5.0 out of 5 stars Feels like I just left the dentist office.
The reason I got this is because I am getting braces next month and have been doing research about how to keep teeth clean with braces. I read many good things about this water-flosser and decided to order it. Am I ever glad I did.
Published on September 24, 2011 by michelle

1.0 out of 5 stars Mold Warning!
Published on August 24, 2012 by Consumer Advocate

1.0 out of 5 stars Mold Warning!, August 24, 2012
This review is from: Waterpik Waterflosser Ultra And Waterpik Cordless Plus Combo Pack Includes 12 Accessory Tips & Travel Case (Health and Beauty)
We actually have liked this product and used it for more than two years. However, recently when changing the tip I noticed black particles coming out of the hand-held wand bulb. I then hit this plastic section against the sink and dislodged a considerable amount of additional black material. I felt it was then important to break open this plastic bulb section - the part you hold in your hand - and found it full of black colored mold! In my opinion this is a serious design flaw. Since this section is not sealed, it should be possible to clean it. Yet, in the Waterpik manual, you will find no instructions on how to do this, or that it is even necessary. I have read one third-party article that recommends periodic soaking of this plastic bulb in vinegar. However, there is no a way to assure that it is clean, without breaking it. It does appear that any mold in the plastic case of the hand unit may not contaminate the water spray into the mouth, however, the proximity of mold growth so close to mouth is, in my opinion, unacceptable.

I called Waterpik to advise them of my concern, noting that, while we don't seem to be allergic to mold, many people are and this section of their device should 1) be re-manufactured to allow opening and cleaning and 2) cleaning procedures should be published in their manual. Obviously, we have discontinued using the Water Pik. To their credit, the company has responded by email and is, apparently, now looking into this matter. They have offered a replacement unit and we have declined.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels like I just left the dentist office., September 24, 2011
I have always had trouble with string floss. My teeth are so close together that when I try to get the floss between them it snaps down onto my gums and is painful. Other times the floss just shreds and breaks.
Since I have been using the Water-flosser, I have no more trouble cleaning between my teeth plus I get superior results. I sometimes add a little mouthwash to the chamber but it isn't necessary.
I also love the travel unit. it works just as well as the regular one and is easy to fill. (Twice is usually sufficient.)

Shipping was fast.
Product was exactly as described.
It works exceptionally well.
I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love this product, March 26, 2012
I can't express how cool this product is. The base model is awesome. Just make sure you use it next to an easy water source such as any kind of rotating water head. For example, my bathroom doesn't have a revolving faucet so I set the main unit up in my kitchen next to two sources of easy water. Just take the top off for the easy refill and blast away on your teeth and gums without having to worry about refilling the unit. On average at full power the water supply only lasts a few minutes and easy refilling is an absolute necessity.

Also, the ability to mix stuff into the water. Whether it's just regular mouthwash or some sort of tartar removing powder. Just mix with water and you'll be amazed! AWESOME! It's quick and easy. May as well throw away any kind of flossing stuff you previously bought!

The portable unit this comes with has less power but it is good for a quick shower clean or when you're on vacation. Especially when you use mouthwash or powders with it.

Also, make sure you run fresh water through it for a couple minutes after you use it with mouthwash/solvents to keep the machine clean and longer running. Keep the water mixture always at 70% water for mouthwash or just a quick scoop of any tarter remover.

Use it every night with fresh water. 2-3 times a week with a mouthwash mixture. At least once a week with a tartar removal powder. ALways warm/hot water.

Your teeth will feel like you're always walking out of the dentist. They will brighten. Your dentist cleaning will be short and you dentist will remark on how awesome your teeth are. If your gums are bad when you buy it make sure you use the lower settings and take it easy. Then blast it up after a few weeks.

ENJOY!

4.0 out of 5 stars Waterpick, July 23, 2011
Arrived as advertised and works very well. The portable is a little weak but certainly better than nothing.

NOTE: Waterpick tells me there is no warranty on this item as the vendor is not an authorized dealer.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., January 10, 2011
I gave this Waterpik to my husband for Christmas. We haven't used it to long but from what we know it seems great. The true test will be with our next dental check-up. The base flosser seems to have more power than the cordless but I really like the cordless to use in the shower. No worries about getting wet that way. At this point we are very happy with our waterpik.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Waterpic!, November 9, 2011
I've owned and burned thru many waterpics and I really do love this one! It has the soft setting all the way up to a harder one that I just love...The portable one is not as strong a pressure and personally I don't like it or use it very often. I have brought it with me when I travel but whatever....I bought this unit because I wanted the electric one, the rechargeable one was just a bonus. A lot of heads to choose from and a nice carry bag comes with it. I have receding gum lines and new gaps in my teeth since loosing a tooth...this waterpic has toughened my gum's so I can put off having surgery. I floss, brush my teeth and am amazed that I still get some food in between my teeth when I waterpic. Not only does it clean in between my teeth better, but my mouth is cleaner and feels better too.

1.0 out of 5 stars moldy inside and out, January 2, 2013
I have had two water pik oral hygiene products and both became moldy with a black grunge inside the handle and tubing. I followed the cleaning instructions using white vinegar and still they became moldy. Company is no help, giving me the run around. The problem with this device is the design, not the cleaning process of the customer. Mold develops when moisture forms inside the handle and/or tubing. IMO these Water Pik oral hygiene products are unsafe and even dangerous. In closing, it's also NOT suitable to clean with bleach/water solutions as this will degrade the plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - forget the cordless mobile Plus extra., April 29, 2012
I used to have a waterpik, whose plastic hose sprung a leak (after 5 years, not bad). I switched to a variety that attaches to a tap - but in that, you cannot control the water pressure. I bought a RediBreeze Oral Irrigator dental water jet- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028OV2S0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 , but this began to hurt my gums. I could not quite safely and reliably regulate the pressure.
So, I returned it.
And went back to my standard waterpik. I bought this pack, as I occasionally travel, and thought it would be good to keep my good habits going, even while I travel. However, the mobile cordless Plus accessory is a pure waste. It can hold just a tiny amount of water, and the battery does not have much life in it. Completely useless, as far as I am concerned. I havent used it after a few tries. Just go with the basic model, and save your money (45$ difference).
I hope this new one lasts me another 5 years !

4.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm, October 31, 2011
Have had this product for about 2 weeks and it works well and gets food out from between my teeth better than flossing. The travel waterpik could be a bit more forceful: it has two settings, low and high. The low setting is worthless to me and the high is certainly weaker than the stationary unit, since it has a re-chargeable battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT For My TEETH, April 28, 2011
I can never seem to open my mouth wide enough to get the back teeth and NOW I do not have to. I love this Waterpik Waterflosser. It has great speeds and cleans debris so readily. The only downside that I have noticed, is the device expell the liquid out too fast, but I guess that is why my teeth are so clean. (BIG SMILE)