5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful clock!
Published on January 11, 2012 by Heraldo

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Working Properly from the start
Don't know if this would matter to you but was a concern to me (considering clock didn't work properly). The picture of clock shown by seller, wording on face is written: "WATER RESISTANT" & "JAPAN MOVEMENT"
The clock I received: "WATER RESISTANT" & "QUARTZ" (what happened to Japan movement?)
I'm supposing the seller just hasn't noticed that change.
Left me...
Published 15 months ago by robort

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful clock!, January 11, 2012
This review is from: Water Resistant Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Movement
I bought this clock to replace my Salton WetTimes, which died after 20 years of faithful service. (Salton doesn't seem to be in the clock business anymore). I chose this clock because it is similar in size, not really expecting to like it much, but it's cute as a button and uses the same locking method as the Salton, but the real surprise -- and my most favorite feature -- is that the second hand glides noislessly around the clock ... no spastic tick-tock loud jerking movement here. I feel a tad foolish being this excited about a bathroom clock, but this is really a great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Died in four years., November 23, 2010
This review is from: Water Resistant Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Movement
This is a replacement for a virtually identical one I have had in the shower for 17 years.

Pros: Easy to read numbers -- even without my glasses. Classic style. Rubber gaskets front and back that keep out water and moisture. Doesn't fog up. After all those years in the shower, it never had one speck of mold or any sign that moisture had seeped inside. It has a hole on the back that goes over a screw or hanger in your wall instead of the suction cups typical on many shower accessories -- therefore it doesn't "let go" and fall clattering into the shower/tub in the middle of the night.
, b
Cons: No suction cups, so you do have to put an anchor/screw into the wall. (An advantage to me, but just be warned.) Eventually it may wear out. Mine eventually stopped working. But after 17 years, I don't think it owes me anything. Just really glad I found another.

UPDATE, july 2014 -- now dead. Sad that it didn't last longer -- maybe even sadder, I'm buying another because I can't find anything that seems better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outdoor Clock Rocks!!!!, May 14, 2011
This review is from: Water Resistant Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Movement
I love this clock. I ordered two. I am sure this clock would be perfect for your shower. I use these outside. I have one on a tree in my garden and one on a tree in my front yard. I use them to watch the time when I am watering or just need to know when it's time to stop working in the yard/garden. I had one of these clocks on a tree in my former back-yard for over twenty years. We sold it with the house. Searched for this clock everywhere and finally found it on Amazon. This clock has never leaked, of course, the batteries do need to be changed but not very often. I put this clock outside and never brought it in for over twenty years, what a record. The hooks on the tree had to be changed periodically because the tree growth would begin to consume them. I highly recommend this clock as "water-proof" although it is marketed as "water-resistant". I guess if you threw it in a bucket of water for a while it might not be "water-proof" but to use outside it is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful clock and extremely nice customer service, January 21, 2012
This review is from: Water Resistant Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Movement
This clock is very pretty (I bought the one with the white border). When I received my clock, only the second hand moved and not the other hands. I called the seller (Gallery of World Accents, aka Garrett Enterprises) and the man that answered the phone was very nice. He shipped me a new clock that same day for free and said he would test it first to ensure it worked. I didn't even have to ship him back the broken one. The replacement I received works perfectly and is just the right size for my bathroom. It looks even better than in the picture. It is pure white color, not a cream or off-white (it is hard to tell in the photo).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wall clock, no noise!, May 26, 2013
This review is from: Water Resistant Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Movement
I wanted a wall clock that didn't look like some flimsy piece of junk AND didn't provide the oft-hated "tick-tick-tick" to remind you of every moment of your life slipping away. This clock succeeds on both accounts.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Worthy Clock for Any Watercloset. A Trusty Timepiece for any Toilet., November 6, 2013
This review is from: Water Resistant Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Movement
The strange thing is, you don't know what you got 'til it's gone. Wait a minute, didn't Cinderella have something to say about this? The truth is, our bathroom clock finally bit it after years of faithful service. He will be missed. What a thankless job. Being a bathroom clock, that is. Of all the rooms in a house getting stuck on the wall of a bathroom has to be the bottom of the barrel for a clock, right? It's steamy, dark most of the time, and, quite frankly, a bit of a nose-pincher. You can't just put any clock in there. Our last clock, which looked almost identical to this one, did the job well. It was small, quiet and had one of those o-ring seals on the back to keep the moisture out of the movement. Set it and forget it...or at least until the battery ran out.

