Watchmen Collector's Edition: Ultimate Cut + Graphic Novel [Blu-ray]
|Additional Multi-Format options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Someone's killing our super heroes. The year is 1985 and super heroes have banded together to respond to the murder of one of their own. They soon uncover a sinister plot that puts all of humanity in grave danger. The super heroes fight to stop the impending doom only to find themselves a target for annihilation. But, if our super heroes are gone, who will save us?]]>
Top Customer Reviews
Overall, the storyline and conversations are better fleshed out, and this version is truer to the comics. The largest additional addition is that of Hollis Mason's death, which is spectacularly directed to the score of the Intermezzo from the opera Cavalleria Rusticana (think Godfather III).
(1) Rorschach gets additional dialogue, some straight from the comics.
(2) When Rorschach searches the Comedian's apartment shortly after the opening scene, he encounters two cops still stationed there. He fights briefly with them before jumping back out the window.
(3) Conversation between Dan and Rorschach (beans scene) is extended.
(4) All flashbacks extended, with the exception of Sally's.
(5) Dr. Manhatten discussing the symbol on his forehead. Additional questions in the face to face with Dr. Manhatten. Dan and Hollis watch Dr. Manhatten go crazy on their TV set.
(6) Laurie getting interrogated by the military as they try to determine Dr. M's whereabouts (on Mars). Alessandro Juliani's (Lt. Gaeta from Battlestar Galactica) scene has been reinserted. He plays one of the scientists who bursts in during the interrogation of Laurie to tell the military that they've located Dr. M on Mars.
(7) Probably the biggest addition is the depiction of Hollis Mason's death at the hands of the knot heads. Interestingly, the death is done from poor Hollis' POV, where he imagines himself fighting the gangsters of the 1940s.Read more ›
The Set Includes:
- Watchmen, the Ultimate Cut (1080p/VC-1 Transfer, 215min)
- Commentary from Zac Snyder and Dave Gibbons (Explains everything from prop inspirations to plot alterations)
- BD Live
- The Phenomenon: The Comic That Changed Comics (HD 25min)
- Real Super Heroes, Real Vigilantes (HD 26min)
- Mechanics: Technologies of a Fantastic World (HD 17min)
- Watchmen: Video Journals (HD 36mmin)
- Under the Hood (HD 38min)
- Story Within a Story: The Books of Watchmen (HD 36min)
- My Chemical Romance, 'Desolation Row' Music Video (HD, 3min)
- Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comics (1080p/VC-1 Transfer, 325).
- Watchmen Video Journal, Dave Gibbons (HD 3min)
- Wonder Woman Sneak Peak (SD 10min)
- Bonus Digital Copy (Not Blu-ray)- Digital Copy of the Theatrical Version. (Not Blu-Ray, Expires November 2010)
- Disc 1 does not include 'Watchmen' WITHOUT 'the Black Freighter' integrated. The digital copy may somewhat compensate for this, but if you're still not satisfied, you'll have to purchase the 'Director's Cut' and 'the Black Freighter' separetely.Read more ›
First, it looks cool. Nice details, looks 'properly used'. But here's the thing. After I unpacked it I noticed a slip of paper at the bottom of the box. It described how to replace the batteries in the Nite Owl Ship. Wait... BATTERIES?
So I then discovered the ship is made to easily come off it's stand. Under it there is a battery compartment. It requires a small Phillips head to open. I opened it to confirm... yup a battery compartment with two batteries!
But for the life of me I could not figure out what the Nite Owl Ship was suppose to do! I saw no switch. So I even tried talking to it... nope, no voice recognition.
*** spoiler **
Finally... I figured out the top plate (circular on the very top) is a hidden switch! You press it... and it lights up (detail lights and bright main front lights)! And, for about 5-10 seconds... it makes the SOUNDS of the Nite Owl Ship flying around! The lights stay on until you press the hidden switch again...
This ended up being much more than advertised! :)
And of course the movie is great... but you already know that (or else what the heck are you reading this for)!!!
I agree with the other reviewers who note the film's ending is an improvement over the book's. It just makes more sense in the context of the story. This is not a knock on Mr. Moore, of whom I am a big fan.
I don't understand the folks who are so down on this film, unless it is that they just had the wrong expectations and/or didn't do their homework before watching it. It was never meant to be another Spiderman, Superman or Hulk story.
Kudos to Mr. Moore. Kudos for the team who produced this film.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
One of my new favorite films in this incredible DVD! It looks great in my collection.Published 10 days ago by Amazon Customer
Action, Mystery, Scifi, Psychological, Political, Romantic, and visually striking all at the same time. It's my favorite superhero movie. Why? Read morePublished 12 days ago by Aidan Gavril W.
WATCHMEN subverts the traditional superhero movie genre by portraying its heroes as deeply flawed and complex. Indeed, they are as much antihero as hero. Read morePublished 13 days ago by sft
Amazing movie.. Probably the best super hero movie of all time. The comics even better. Won't give details to avoid spoilers.. Just watch this!!Published 13 days ago by Amazon Customer
|Topic||From this Discussion|
|$43 @ WB Store||
just grab the Collector's edition at Costco - $24.99 plus tax out the door
Nov 12, 2013 by sparta man | See all 2 posts
|Ultimate or Director's Cut||
Definetly Ultimate Cut...as you can see on the back of the box, there's written "about 30 min longer than the director's cut" :)
Oct 13, 2012 by Sebi_Star | See all 9 posts
|Why is this item under review by Amazon?||
Yes, can any anybody answer this question, and should I order it from another shipper?
Dec 25, 2013 by Amazon Customer | See all 9 posts
|Out of stock already?||
do you know if this edition is region free? because it says region a...
Jun 26, 2013 by H. P. Graber | See all 4 posts
|Region and Subtitles?||
As far as i know always region free. Subtitles: English SDH, French, Spanish.
Sep 27, 2012 by Jørgen Holteng | See all 7 posts
|How does this graphic novel compare to the premium large hardbound cover?||Be the first to reply|
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Drama
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > Ultimate Collector's Editions
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > Ultimate Editions
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Drama
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > Warner Home Video > Sci-Fi & Fantasy