Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 15, 2014
Here is a product review video of the Nordic Flash Floating Camera Strap for your digital Waterproof camera. I am using a Samsung HMX here but it works also on Your Underwater GoPro/Panasonic Lumix/Nikon COOLPIX AW110/Canon PowerShot D20/Fujifilm FinePix/Olympus Tough/Sony.

This is a handy thing to have if your going to use your camera while fishing on the lake, swimming in the Ocean and even in your backyard pool. Here is the cool thing about it - it is a 2 pack. That means you get two floats for the price of one.

At the end of the video I show me using both floats on the camera. Being in the pool industry I know one thing about water - it will destroy everything eventually - especially salt water. So if you are using this a year from now and the plastic or strap has been weakened by constantly being in water and it snaps while you are swimming in Lake Baikal in Siberia Russia your camera will sink 1,637 Meters or 5,369 feet (deepest lake on Earth). But wait, you had two floats holding your camera so all is well Comrade ;)

That is one of the major complaints I was reading about these floating straps - but the Nordic Flash solves this problem by giving you two floating straps. Very nice.

The Nordic Strap is very comfortable while on your wrist and the strap has good slack so you can shot videos or photos while the camera is strapped on. The color is bright enough to see from very far away and it floats very well with the camera attached if it were to come off your wrist. But it fits on your wrist very snug.

Did I mention it is a 2 pack? Excellent product.

Oh, I received this product for free for a review on my YouTube Channel - but I thought I should post a review here also.
77 comments| 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2015
Effective; could float both my Olympus and my GoPro to the surface. However, they are rather large loops. Thus, when down scuba diving, there's no way to tighten the loop around my wrist - so I was worried about them accidentally coming loose. I ended up taking the floating loop off my wrist and securing the thin camera strap onto my wrist. (Photo shows me about 50+ feet down taking photos with a GoPro attached to the floats).

Not sure how to fix that, or if it's possible with this type of design, but would have been more comfortable to have the extra security.
on July 25, 2015
I purchased these to attach to my waterproof phone pouches and they do their job great. They keep the phones afloat!! Even an iPhone6 with a steel case. I purchased them for kayaking so I wouldn't lose my phone. They do their job and i am very happy with the product.
on May 26, 2014
I bought this to ensure my Sony Action Cam doesn't drown in Bermuda. It did its job.

I went and looped it through itself and then to the end of my retractable camera rod, tossed it into the Atlantic Ocean, and there it is!....floating! It's lightweight, portable, easy to attach and easy to wrap around the wrist. It's soft, has no smell, and can be seen far off into the distance.

A MUST HAVE FOR UNDERWATER CAMERAS.
on November 5, 2014
I ordered this Nordic Flash for my GoPro Here3+ Black edition. As soon as I received it I was eager to give it a try. I attached it to what I think will be the heaviest configuration that I use to see it if would work. I fastened it to my Hero3+, Battery BacPac, GoPro 3-way mount in the waterproof case and dumped it into my swimming pool. This configuration weighed a whopping 14.6 ounces, well above the 7 or 8 ounces recommended by the manufacturer. One float was able to suspended this in the water for well over 1/2 hour. It would have gone longer, but I took it out of the water after 1/2 hr. If I was in the open ocean I think I would be safe and attach 2 floats to this rig, but I feel confident that I could rescue my GoPro with only the single float attached.

I 100% recommend this camera saving device, you can't go wrong! I have $450.00 worth of equipment attached to this Nordic Flash float. It sure would be painful to lose it all in the water!
on June 10, 2015
Came back to right about this, I've lost my gopro and got a new one. If only I had this the first time I would have saved a lot of money !!

I've attached one float to a gopro 4 silver with the case and a gooseneck and it still floated !
on February 4, 2015
This is a nice product and quality is great. The floats are well made, light and feel comfortable on the wrist. The yellow color is bright and they are large enough that I think they will be very easy to spot floating in the water if my camera should get away from me.

Update: My camera actually did get away from me on my recent trip to the Caribbean, far away from me while stand up paddle boarding in choppy water and I was able to easily see the float bobbing in the choppy surf. I had my GoPro suction cupped to the bottom of my board and it came loose. The float actually supported the camera and the suction cup mount without trouble (I had tested it in the pool beforehand). Also, the strap is large enough that if you have it around your wrist it is snug and comfortable, but the lanyard allows you to comfortably hold the camera in your hand. Worked great for snorkeling.
I am very pleased with this product.
on November 12, 2015
While watching Newport Folk Fest from our boat, this conversation happened between my boyfriend and I.

ME: "Hunny? Whats that yellow thing floating over there"
HIM: "oh $h!t its my phone"
ME: "well im glad i bought these floaty things you told me not to buy"

Needless to say these things are awesome and saved his iPhone 6 Plus. I also bought dry bags for our phones and attahced these to them and they work great!
on February 3, 2016
I actually bought these for my iPhone 6s that is in a LifeProof case. The case is waterproof, but as 2 previous iPhones have proven to me, does not prevent your phone from sinking down to the body of a lake like a brick.

My iPhone 6s and case weigh about 8 oz, which is a little over what the strap says it can support (7 oz), but one strap floats the phone just fine. However, I am not very paranoid about my phone so I attach both to my phone at the same time so that 1) I have extra bouncy and thus visibility of phone and 2) if one were to break or slip off from a fall in the water there is a second one for backup. For $13 these do the same job as the LifeProof "life jacket" that will cost you around $40.

I am very happy with the product so far, but I will update my review after a little while has passed because I would like to see how long these float straps last.
review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 5, 2015
I was going to wait until after our vacation to leave a review for these camera floats, but I keep being prompted with emails from the seller to leave a review now. So I will. I haven't used these yet - there isn't much need for camera floats in the dry state of Colorado. We don't have a boat and don't spend time at any lakes, so...this product hasn't been put to the test yet. I got them to go on my new Nikon Coolpix S33. We went to the Caribbean over the summer and that trip made me yearn for a waterproof camera. While looking at cameras I could take into the water with us, camera floats kept popping up in my Amazon feed. I'm glad they did - as dumb as it sounds, I never even considered needing something to make my camera float...but I would have been really upset had I been forced to leave my new camera at the bottom of the sea!

These fit in the Coolpix S33 well, but they don't fit in the case I bought for the camera. (I got this case, which fits the camera perfectly: Case Logic DCB-302 Compact Camera Case (Red)) I wound up just running the camera float cords through the little strap ring, so they hang on the outside of the case instead of inside. The solution works - I don't really care that they can't fit IN the case with the camera. Since I haven't been to a body of water larger than my bathtub since this purchase, I can't speak to how well these work in open water. However, when I threw them in the tub, the floated well and never sank. We kept attaching little weights to the straps to see how much it would take to sink these - when we ran out of weights at 4.5 lbs, these were still floating. I think that's pretty good - it's a lot more than I expected. I am confident these will protect my new little camera when we go back to the Caribbean in November.

Bottom Line: I would buy these again. The colors are nice and bright, making these easy to locate. The float on the surface of the water, further increasing visibility of your camera. (Or whatever you want to keep afloat by attaching these.) They are a good size to go around your wrist, but aren't so big that they get in the way. The cords make it easy to attach these to a variety of cameras and other objects. They are mushy so they are easy to pack and don't take up much space. They are also a great price and arrived quickly. I would chill on the emails asking customers to leave feedback, though. That gets irritating.