That's why I was a little depressed when I noticed him starting to slip. At first, it was a minute here and there. It's gotta be the battery, I thought to myself. Then a minute started to turn into 5 and before I knew it the time had come to put him down. I walked into the bathroom only to find the second hand uselessly stuck by the 7, moving slightly as if to say "I've still got some life left in me, don't count me out yet." With a heavy heart I took him down from his perch above the toilet and began my search for another.

When I saw this clock I thought, "Wow, it's just like my old one!" I know what you're thinking, it won't be the same. It may look a little similar with its white face and easy-to-read numbers but you'll know. Well, folks, I've gotta tell you, this clock was made for the crapper. It's got the rubber-sealed movement just like my old clock. It's got a washable plastic case - because you're gonna want to wash it every now and then, trust me. It's even got a sweeping, that's right, I said silent sweeping second hand. No more tick tick ticking to drive you Telltale Heart crazy in the middle of the night.

I haven't totally forgotten my old clock. It's not like I'm an animal. He will always have a place in my heart. Sure, I could just never buy another bathroom clock because I'm afraid of getting hurt, but we all know that just won't happen. It's just that, well, this clock is nice, too. They say time heals all wounds. It's a little early for me to prove out this axiom, that cut still hurts. What I do know is this clock will help me to move on.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Working Properly from the start, April 16, 2013
This review is from: Water Resistant Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Movement
I'm supposing the seller just hasn't noticed that change.
Left me wondering:
>Are they still made by the same craftsmen?
>Is the quality unchanged?
Received the clock, set the time and hung it on the wall. It ran fine for a couple of days, however, eventually I noticed the time displayed was incorrect.
Then I noticed the clock stopped running forward, actually ran in reverse for a few seconds, then forward again. It was doing this repeatedly.
Return action pending...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and best of all...silent!, January 18, 2012
BigD (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Water Resistant Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Movement
I purchased the same exact clock from another seller, but as mentioned by the previous reviewer I had no idea the second hand would be sweeping and silent. I desparately needed a fog/water proof clock for the master bathroom but was concerned how much of a ticking noise I'd have to put up with during the dead silent night. To my delight, the clock is joyously silent. I wish the manufacturer (Telesonic) would state that in the product description. They don't even mention it for this model on their website.

4.0 out of 5 stars Make note of the smal size, April 12, 2013
This review is from: Water Resistant Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Movement
Well made, sweeping hand movement is completely quiet. Seals look to be well designed and the clock has a good solid feel to it. This clock is...well...tiny(?) for a wall clock. It's a little over 6 inches across then subtracting the frame the actual clock face is probably around 5 inches across. So unless you are looking straight at it, standing directly in front of it, you will likely have trouble "glancing" over towards the clock and seeing the time unless you are close to it. So, for a small bathroom where I have it the small scale works. If you have a larger room where you will be more than 6 feet away when you are likely to be glancing towards the clock to catch the time - I would upsize to something larger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the Bathroom!!, May 23, 2013
This review is from: Water Resistant Wall Clock with Quiet Sweep Movement
I need to know what time it is when I am getting ready for work or play! Don't want to be late. This clock is perfect for the bathroom.Doesn't take up much space,nice large numbers that can be read at a glance, and it is tightly sealed so it doesn't lose time because of the steam. I have it hung over the door so no one else sees it and it doesn't interfere with my antique look. Love it!

Rate and Discover Movies