms ... it starts sneaky and dark, then hurls into a cascade of intense beats in a slightly gritty, but highly stylized ambience. This pairs well with the Fight Club score which is electronic-based, but slightly "wacky" and less flowing. The combination of the two, is a nifty mix that helps fire all sorts of imaginative energies and conjure inspiring images.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse