5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Unbelievably Great For The Price
I received my SJ1000 (the only model/name for this cam found in the instructions) a few days ago, and I will update the review if I run into any issues.

Published 17 months ago by ryanATF

1.0 out of 5 stars i USED to love it until my battery stopped charging.
Published 9 months ago by Justin Parillon

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost Unbelievably Great For The Price, August 18, 2013
ryanATF (Pittsburgh, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: O-SKY (TM) 4-in-1 Waterproof 12MP 1080P Full HD Sports Action Camera Car Dashcam with G-Sensor Motion Detection 140 Degrees Wide Angle Lens HDMI H.264 DVR194 - Yellow (Electronics)

So far this camera is amazing. I really cannot believe the price is so low when it actually has more features than the expensive "Pro" camera's it is similar to. And the video quality is excellent! 1080p 30fps looks crystal clear and 720p 60fps is great as well. There are a few things that are not so great, but not a deal breaker and easily forgivable due to the video quality and features.

Pros:

- Video quality is comparable to the big name action cams and dash cams. Always in focus. Wide 140 degree lens gives you a very cool wide angle effect, with NO edge blur (as in other expensive action cams), almost "fisheye" but not quite. The camera adjusts to different lighting very well. You can even change the exposure manually if you so desire! I have found turning on "HDR" in the menu brightens up dark shots even more. I would recommend leaving "HDR" on all the time.

- It takes 12mp still photos and can take burst shots as well. The photo quality is good, but nothing to brag about.

- It has an LCD screen! Those of you who have had other action cameras like I have, know how awesome this is. Other cameras charge extra for this feature. The screen is good quality and clear, great for lining up shots and scrolling through the menus. You do have to look at it at the right angle, though. Easily Review all your videos and still photos quickly.

- Cyclic Recording! Great for use as a dashcam for your car. This is why I purchased this camera. It can be turned off or record forever in 3, 5 or 10 min cycles. It will delete old files and record over them so you can turn it on and forget about it in your car.

- Automatically turns on and off and even starts recording when you turn your vehicle power on and off while plugged into car plug!

- Waterproof (in the case of course)! Did a quick test in the sink and what can I say, it works!

- A lot of accessories included! Although some of these will be in the 'cons' section. I'll explain below. But I am pleased it comes with a car charger, home charger, USB cable, Suction Cup windshield mount, various sticky pad mounts and links, belt clip, other clips, handlebar clamp mount, wrist strap, helmet strap, small toolkit to make adjustments and others.

- The Menu system is extremely easy to navigate.

Cons:

- My main problem is the quality of the suction cup mount. Its just bad. Very cheap plastic and the adjustable ball joint in it doesn't stay tight. To fix this i pulled the ball out of the socket, stuck a small piece of paper in there and reattached it. Problem solved. Also if you want to mount this on your windshield, use the tiny screwdriver thats included and reverse the angle-adjustable camera holder that screws into the suction cup mount. This will allow the cam to be right side up. You'll see what I mean if you get it. Also, this tip is in the instructions.

- Pretty much all accessories are cheaply made. But honestly, I am so happy with the cam itself that this is easily forgivable for the price.

- When adjusting the date, it does not switch to the Month/Day/Year option, even if you select it. It always shows Year/Month/Day. Maybe they will fix this someday in a future update, but its only a small gripe.

Overall I highly recommend this camera. With the accessories and LCD screen and other features, you could easily spend 400 dollars on the big name cams, or you can get this for wayyyyy less! I have both and I can say that, unless you gotta have the "pro" cams, there is no reason to not choose this. Love it.

UPDATE 5/15/14:

This camera has died. After 1,530 Hours of use (8 months of use as a dash cam 12 hours a day in a tractor trailer). Honestly with as much use as this thing got I still feel I got my money's worth.

4.0 out of 5 stars It'll do fine., August 10, 2013
Kinda new to action cams so I wanted to find something cheap to see if this is something I would continually use. The SJ1000 had some good reviews & decent videos for what I have seen on YouTube so I decided to go for it. Pretty much came in a regular box just like most of the review vids out there, had tons of attachments & your standard waterproof case. There were plenty of mounting options, but hardly any strap, except for an arm strap.
Took it out for a test run while walking the dog. The video quality was great @ 1080p w/ 30fps, but it seem to be over exposed with the default settings (exposure is adjustable by the way). The cam auto-focuses fairly quick & the exposure adjusts just as quick as well. The mic seem to pick up fairly well, but I did have it out the waterproof case, so don't know if it would be less sensitive in it. Speaking of which, I tried to strap it onto our dog & unfortunately she shook it off and it landed on some rough rocks, it ended up a little scratched up so I would probably keep it in the waterproof casing for extra protection.
Overall build is OK, nothing I would toss around too much. It definitely feels "plasticky" and the same goes for the included mounting gear, but its much to be expected for an $80 cam. The menu is easy to navigate, extra features such as motion detection, time lapse, & video loop are also nice, but i haven't used any of em yet. Another nice feature is the ability to record while charging, but the biggest draw that got me to choose this one as a starter action cam is definitely the built in LCD viewer which is supposedly HD, but it's pretty small to really tell. It's definitely nice to see what you're shooting and have a way to set up your shot.
Overall I'm pretty happy with the buy & will definitely do more testing & shooting. For an $80 cam there's really not much to complain about.
Hope this helps with your decision.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, Could have been great, September 10, 2013
Technically good solid camera and video.

