Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Water Secret: The Cellular Breakthrough to Look and Feel 10 Years Younger
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on December 8, 2010
Pretty much a waste of money unless you know absolutely nothing about nutrition and common sense.

Eat lots of fruit and vegtables especially those high in water content. Drink water.
Use a moisturizer, use sun screen. There, I've saved you the price of the book.
1010 comments|145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2010
Dr. Murads products are great and this book is a great follow up to using his products. A lot of the information provided is "common sense" in that we all know we should be eating more fruits and vegetables. In this book Dr. Murad provides an in depth explanation of what is really going inside our bodies to cause aging and disease in both a simple and scientific way. I think this a good read for those already living a healthy lifestyle and must for those who are looking for information to change an unhealthy one. I was also impressed that Dr. Murad did not promote any of his skin products or supplements. He has some really good ones!
on February 16, 2011
When I was in my teens and my early 20s, I didn't care too much about my health or what I put into my body. My diet literally consisted of ice cream, chocolate chip cookies and if I was feeling healthy, I'd snack on a granola bar or two. But when I reached the big 3-0 a few months back ( and upon the discovery of a never before seen wrinkle under my eye at the same time) I realized it was time to change my eating ways.

So Iwent to the bookstore for a good guidebook on how to jump-start my healthy living resolution and I found Dr.Howard Murad's The Water Secret book -

Some of the new information I gained from the book

* You do not need to drink 8 glasses/1 gallon of water a day to be hydrated.
* You can drink 8 glasses/1 gallon of water a day and STILL be dehydrated.
* The importance of lecithin in your diet (a fatty substance that is a major component of your cell membrane)
* The best way to eat your vitamins is to spread them out between your meals
* The importance of visiting your dermatologist at least once a year to maintain healthy,beautiful skin and hair.
* Hormonal aging begins at age 20 (!), and not at menopause.

Although some of the information in this book has already been regurgitated over and over by the media and other healthy-living gurus (for example the importance of raw fruits and vegetables) , Dr.Murad managed to write about the subject in an informative way that drives the urgency home. It has really really made me think of what goes into my body.

The book is light enough for you to read it in one sitting, but I found that after the first reading, its a good idea to keep it by your bedside and revisit it from time to time to see how you're doing against what is ideal for your body.

I also liked the fact that he didn't directly push his products in the book except for one or two mentions of his Murad Inclusive Health Center. His book wasn't a vehicle to push the Murad line of products but a genuine effort to drill into the reader the importance of choosing our food well.

I consider this book well worth the effort and would recommend it to everyone.
on December 25, 2013
How many times have you heard that you need to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to maintain proper hydration? I spent my life doing just that,only to have my doctor tell me I was becoming dehydrated! I couldn't understand how I could be drinking all that water and having lab work return "dehydrated"...My doctor recommended this book. From the very beginning, it explains that the food you eat determines how the water you are drinking will be stored, how it can remain in your body long enough to maintain cells and do the magic water needs to do. I learned the different foods needed to begin this process and found I didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to pee. The water was doing its work inside my body - not eliminating it soon after I drank it. I can't praise this book any louder. You must read this! It will change your life.
on August 19, 2010
I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy of Dr. Murad's new book. Though I'm not super old, nor do I have a huge problem with wrinkles (yet), I found this book so interesting and helpful. Dr. Murad tells us how we need to look at our health and aging as one big connection through our cells (after all our cells connect our heart to our head, our legs to our liver). It definitely has changed the way I think about my health. And I feel a renewed energy to make better decisions to improve my life.
on August 27, 2010
I received my book earlier than the 8/30 date Amazon promised it (2 weeks early!) and blew through it in a day! Because I tend to be an early adopter and therefore stay very much aware of the latest and greatest health tips and tricks, I was intrigued by the idea of Eating your Water. I'd never heard this term - and as a result, have always drank my water. After reading the book, I learned more about the health and beauty benefits of eating my water and I can tell you that it is the easiest lifestyle change I have ever embarked on with the greatest results. I have more energy, I sleep better, I'm less stressed and I LOOK younger - my skin is glowing - as if I'm radiating from the inside out (which is what the book promises to do - build new, healthier cells like the ones you had when you were young.) I totally believe in the Cultural Stress phenomenon Dr. Murad talks about in the book and I was a victim of it without even realizing it! I recommend this book for anyone looking to get back to the healthy basics of what a simpler life offers. It's not about a radical change or giving things up - it's about awareness of where you are and getting off the treadmill we're all on, running blindly. If you just make the little changes the book suggests, you'll get big results. I know I did and I am so thankful to Dr. Murad for giving me my life back - the fact that my skin looks better is just an added bonus. Which is funny because I thought it would be the other way around. Oh, and I'm no the kind of person that typically reviews anything - good or bad. But I've been so positively impacted by the message of this book, I felt I had to give it to someone else - and I think the book helped me see the importance of that too!
11 comment|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2010
An absolutely amazing book. It has really opened my eyes to the most simple things we "should be doing" on a daily basis. I am sure things we do from time to time or get in the "short" habits of, but putting it into perspective, as Dr Murad does, really makes me understany WHY we need to eat raw and take the simplest, daily habits, such as eating 5 times a day, taking care of our skin and exercising more seriously! Thank you Dr. Murad!!!
on December 12, 2010
I don't feel that I learned anything new, except who Dr. Murad is and the many patients he has seen. He tells you about it repeatedly, so you are well versed in him by the 3rd chapter. It was basic common sense about nutrition if you are mindful of your nutrition in the first place. I honestly struggled to read the constant patting on the back by Dr. Murad, so perhaps the message was lost in between the lines.
on December 16, 2010
all that this book tells you is that if you eat more fruits and veggies you will water your cells. nothing new here.
on September 27, 2010
I used to simply believe that drinking the recommended 8 glasses of water a day was enough. Since reading the book, Dr. Murad has made a strong case to change the way one thinks about their water intake.

Great Book!!