Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale
asked by C. Shull on September 20, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 25 answers
A
You either need an a/b switch or Picture in Picture (PIP) on your TV
J. Cox Jr. answered on December 29, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks. What is an a/b switch?

On the TV? connected to the Toshiba 670?

CNS
C. Shull answered on December 30, 2011

A
You do not need either of those things. I have been doing it for years. There is a button on the unit or the remote called tv/video. Press it and it will record one channel and allow you to switch and watch another channel. This only works on units with a built in tuner which this one has
L. Leverton answered on January 27, 2012

A
Thanks for the suggestion. I cannot get it to work with our server - Comcast. The only
TV/VCR button is on the Comcast remote. The Toshiba remote has an input select which shows Line 1, Line 2, Line 3 and Channel 4 - which I have the cable input to my TV.
I can record either on the TV or Cable input on the TV but when I change channels
the VCR records the channel on the TV screen. Any other help ?

CNS
C. Shull answered on January 27, 2012

A
Do you have cable tv? I am trying to do the same thing; watch one channel and record another. I have a vizio internet tv and cox communication cable tv (regular, not digital). Thank you! :)
facemanfan answered on February 7, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, I have Comcast cable and have not found it possible to use my Toshiba to record
one channel and watch another, even though the Toshiba has its own tuner. Are you having success or a problem doing the same?
C. Shull answered on February 8, 2012

A
I'm having a problem doing the same :( My old VHS/DVD had no problem, but this one...sigh :(
facemanfan answered on February 8, 2012

A
I have given up hope of a solution using the Toshiba and I do not believe it is the Toshiba's problem, but rather the problem with Comcast cable. I know Comcast
would like to give me one of their recorder units which would permit me to record one program and look at others, and charge me about ten dollars
more per month, but I refuse to do that even though I can afford it...

CNS
C. Shull answered on February 9, 2012

A
C.Shull unless the Toshiba 6670 as a tuner you cannot watch a different channel while recording. You need two tuners.
you can then switch between tv and vcr or tv and dvd

Jim
J. Cox Jr. answered on February 9, 2012

A
Folks

you need two tuners. one for watching and one for recording. if you have two tuners than it is just a matter of how you connect. for example, i use the toshiba dvd/vcr with tuner. I run my outside antenna cable into th etoshiba and the toshiba into the tv. now i can watch the tv and record on my toshiba.

Jim
J. Cox Jr. answered on February 9, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product