The Bad...

The digital zoom is worthless. The battery release switch tab (internal) cracked off the first time I tried to open the battery compartment. It also causes the camera to lean to the right if set facing forward. The water-proof case doesn't support all functions of the camera. The case lens is plastic, not even tough plastic. The case opening release can only be pried open with a small explosive charge.

The Good...

Tons of attachments (a little cheaply built) but TONS! 12v car charger. Really good optical quality of video. Easy to use. Fast to charge. Small. Get about 30 minutes of video on WVGA (2 Gigs). Motion detection startup, shock startup.

I didn't think it could get 5 stars at $100. Really good value for $100. Watch out Hero 3. I can get 3.5 of these for 1 Hero.

4.0 out of 5 stars FUN CAMERA / VIDEO, March 4, 2014
It get's a four but a strong four . It came in time to read up on and use for Mardi Gras in New Orleans !!! The only things I find as a con: are the accessories , well there cheap. Maybe if extra care is taken they will last and or I can modify them. I can live with that. The only real con is the date. If you set it on mm/dd/yy it stays on yy/mm/dd. Sure I can get use to that. Over all the settings are very easy to set. That surprised me. I will tell you that I am very happy if all the accessories break because the camera alone is worth it for the price.

Mounted it to my bike and took a short trip to Lake Pontchatrain. Played with the video, still and all the resolution settings , I am HAPPY. I was not looking for a pro camera, but something for my bicycle trips to have fun with. Even plan to use it while fishing (hands free). No more tripod. This has all I need and more. Here's some of the things I played with ; preview , replay preview, fast-forward/ rewind, zoom in/ out, looping , and more ,with a 140 degree lens. Works for me. Some of you may be surprised but for the money it's pretty dam good even if you only got the camera.

My luck it came in time for Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Sorry, may not be able to post pictures ,most if I'm lucky will only be "R" rated in the area I will be??? We also have nice family areas too.

Bottom line, GOOD solid camera to have FUN with. If I break it for the price I will get another. For those who want PRO get a pro camera for several hundred more. I have a (pro) camera and will never take it out for fun , it's for portraits, and portraits ONLY.

Again the price good and works well , while I have fun !!!

I do recommend this camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars No worries!, October 31, 2013
The camera quality is very good. The mounts are 50/50 junk/usable. I will not worry about breakage or theft at this price. Perfect for my limited use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first impressions.. The boys had a great time in the pool., July 31, 2014
Got this in the mail today and used it after charging...
This has great video quality and my boys loved it after they saw themselves swimming around the pool.
I hope it continues to be worthwhile but from first appearances it seems to be a winner.
Here is the first video shot with it right out of the box so the date is wrong... it was today 7/31/14 and in our pool. My boys learned to swim about a week ago after I figured out what to tell them to get them swimming. Great day in the pool as usual!

1.0 out of 5 stars i USED to love it until my battery stopped charging., May 2, 2014
The video quality is great, really great, the mounts for the most part are okay, pictures are nothing special but they're not bad. All in all a Great camera...... or so I thought. Within 4 months of owning this camera and having the world of fun on land and even underwater the battery STOPPED CHARGING! This of course happened 2 months after the guarantee expired which leaves me to assume that is the end of my underwater fun.

In short, if you are looking for a disposable action cam, this is the choice for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice camera to take on trip., July 10, 2014
Does exactly what was on the product description. Great inexpensive camera to take on trip. Lots of attachment, some were not designed with the best logical mind. Comes with a screen that most similar devices lack, but most attachments (arm band. clips, body band, etc.) just block the view. Heck, similar (more expensive) products do not have a screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars pretty sweet, October 8, 2013
very nice packing and all kind of accessories come with, the cam its self is pretty sweet, at first it was tricky to switch from the language it came in to English but no biggie, im not sure if its like that when you order from different carriers, but anyway cool stuff good price

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, October 31, 2013
Well, it is low price camera and I didn't expect much. Problem was I've got it malfunctioned (recorded file was full of distortion and low quality video) but at least I could check it out a bit. It comes with tons of mounts but not near as good as the ones from GoPro (I know as I bought GoPro3).
Anyway I had to return in to the seller and Amazon returned the funds to my credit card; precisely the reason why I'm thrilled with Amazon and their customer service.