4.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny....but check out my updates!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:26 Mins
Huge, easy to install, relaxing and affordable.

UPDATE 9/11/10: Still working great. Its just me living here so I don't know how this thing would hold up with a large family using it daily...I'm sure it would be fine though because the build quality seems good.

7/22/11: Some of the water holes are starting to plug. I'm not...
Published on April 13, 2010 by Brandon Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Showerhead
Pros
--Nice wide area spray, as you can see from the picture, the middle jets produce more force, whereas the outer ring of jets provide lighter force but more waterflow.
--Looks fairly nice, unfortunately didn't match my bathroom which has all brass colored stuff.
--Easy to switch between the two modes.

Cons
--Box was damaged upon delivery,...
Published on April 7, 2008 by Mark

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny....but check out my updates!, April 13, 2010
This review is from: Waterpik AST 233CC/20008439 AquaScape Dual Mode Oval Showerhead, Chrome (Tools & Hardware)
Length:: 1:26 Mins

Huge, easy to install, relaxing and affordable.

7/22/11: Some of the water holes are starting to plug. I'm not sure how to correct this.

2/11/12: Adjuster switch broke and water flows from back of unit (the switch is the one I showed that changes from intense to light). It may be because my new place has extremely high water pressure, so I'll keep it at 5 stars and blame the plumbing!

8/28/13: My brother in law had the same one for about 2 years and the switch for water intensity broke off just like mine and it was spraying from the back. Seems like this isn't going to be as durable as it should be (-1 star for this).

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel The Power, June 6, 2007
The handheld "shower massage" units of yesteryear have always presented a bit of a conundrum, providing neither a comfortable shower (particularly when their finicky jets get clogged) nor a relaxing massage. I never really gave it much thought, assuming we had reached the limits of water delivery technology. That was, until I experienced the Waterpik AquaScape.

Right off the bat, let me warn that this showerhead is not for everyone. If you like standing in a gentle mist while being drizzled with cascading rain droplets, there are other units that accomplish this (the word "rain" is usually the giveaway). On the other hand, if you prefer to be pummeled by what feels like the Colorado River, the AquaScape stands alone. I am, by most standards, a hefty man, yet when fully engaged, the AquaScape literally pushes me backwards in the shower as though I'm being sprayed with a firehose.

Installation was a breeze, including the removal of the flow limiter. I would recommend leaving on the flow limiter at first to see if you like the default pressure. The pressure after removing the limiter, as described above, is not for the faint of heart. Also, before buying, note that this is a fixed wall mount unit. There is no detachable, handheld piece and, quite frankly, it's probably much safer that way, as a handheld component could easily spiral out of control with this kind of pressure.

Overall, I heartily recommend this product both to the showerhead enthusiast as well as the "weekend warrior".

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally--I'm CLEAN!!!!, September 7, 2007
D. Meyer (Orlando, FL USA) - See all my reviews
I read all of the reviews before I bought this and agree with just about every one.

This is THE hidden gem when it comes to shower heads both in value and in water coverage. Like several others have suggested, I took out the water regulator and WOW--that's a lot of water! I finally feel clean. Before anyone tries to argue that I'm wasting water, I'll counter with a simple fact: I used to spend at least 15min in the shower because I'd wash my hair--rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse (then continue waiting on the low flow to actually rinse the shampoo out). Then I would lather up with soap and repeat the long rinsing. This has so much power and water I'm blasted clean in under 5min.

As previously mentioned, start with the low-flow in and certainly use that for kids or they will be thrown against the opposite wall. But take the regulator out and enjoy what seems to be about 5 shower heads blasting you with water. Ahhhhh......

