5.0 out of 5 stars The most complete Duck Identification book ever.
Published on November 11, 1999 by Tim Jensen (tjensen@clear.lake...

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Pictures little content
The book is ideal for classification of ducks, but gives little detail as to where the birds are geographically located. Also there is no indepth discussion of each individual bird other than the detail for identification. It would be nice if there was a paragraph or so giving a little history on the ducks identified.
Published on January 7, 2000 by brownse

5.0 out of 5 stars The most complete Duck Identification book ever., November 11, 1999
This review is from: Waterfowl Identification: The LeMaster Method (Spiral-bound)
I have duck hunted for 25 years and for 22 of them I had only vague guesses at most species of duck I was shooting at. Not any more! I can identify most species of duck from flight level & style long before they come into gunning range. In hand identification is even better. Le Masters uses bill/plumage identification. I have not shot one duck that we could not identify using this book. I cannot say enough good things about it. The best $7 you'll ever spend for duck hunting. Ladies give your husband a gift he will absolutely love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Game Warden, January 20, 2000
By A Customer
I was issued a copy oif the Waterfowl ID guide by my supervisor three years ago. I have used it numerous times when a species was "tough" or when a hunter wanted to see comparisons. The bill chart is the greates feature. I'm transferring so I must pass on my booklet to the "new" warden, so I have to have my own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Second to None, January 22, 2000
This is the most comprehensive book on the market for identifying all waterfowl species. No duck hunter should be without!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any waterfowl hunter, November 28, 1998
By A Customer
This is the ultimate book for waterfowl identification in the field. I recommend that any waterfowl hunter, new or experienced, take this book into the field for identification purposes. It is the most practical book on the market for this purpose.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Pictures little content, January 7, 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars A Duck Hunter's Must Have., September 20, 2002
By A Customer
Great book for in-flight and in-hand ID. The bill ID/comparison charts are excellent. NOTE: The pages are water resistant, not water proof.

3.0 out of 5 stars get a laminated version, December 27, 2010
The book and content are great. simple easy to use, easy to understand ID methods. Has just about every duck you will see in Ca. too.

I bought the regular version for my son and used it in the field. He ID'd his duck right away but, the page tore out before we got home. End of storry. I'm now shopping for a laminated version.

Andy

3.0 out of 5 stars thin pages, January 23, 2014
The pictures are great but the paper that it is printed on is like magazine paper and i am worried about there durabilaty

1.0 out of 5 stars Great detail low quality, August 24, 2012
This book has all the detail that I was looking for. The down side is that the book is printed on such thin paper it is extremely brittle. The cover page is made from the same thin paper as the rest of the pages. I was looking for a book for my blind bag and this is just to fragile. If you are looking for a durable book look elsewhere. I will be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reference, January 3, 2011
I've used this book for several years both for waterfowl identification for hunting and for taxidermy reference. Great book for anyone interested in waterfowl.

Waterfowl Identification: The LeMaster Method
Waterfowl Identification: The LeMaster Method by Richard LeMaster (Spiral-bound - August 1, 1996)
$11.95 $10.37