5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera Float, I like the 2 pack concept - video review
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:47 Mins
Here is a product review video of the Nordic Flash Floating Camera Strap for your digital Waterproof camera. I am using a Samsung HMX here but it works also on Your Underwater GoPro/Panasonic Lumix/Nikon COOLPIX AW110/Canon PowerShot D20/Fujifilm FinePix/Olympus Tough/Sony.

This is a handy thing to have if your going to use your...
Published 7 months ago by Dave CR

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Make sure you test these they appear to be able to float more weight than they do.
Published 1 month ago by nathan parmentier

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera Float, I like the 2 pack concept - video review, January 15, 2014
This review is from: Waterproof Camera Float (2-pack) Floating Camera Strap for Your Underwater GoPro/Panasonic Lumix/Nikon COOLPIX AW110/Canon PowerShot D20/Fujifilm FinePix/Olympus Tough/Sony - Float the Case Around Your Wrist and Save Your Device from Sinking - 1 Year Warranty (Camera)
Length:: 2:47 Mins

This is a handy thing to have if your going to use your camera while fishing on the lake, swimming in the Ocean and even in your backyard pool. Here is the cool thing about it - it is a 2 pack. That means you get two floats for the price of one.

At the end of the video I show me using both floats on the camera. Being in the pool industry I know one thing about water - it will destroy everything eventually - especially salt water. So if you are using this a year from now and the plastic or strap has been weakened by constantly being in water and it snaps while you are swimming in Lake Baikal in Siberia Russia your camera will sink 1,637 Meters or 5,369 feet (deepest lake on Earth). But wait, you had two floats holding your camera so all is well Comrade ;)

That is one of the major complaints I was reading about these floating straps - but the Nordic Flash solves this problem by giving you two floating straps. Very nice.

The Nordic Strap is very comfortable while on your wrist and the strap has good slack so you can shot videos or photos while the camera is strapped on. The color is bright enough to see from very far away and it floats very well with the camera attached if it were to come off your wrist. But it fits on your wrist very snug.

Did I mention it is a 2 pack? Excellent product.

Oh, I received this product for free for a review on my YouTube Channel - but I thought I should post a review here also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just the way it's designed, May 26, 2014
Length:: 0:26 Mins

I bought this to ensure my Sony Action Cam doesn't drown in Bermuda. It did its job.

I went and looped it through itself and then to the end of my retractable camera rod, tossed it into the Atlantic Ocean, and there it is!....floating! It's lightweight, portable, easy to attach and easy to wrap around the wrist. It's soft, has no smell, and can be seen far off into the distance.

A MUST HAVE FOR UNDERWATER CAMERAS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Floaters for security and peace of mind, April 12, 2014
Length:: 1:06 Mins

For many years, my passion was underwater photography. At the time I gave it up for health reasons a few years ago, my main rig was a DSLR in a cast aluminum underwater housing. For a backup, I took a compact Canon G-10 camera in a Canon underwater housing. Fortunately I never had to use the backup, but I did dive with it occasionally, and it was also great for snorkeling. The Canon rig had a slight negative buoyancy, so the floating camera straps would have ensured that it would float to the surface if it came loose from my hand or I had to release it.

I imagine, though, that most people who buy the camera floats will use them on waterproof compact cameras that need no waterproof housing, and they appear to be ideal for that purpose. They look to be well made and durable enough to last. They're easy to attach to a camera, and with the quick release, they can be popped loose in a second if need be. With a heavier camera, it might be necessary to attach both floats, although I've seen a few underwater cameras, and I think one float would be sufficient in many cases (but use both for added peace of mind, if you like). And with the bright yellow color, if your camera is floating on the surface, it should be easy to spot.

A product sample was provided for review purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super float.....works great!!, March 19, 2014
wkc "walter cosson" (DEFUNIAK SPRINGS, FLORIDA, US) - See all my reviews
Got these for a vacation trip and they worked great!! Flawless performance. Do exactly what they are expected to do! Highly recommended for anyone who wants to be safer with gopro and other small cameras. They also work well on your wrists for floatees if you are less buoyant..like me...lol

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop looking, you've found the perfect "Camera Float"., August 19, 2014
If you love your camera then protect it with this float. I used this on my GoPro and only needed one to float it (it comes with two). GoPros camera "floaty back" can rip off if striking the water during extreme speeds like water skiing or jet skiing but this goes over your wrist and stays tethered to the camera. Also the Nordic floats the GoPro with a wrist strap mount attached. Most importantly, the Nordic float rides high in the water and the float is visible from a distance with the top of the float well exposed above the water line. Obviously the more weight you add with attachments on the camera, the lower the camera and float will ride. TEST, TEST, TEST your particular camera in the water first. No one needs a float that hides your camera under water. And lastly, follow up communication with this company is exceptional, they really want you to be satisfied. I was looking all over for something exactly like this and am extremely pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous camera float!, April 16, 2014
I used this camera float on my new Nikon COOLPIX AW120. It worked great! The strap fit easily on my wrist, but I didn't have to worry about it slipping off. The float easily kept my camera from sinking both in the ocean and in the pool. The bring yellow color was easy to spot in the water as at least half of the float stayed above the surface of the water. The float dried very quickly once out of the water. It never became saturated or water logged. I would definitely recommend this camera float. So glad I purchased this one over the others I researched/considered!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what you need...and great customer service too!, January 15, 2014
First of all, let me say a bit about Henrik. He is on the ball and if you need your straps sooner than Amazon will deliver he can take care of you. Seriously great customer service!

Second, the straps really do work well for my camera - a simple point and shoot that weighs about 4.5 oz. I tested them in a full bucket and they floated the camera just fine. Against all the other options I looked at -- Chums, Olympus, and Nikon -- these seemed to be the best for the price of two.

I'm glad I ordered these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Float, March 11, 2014
Great quality, fast shipping. Performs as needed and appears to be of solid construction. The first float I had, the stitching came apart where the camera hooks to the float. A lot of good that does to save your camera from sinking. This float has two rows of stitching at this connection. Float held my Nikon perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera float seems great, Customer Service is fantastic, February 4, 2014
Hi,
This camera float seems great. Since it is winter, I haven't actually tried it yet in water. The item shipped promptly with an enclosed note from the manufacturer. Later I received an email from the manufacturer to make sure that I was happy with my purchase. This company stands behind their products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, this floating strap saved my Canon Powershot!!!, January 17, 2014
When you go swimming or snorkeling in the water it can be annoying to make sure that your camera is safe when you're not paying attention. So, until a while ago I never brought my waterproof camera in the water and I always missed to capture all the fun.
But recently, my mother bought me this yellow colored floating camera strap. And this strap helps your waterproof camera float on the surface while you are snorkeling, or diving under water or even while swimming as in my case. The best part for me is its material as I am very sensitive to wrist accessories, so I'm usually worried about the material or fabric of the products that I use. But this product has not troubled me in that area at all as of now.
So in short, I will sum up the things I found good about this product:
1. It is very easy to wear and it fit very well to my wrist.
2. Very easy to attach to your camera.
3. Material of the strap is good (I didn't face any allergies on my wrist.)
4. Go diving and let your camera float on the surface. Easy to spot because of its color.
5. Price of the product is another highlight.
And moreover you get two straps for the price of one. So even if you lose one strap, you will always have one back at home ready to use.
As of now, I have been using it while I go swimming and for that purpose it has been serving me very well. And my Canon D10 is safe. I always leave it floating on the surface while I am going under water.
I forgot to mention that it comes with a one year warranty as well. So, any wear and tear, it will be covered in the warranty.
After I got this floating camera strap, I did some research on the internet about the other products of the same category. Honestly, I found that the deal my mother got is a good one, but I can't comment about the other ones until I use them, which is not happening till a year or two at least as I am happy with this one.
So all in all, I am satisfied with this product and would recommend it.

Rate and Discover Movies