4.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Impressed, April 5, 2007
Having recently cleaned and remodeled a bathroom, I was looking for a showerhead that was larger than your typical handheld. I wanted to be something that was sure to deliver the water, and boy does this do the trick. Installation was easy, even removing the water pressure regulator, and within minutes I was enjoying a shower that was beyond refreshing and relaxing. You may want to set an alarm to make sure you get out of the shower, because you may not want to leave.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best $25 ever spent, August 1, 2007
This really is a great deal. My shower head in the new apartment was OK. it felt like I had low pressure and the spray was narrow. This shower head far exceeded my expectations, great spray and pressure. I didn't even have to remove the flow regulator and it was so easy to install. It took me longer to get the old showerhead off than it took to install this one.

Do yourself a favor and get this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent full body shower, July 11, 2006
Since I have low water pressure, I hunted for a good Waterpik showerhead which allows you to remove the flow regulator if needed. I tried the hand helds and while they were ok, they always felt too weak for me. Tried a bunch of different ones from Kohler, Delta, etc. and nothing seemed worth the price. Then I stumble across this baby. Like those increasingly popular large rainfall and downpour and Waterpik's own Cascadia models, this is an oversized showerhead. This one has a unique oval head design that can be mounted sideways or up like a huge shield over your head. Because the price was low, I tried one.

Wow. This thing felt great!! Used to crappy shower heads with minimal coverage this was amazing in comparison. Full wide area coverage or a strong power spray to wash off soap and shampoo. Knowing that my previous heads were just crappy I still removed the regulator to see the difference and then re-installed it. Stronger still and just felt overall great. The shower itself is a plastic with a chrome finish but seems like it will last, unlike hand helds that always crack as they are dropped against the tub, etc. The light weight of the showerhead means it stays put where you bend it, something not so easy with the heavy metal ones with the extending arms. I love it and am getting as second one for the other bathroom.

For the price, you definitely cannot go wrong. Those with low water pressure can remove the flow regulator to help get some oomph in their shower and wind up taking a quicker shower instead of spending longer with no pressure wasting even more water in the long run. This would have gotten 5 stars if it had some type of massage feature but as it is, for the price it's hard to beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic shower, May 19, 2007
I live in an apt. building with very low water pressure, and sometimes my shower was just a miserable trickle of water. Not so with the Waterpik-fantastic full spray. It's a lot larger than it looks in the pictures, and gives great coverage. Buy this showerhead!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best showerhead ever, January 28, 2007
Bakermum (Moorhead, MN) - See all my reviews
This is a fantastic showerhead! My husband installed it with no problems, and if you knew my husband, you would know this is an amazing testimonial. He is not a do-it-yourself kind of guy. The 2 settings are perfect; the drenching rain for my son and me, and the power settining for my husband and daughter. I love this thing so much I'm going to stock up on it for gifts!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shower head turns my shower into a mystical waterfall, November 26, 2011
If you've ever wondered what it must feel like to be a mermaid washing her hair on the rocks under a cascading waterfall in a breathtaking lagoon, look no further. When I turn on this shower head, the torrents of water roar forth and transform my showering experience from the drab, cold, unsatisfying damp hell it once was into a drenching flurry of relaxation.

Previously, my shower head covered an area about ten inches wide, leaving me with the awkward experience of warm water on my back and cold air on the rest of my body. This shower head will fill a standard shower with unrelenting streams of hot watery goodness all over your body.

Somehow, even when standing with my back to the water, my flesh being pounded from every angle, I feel warm water on the front of my body as well. Physics? Bah. Physics mean nothing to this shower head.

Now if I can just double the size of my shower, add an in ground hot tub, a mini fridge full of capri suns, a waterproof mariachi band, and maybe get another 2 or 3 of these bad boys for complete coverage, I'm pretty sure I'll be set for life.

But seriously, best shower head ever. Short of installing some kind of crazy rain-maker shower head in your ceiling, this is the best shower head you'll ever use.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT showerhead!, November 16, 2007
I was so excited to install this showerhead after reading such great reviews. The installation was so easy! A minute later, I turned on the water, and it certainly lived up to everyone's reviews.

This is an AMAZING showerhead! I wanted something like a rainfall but also have enough power... And this is surely IT! Actually, the "power" setting with the water coming out of the center is a little too powerful for me.

Great product Waterpik!