From the Back Cover
revolutionary Water language
Here, by the co-creator of the language himself, is the ultimate guide to Water, an exciting, flexible new programming language designed to speed and simplify the way you develop Web services and applications. In these pages, Mike Plusch guides you through Water programming with hands-on tutorials and over 1,000 examples that include the source code and output. You'll discover how, by programming in XML syntax with Water, you can streamline the creation of complex Web services-for example, how a complete Web service can be implemented in one line of code. Loaded with valuable code, this book is the next best thing to having the developer of Water on your staff.
You'll learn how to:
* Speed and simplify software development with this Learn Once, Use Everywhere language
* Create Web services and Web applications in a single flexible, powerful language
* Eliminate the ambiguity and verbosity of XML
* Lower training costs by reducing the number of languages to learn
* Use XML to directly represent business logic
* Unify object-oriented programming and XML
* Integrate Water programs with existing systems and Web services
* Improve developer productivity by eliminating the need for special-purpose languages and tools
* Move to a Semantic Web where content is machine-understandable
The companion Web site at www.waterlang.org provides downloadable source code and examples, new Water articles, and ongoing Water news, plus connections to an active Water user community.