Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on February 16, 2011
You should definitely stop doubting yourself! I had this in my cart for a long time, upwards of three months, because I wasn't sure it would be worth the money. I instead had my nice watches laying around my dresser and other misc. areas. My girlfriend saw my cart and decided to buy it for me for Valentine's Day, and to say I'm glad she did is an understatement.

The film issue that they mention about previous models seems to have been fixed; mine was removed very easily and left absolutely no residue, and a quick wipe with water and a napkin (I haven't even done that yet) will make this look beautiful. It's a great addition to anyone who values their watches.

Since this is my first review, I will try and post a picture up in the images section so you can see it with a few of my watches. One of my watches is a large Guess watch, with a large leather wristband and it still fit without an issue. The hinges on the box are also well made and move very smoothly, giving the box a very well built feel.

Definitely recommend this to anyone in the market for it.
review image
44 comments|39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2012
I purchased this item as a gift and was extremely disappointed when it arrived. It is cheaply made and definitely not worth the $60 asking price. The dividers were flimsy and not properly fastened to the box. The felt lining was completely stained with glue. The description states the box as "well-designed" which is a joke. DO NOT BE FOOLED. I would be embarrassed to give this item as a gift to anyone.
on November 17, 2009
This box is exactly what i needed. Not expensive, nice quality, and it easily fits my watches... including my Russian Diver with a huge crown cap.
on February 23, 2015
I've read many reviews, and tried out many boxes to find the right ones for my collection. The price of this used to be higher, and that would definitely be too much. Current price is ok I guess since it's a solid wood and well-built. Could use better QC. I personally recommend you spend a little more, and keep shopping. A watch box purchase lasts you for years if not decades, I wouldn't cheap out. It's nothing compared to the value of what you'll put inside. I would love this box at half price though.

Pros:
* Solid wood
* Well-built
* Feels good opening and closing
* Fits large watches
* Looks good

Cons:
* Window doesn't appear to be glass and came a little dirty
* Doesn't have a closing mechanism; I don't care it doesn't have a lock, cause I never really got the point on something you could pick up and leave with. But would prefer a latch of some kind so it didn't open during transport
* Some QC issues. See my pics. Not good to have a little rip on dividers already before I've used it.
* Pillows seemed like wrong shape. Took too much squishing even on big wrist sized watches
* Not sure if it's the pillows or if compartments are TOO big, but watches didn't sit nicely in it
* Hinges had a rattle noise (but they feel good, so just a noise thing)

I'm going to return this and spend a little more.
on January 17, 2011
This box is perfect! It holds my big Invicta watches and looks great to boot. I have no idea what others are talking about with the protective cover over the glass. I had no problem removing that or the residue it left behind(wiped it off with a dry cloth towel)Overall Im very pleased with this and would recommend this to people who, like me have big watches.
on June 10, 2011
Ordered two b/c of the popularity of the item on Amazon. Thought it couldn't be that bad of a product. However I was wrong.

When the protective film was removed on one of the boxes there was a discoloration of the wood and on the Plexiglas itself. the residue would not be removed with water/soap or average alcohol base cleaner. In addition the interior of the box is this cheap felt that sheds like a dog, so you end up with a lot of fibers on the window and on your watches inside. Item returned.

I was happy to find that the second Box did not have a residue left from the protective film. However I noticed a lot of heavy scratches in the Plexiglas. It made the item look used. I wanted to gift one of these but I can't give something like this to someone. Item had to be returned.

Tech Swiss is cheap, "you get what you pay for," I thought I might had stumbled upon an exception to the saying, But ...no...
on October 27, 2010
The only solid criticism I've seen repeated has been about adhesive on the glass window that was difficult to remove.

This has apparently been addressed by the manufacturer, because mine arrive with an adhesive protective screen that did NOT stick and came off quite easily.

Excellent value and very happy with the item. Glad I took the chance despite the issue raised by other reviewers.
I was afraid I'd be sacrificing quality due to the price, but I ordered this watch box anyway after considering several choices here on Amazon and after much debate. Anytime a product has glass or plastic fragile components, I always worry about shipping as well. Thankfully, this watch box was packaged nice and tight and arrived in perfect condition. And the quality of it is perfect. It's a nice matte finish with chrome hinges and of course, the clear plastic lid gives it a nice classy look. It's not too heavy either. Beware of the size though - I had to make a special place for it, but it really shows off my watches nicely and is a nice accent piece. My only complaint is that I've already filled it up! Would make a great gift for the watch enthusiast!
on August 15, 2012
There isn't audio but it's basically me opening the case and how they packaged it. It was packaged quite well (in styrofoam) so it was well protected.

The covers around it left no residue on the case and the glass was clear so that you can see your watches when you put them in!

This case is awesome! It fits a lot of my watches including my King G-Shock Watch and my Nixon 51-30. Those watches have quite large faces but the case fits them well.

The box is made of good quality wood. The inside interior is soft and the pouches where you put your watches have little pockets in them so that you can put your extra link bands in them if necessary.

I added pictures to this item listing so that you can see my watches in this case.

This was a great buy! I would definitely recommend them for a friend or personal use.

Please note that the case does not have a lock. I didn't know that until I opened my package haha.
review image review image review image
on November 10, 2012
My watch box arrived with an 'oily' smell and several darkened glue? dots/smears dried on the bottom lining in at least 4 compartments AND the lid lining was pulling away at the lower edge. I would strongly suggest shopping around for a better quality box. I am now. This one is absolutely NOT worth $50 and I returned mine within half hour of receipt. Good thing I shop early for Christmas.