Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on October 1, 2009
ORIGINAL REVIEW, 5 stars:

This is a beautiful, high quality box with rich color. I keep women's bangle style watches in mine (those are ones that can not lie flat). I store the watches horizontally around the pillows in the compartments. Depending on the width of the watch, I can keep 2-3 watches on each pillow, or 25-30 watches in the box.

UPDATE 5/14/14:

Almost 5 years after purchasing this box, I bought another one for a gift. What a disappointment! The finish isn't beautiful and glossy, nor is the color rich as mine is. It has a cheap look to it. So, there are many positive reviews for the original box which are used for this cheaper looking box. If the product is changed, the old reviews shouldn't be used.
I have changed my rating from 5 stars to 3 stars. The only reason that I gave 3 stars instead of 2 is that the compartments are large, which is hard to find in watch boxes.
55 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2010
This box is better than expected. It was packaged very nicely and arrived quickly. The box is crafted very well and really looks nice. The box is large enough to hold some 52mm watches and is not jammed in. The pillows that hold the watches are nice and give enough so that I can close the watch bracelets. I would highly recommend this case to everyone.
on March 19, 2011
This product advertised as "Burl wood finish" is in fact plastic colored to look like burl wood. It immediately looks like plastic with a colored finish. The box and pillows look very cheap and flimsily. I am returning this product.
on November 20, 2010
Simply stated, this is the best watch storage box for the money. As my watch collection grows, I continue to search for quality watch boxes, for under $50.00, that will store ten watches. Other than this one, they just don't exist. I'm about to order my fourth box.
on November 3, 2012
While well-packaged, this item is made in China and is flimsy. The glass/plastic top clearance window arrived severely scratched and full of dried glue as one other reviewer mentions. The color is more of a "red" then Burlwood. Therefore, it does not match my other "real" wood watch boxes. I'm not convinced this is made of real wood. I would like to see a "less red" box that is sturdy and well-crafted. The watch pillows seem very cheap and a few have black smudges almost like some Chinese underage worker didn't wash his/her hands after touching grease. I would not purchase again and don't understand the positive reviews. I sent this back to Amazon.

The one thing I do like is this watch box accommodates large watches; hence, a one star rating. Otherwise, this would be worthy of a zero star rating. Save yourself time and money and look at another watch box.
on April 30, 2015
If you've ever purchased a humidor in this price range, you'll know exactly what kind of no-frills product to expect here. Completely functional, with square edges, straight hardware, and a burlwood veneer that doesn't quite live up to the hype.

If you want a presentation piece, spend more money. If you just want a decent box to store your watches in, it'll be hard to find one at a better price than this.
on January 30, 2011
I bought this for my husband for Christmas. I get him a watch every year, and thought this would be an ideal way to display them. He absolutely LOVES it! All his watches fit with plenty of room to spare, but not with too much room that they look out of place.

The ONLY thing I wasn't super fond of was that the window was not made of glass--it is Plexiglas, but it does show nicely. It's a good thickness and I'm not at all worried about it breaking.

The box itself is gorgeous; a beautiful brown with the slightest hint of red. It goes wonderfully with our darker oak furniture. The knots in the wood are just divine and really give a unique look to the box and also help if you have miss-matched wood hues or want something that will match any wood you buy--aside from pine and the 'white' woods, this will be great with almost any color!

The pillows are very plump--almost too plump--but hold the watches nicely in place. (I suppose if you'd wanted to, you could remove some of the stuffing from the pillows as they're not completely sewn shut on the back--rather they overlap the material by 1/2 inch.)
Great color pick for the pillows and lining. It really makes every watch face and band pop--from silver, to gunmetal, to black, they all look great!
The lining has been wonderfully crafted and I have no complaints at all about it. Matches perfectly to the pillows.

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.... just need to fill this one the rest of the way first!
on January 15, 2012
After reading every single review I chose to give this box a chance understanding that it could possibly be just fancy plastic. Afterall I had a gift card and this price used all but 5 cents on it! I was more than surprised when I held the box - obviously not plastic or even fiberboard. It's real wood! Not sure what type but it's heavier than pine. It's very well crafted and finished on top of that. The hinges are well thought out and the top meets the bottom perfectly.

The interior is a nice color and the material is soft velvety so watches/jewelry can't get scratched. The pillows are plump but do fit the entire area top to bottom perfectly which is fine. I clamp my watches on and slide the pillows to the center so they show more clearly through the window. Side to side they are snug. You can't travel with this box - it's not designed for it.

The window is a plastic material but seems pretty durable. I think glass would have been too heavy. The protective strip on the window is on real good. I took my time peeling it off and it only left a little bit of residue. I used my plastic cleaner used for CD's, clear plastics, etc. Looks perfect - not one scratch. I was hoping they had changed over to that static like protector like you get on new cell phones and electronic displays but no. Just go slow and clean up afterwards. Well worth the small effort.

No lock on this one and I'm really glad. Obviously locks on boxes are for honest people and looks only. The version of this box with the lock looks gaudy and not needed.

If i had a need I would buy again without a doubt and I'm pretty picky.
on December 10, 2014
I was a little hesitant to purchase this watch box, but I was presently surprised when I received it. The plexiglass top is not only beautiful, it is safer and more durable than traditional glass. The fabric on the inside is well done, as well as the finish on the outside of the case. The color is true to the picture. One thing I do slightly dislike about the box is the cushions. They seem a bit misshapen and poorly fit the cubicles inside. It is only a minor thing though--I would definitely purchase one of these again!
on February 13, 2014
After reading all the glowing reviews, I ordered confidently. When it arrived, I was stunned to see how cheap-looking it is. It looks nothing like burl -- or wood, for that matter. The box was bright red and immediately recognizable as plastic -- very disappointing because it was intended to be a Valentine's Day gift for my husband. Luckily, amazon was great about a swift refund, and I found another one elsewhere that was only $20 more and looks MUCH nicer.

See 1 answered question