Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Outdoor Deals on HTL

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon January 15, 2014
Here is a product review video of the Nordic Flash Floating Camera Strap for your digital Waterproof camera. I am using a Samsung HMX here but it works also on Your Underwater GoPro/Panasonic Lumix/Nikon COOLPIX AW110/Canon PowerShot D20/Fujifilm FinePix/Olympus Tough/Sony.

This is a handy thing to have if your going to use your camera while fishing on the lake, swimming in the Ocean and even in your backyard pool. Here is the cool thing about it - it is a 2 pack. That means you get two floats for the price of one.

At the end of the video I show me using both floats on the camera. Being in the pool industry I know one thing about water - it will destroy everything eventually - especially salt water. So if you are using this a year from now and the plastic or strap has been weakened by constantly being in water and it snaps while you are swimming in Lake Baikal in Siberia Russia your camera will sink 1,637 Meters or 5,369 feet (deepest lake on Earth). But wait, you had two floats holding your camera so all is well Comrade ;)

That is one of the major complaints I was reading about these floating straps - but the Nordic Flash solves this problem by giving you two floating straps. Very nice.

The Nordic Strap is very comfortable while on your wrist and the strap has good slack so you can shot videos or photos while the camera is strapped on. The color is bright enough to see from very far away and it floats very well with the camera attached if it were to come off your wrist. But it fits on your wrist very snug.

Did I mention it is a 2 pack? Excellent product.

Oh, I received this product for free for a review on my YouTube Channel - but I thought I should post a review here also.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2015
Effective; could float both my Olympus and my GoPro to the surface. However, they are rather large loops. Thus, when down scuba diving, there's no way to tighten the loop around my wrist - so I was worried about them accidentally coming loose. I ended up taking the floating loop off my wrist and securing the thin camera strap onto my wrist. (Photo shows me about 50+ feet down taking photos with a GoPro attached to the floats).

Not sure how to fix that, or if it's possible with this type of design, but would have been more comfortable to have the extra security.
on May 26, 2014
I bought this to ensure my Sony Action Cam doesn't drown in Bermuda. It did its job.

I went and looped it through itself and then to the end of my retractable camera rod, tossed it into the Atlantic Ocean, and there it is!....floating! It's lightweight, portable, easy to attach and easy to wrap around the wrist. It's soft, has no smell, and can be seen far off into the distance.

33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2014
I ordered this Nordic Flash for my GoPro Here3+ Black edition. As soon as I received it I was eager to give it a try. I attached it to what I think will be the heaviest configuration that I use to see it if would work. I fastened it to my Hero3+, Battery BacPac, GoPro 3-way mount in the waterproof case and dumped it into my swimming pool. This configuration weighed a whopping 14.6 ounces, well above the 7 or 8 ounces recommended by the manufacturer. One float was able to suspended this in the water for well over 1/2 hour. It would have gone longer, but I took it out of the water after 1/2 hr. If I was in the open ocean I think I would be safe and attach 2 floats to this rig, but I feel confident that I could rescue my GoPro with only the single float attached.

I 100% recommend this camera saving device, you can't go wrong! I have $450.00 worth of equipment attached to this Nordic Flash float. It sure would be painful to lose it all in the water!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2015
I purchased these to attach to my waterproof phone pouches and they do their job great. They keep the phones afloat!! Even an iPhone6 with a steel case. I purchased them for kayaking so I wouldn't lose my phone. They do their job and i am very happy with the product.
on February 4, 2015
This is a nice product and quality is great. The floats are well made, light and feel comfortable on the wrist. The yellow color is bright and they are large enough that I think they will be very easy to spot floating in the water if my camera should get away from me.

Update: My camera actually did get away from me on my recent trip to the Caribbean, far away from me while stand up paddle boarding in choppy water and I was able to easily see the float bobbing in the choppy surf. I had my GoPro suction cupped to the bottom of my board and it came loose. The float actually supported the camera and the suction cup mount without trouble (I had tested it in the pool beforehand). Also, the strap is large enough that if you have it around your wrist it is snug and comfortable, but the lanyard allows you to comfortably hold the camera in your hand. Worked great for snorkeling.
I am very pleased with this product.
on April 16, 2014
I used this camera float on my new Nikon COOLPIX AW120. It worked great! The strap fit easily on my wrist, but I didn't have to worry about it slipping off. The float easily kept my camera from sinking both in the ocean and in the pool. The bring yellow color was easy to spot in the water as at least half of the float stayed above the surface of the water. The float dried very quickly once out of the water. It never became saturated or water logged. I would definitely recommend this camera float. So glad I purchased this one over the others I researched/considered!
on January 17, 2014
When you go swimming or snorkeling in the water it can be annoying to make sure that your camera is safe when you're not paying attention. So, until a while ago I never brought my waterproof camera in the water and I always missed to capture all the fun.
But recently, my mother bought me this yellow colored floating camera strap. And this strap helps your waterproof camera float on the surface while you are snorkeling, or diving under water or even while swimming as in my case. The best part for me is its material as I am very sensitive to wrist accessories, so I'm usually worried about the material or fabric of the products that I use. But this product has not troubled me in that area at all as of now.
So in short, I will sum up the things I found good about this product:
1. It is very easy to wear and it fit very well to my wrist.
2. Very easy to attach to your camera.
3. Material of the strap is good (I didn't face any allergies on my wrist.)
4. Go diving and let your camera float on the surface. Easy to spot because of its color.
5. Price of the product is another highlight.
And moreover you get two straps for the price of one. So even if you lose one strap, you will always have one back at home ready to use.
As of now, I have been using it while I go swimming and for that purpose it has been serving me very well. And my Canon D10 is safe. I always leave it floating on the surface while I am going under water.
I forgot to mention that it comes with a one year warranty as well. So, any wear and tear, it will be covered in the warranty.
After I got this floating camera strap, I did some research on the internet about the other products of the same category. Honestly, I found that the deal my mother got is a good one, but I can't comment about the other ones until I use them, which is not happening till a year or two at least as I am happy with this one.
So all in all, I am satisfied with this product and would recommend it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2015
Came back to right about this, I've lost my gopro and got a new one. If only I had this the first time I would have saved a lot of money !!

I've attached one float to a gopro 4 silver with the case and a gooseneck and it still floated !
on November 12, 2015
While watching Newport Folk Fest from our boat, this conversation happened between my boyfriend and I.

ME: "Hunny? Whats that yellow thing floating over there"
HIM: "oh $h!t its my phone"
ME: "well im glad i bought these floaty things you told me not to buy"

Needless to say these things are awesome and saved his iPhone 6 Plus. I also bought dry bags for our phones and attahced these to them and they work great!