5.0 out of 5 stars Great Showerhead!
Published on June 5, 2007 by MestaySS

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Review on this Product
Published on October 6, 2007 by Bohemian Bon Vivant

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Showerhead!, June 5, 2007
I bought this showerhead to go in our new condo that we recently purchased. The showerheads that were previously installed were not exactly "the newest" showerheads available. I bought this showerhead mainly because of the price and hand held capabilities. We love this showerhead so much that I decided to purchase another for the guest bathroom. You will not be disappointed in the pressure (we have low water pressure in our condo). Although, do keep in mind that the entire showerhead is plastic, including the hose, the head, and the attachment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice long cord, very elegant looking, December 27, 2006
I ordered this in the Brushed Nickel version and although the massaging feature is weak, I really do like most of the settings. I have a very large stand alone shower stall so it's nice to take this off the wall and spray down the entire shower with this very long cord. I think the massaging feature would work better if I was to remove the flow meter that comes pre-installed to reduce water waste. The instructions are detailed on how to do so, so if you like a true shower massage, this may work for you by increasing the amount of water flow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, but never knew before - Fat people rejoice! (=, January 16, 2008
We just moved into a new home with water-saving showerheads that made showering feel like an assault with needles, so we were very excited to try something different. I selected this model after seeing that the flow regulator was easy to remove since the water pressure where we live isn't optimal.

In terms of water flow, we went from famine to feast. The water comes out so much better with this showerhead and without the flow regulator in place that I may actually try replacing it for a while. The multiple settings are nice, but as others have said, the massage is weak at best. I don't have any problems with the misting setting, however, and will probably use just one setting most of the time anyway.

I wish I would have purchased one of these years ago, as the handheld feature is just what I've always needed but never knew it. For an overweight person, like me, normal showers don't always get the job done when your stomach acts like an umbrella -- with this I can rinse my legs (and more!) again with confidence!

The showerhead is plastic, though the brushed nickel looks nice and it doesn't feel as cheap as I expected. A pair of needlenose pliers made quick work of removing the flow regulator, and installation was a snap once we wrestled the old showerhead off.

Less than 12 hours after receiving this I'm ordering another one for our daughter's bathroom! This was the best shower I've had in over a year, and that includes Caesar's Palace :) I doubt I will, but even if I needed to replace this 2 or 3 times a year, it would still be well worth the cost!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Review on this Product, October 6, 2007
This review is from: Waterpik TRS-553 Elements 5-Mode Handheld Shower, Chrome (Tools & Hardware)
A friend had this showerhead and I was so impressed I bought it and installed it in my shower. The showerhead itself is great, but the main problem is the cord. My friend's shower is in a bathtub -- therefore very deep with plenty of room to move around. My shower is small with just room to turn around, and that's when the design flaw of this product showed up. The cord literally will not sit flat against the wall and in fact curves outward away from the wall and protrudes into the shower space by about a foot. Unfortunately you'll really notice this in a tight space. I would rather pay more for a high quality metal cord that hangs flat against the wall. Waterpik should go back ot the drawing board on this aspect of their design for all their showerheads. It's pretty terrible, and they used to make such great products.

The other big issue with this shower head is that I installed it straight out of the box and literally no water came out -- none at all. When I unscrewed it to see what was going on black water (like old mixed watercolors) went everywhere -- all over me, my shower, my ceiling, my white rug, and so on. It turns out that to comply with laws Waterpik puts in a plastic flow regulator which you're supposed to be able to adjust (and which in the real world every single person will want to remove). Well I tried and tried, and in no position would this thing allow any water to come out. So I had to remove it and then reinsert the black rubber washers and reinstall the thing, and finally it worked, but this part of the design should work better and the instructions should be better in regard to it. As it is I just took it out -- had to -- and then turned my attention to cleaning up the black water all over the place. (And speaking of those black washers, I'm a little concerned that they won't hold up long since just that very short exposure to water pressure was "dissolving" them into the black in my very black water.)

The showerhead works very well, but I wouldn't buy this product again because of the cord issue.

Everyone should do themselves a favor and remove the flow regulator BEFORE trying to install this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need to remove both regulator and the debris filter to get full blast of shower, February 19, 2008
I purchased 2 of this showerhead based on average review of 4 stars.
When they arrived, they looked very nice and the showerhead itself looks to be very expensive metal, but the cord felt cheap (rubber). After I installed them, I got less water volume than water comes out of my lavatory faucet. I read many other's review by removing the regulator to increase water volume.
I unscrewed it, found the regulator, and removed it. (I thought it was the regulator, but actually I've removed the debris filter first) The water increased but not to my like. So I went back to the unit where I removed the filter and found the actual regulator and removed it as well. Bingo, the water volume is just right at the level I felt like taking the shower.
Risk for removing the filter: the debris from your water line will not filter and might end up on your showerhead openings which eventually will clog the openings and reduce the water volume in the long run. You have to either clean the openings or buy another one.
Overall this unit worth every penny spent: the quality, the style, the look, and easy to install, and of course the PRICE is right.

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT as good as the original..., October 18, 2007
I have always loved the Waterpik Shower Massage for relaxing tight shoulder and neck muscles, so when I finally had to replace my old one, I thought this would do nicely.

First the positives: The brushed nickel color looks great, I like that it is more muted than chrome or brass. The handle is improved as it is now 3 sided, in a softly sculpted way, and the whole unit is lighter weight, making it easier to hold. The head is redesigned with little rubber nozzles, that should make keeping them clean from mineral buildup easier.
Installation was a breeze, and I did use needle-nose pliers to remove the water saver. I have great water pressure, and usually shower with the water only about 1/2 way on.

Now comes the bad part: The "massage" is so weak, that it doesn't even feel like a massage. That applies to both "slow" and "fast", even when I have the water turned on full force. Needless to say, I find that very disappointing, and if I had bought it at a "bricks and mortar" store, I would have returned it and tried a different one.

Bottom line: If the lack of massage intensity isn't important to you, I think you will be very happy with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pitiful, October 7, 2009
I have used a handheld shower for years, never had a problem. This one is pitiful. With the flow regulater in we achieved a flow of less than a gallon per minute, I measured. Took the flow regulater out managed to get it up to just over a gallon per minute. No pressure at all the water dribbled out of the showerhead in a limp stream. IT LEAKS, it leaked in 4 places where it was fastened to the pipe around the ball out of the joint between the hose and the shower head and around the perimeter of the shower head. There is no way to stop it. With teflon tape, without teflon tape. No matter how hard you tighten. Then there is the bracket you put the showerhead in, it droops, if you plan to use this as a shower on the wall forget it unless you stand under it and let it dribble on you, it doesn't matter how much you tighen the ring on the ball joint. I plan to return it. I also plan to never again attempt the experiment of buying Waterpik again. I just wish that it was possible to give no stars. Avoid this product like the plague. To think I paid money for it as well as shipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leaked but was able to fix :), May 22, 2007
Was a little frustrated at first because no matter what I tried it leaked right where the pipe from the wall and bracket meet. Followed the instructions and didn't use pipe tape. It also says to hand tighten only. A quick call to Waterpik customer service solved the problem. Simply use bar soap and coat the threads of the bracket and pipe. I did use a wrench to gently tighten and no more leaks. :) Also had a little trouble removing the orange water flow restrictor but needle nose pliers solved that problem and I was able to pull it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Low Pressure Solution, September 21, 2007
I live in a new condo development, all the faucets run at high pressure but the shower lines are extremely low, not much more than a dribble.

This is my 2nd replacement, the first was another brand that developed a serious leak in the head mechanism and incidentally cost twice as much.

Installation was a snap. No tools required and water tight, the previous head required some work as it leaked.

Performance at this price point is exceptional. Mechanism to switch between various sprays requires little effort and most importantly I can get a decent power spray out of one setting. Considering the fact that this head is working from such a low pressure line, pretty impressive..

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak Flow - Very Disappointing, September 15, 2007
Lance (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
I recently moved to a new apartment, leaving behind an amazing handheld Waterpik showerhead that had great pressure. I couldn't find the same model (it was an all-white, plastic showerhead), so I bought the TRS 553, which seemed to be the closest match. Even after removal of the watersaving flow regulator, the 553 has an abysmally weak stream. And making matters worse, after 3 weeks of use, it sprang a leak that I couldn't fix even after reapplying pipe thread tape.
I thought the pressure problem might just be due to living in a new place with lower pressure, but the bathtub fills very quickly, and the problem was solved when I switched to a different showerhead I found on the internet (although still not as powerful as the old Waterpik).
If you're looking for a powerful spray, avoid the TRS 553.

Rate and Discover Movies