4.0 out of 5 stars Just Enough Hardware
Published on December 19, 2011 by Marcus W

1.0 out of 5 stars camera does not work after 2 days
As previously stated in anthor bad review I installed the camera and it worked great for 2 or 3 days now it gets a no video signal I checked all wiring and re did everything from scratch and still the same thing I reset the Head unit and still nothing I guess you get what you pay for this camera sucks big time.
Published on September 16, 2012 by Capo

4.0 out of 5 stars Just Enough Hardware, December 19, 2011
This review is from: EskyŽ Waterproof NTSC Universal Car Rearview License Plate 1/4 Inch CMOS Backup Camera + IR Night Vision (Electronics)
This Camera came with "Just Enough Hardware", so that i could install it in my "2002 Yukon XL". If i would have ran the cable(Video/yellow/about 20') from the head unit to the left or right side, of the vehicle then continue to run the cable to the back of the truck, i would have needed a male to female, extension for the Video Cable. Which would have cost more money, yet glad i didn't need the extension cable

While installing the Camera, I didnt want to tap into any existing stock vehicle wiring, so since i had an amplifier that was being used for my audio, I just ran the " 12 Volt/ Red Wire/+", to the remote terminal/wire(usually blue wire on amp.), and the "Ground Wire from Camera/black/-", to the Ground terminal of the amp. That worked out well and kept me from having to tap into vehicle wiring. If u do not have an amp like i do, then u may need extension wires for the power supply to the camera as well.

Mounting the Camera; instead of using the tag bolts, and mount the Camera to my Vehicle Tag, there is a nice little spot directly up under the lift gate where the camera fits like it was made to fit there when they made the vehicle. I used an all adehesive tape that had velcro on the other side, which allowed me to not drill holes. Also i noticed Fog setting in where the LED's were as i were mounting the camera. May need to seal Socal Waterproof Cam. (-1 star)

Installation; was simple. Make sure that you have a reciever that has RV(Rear View) input/video. If u do not have a Head Unit/Radio/ Reciever, then u will need to purchase one separately or just get a monitor for the rear view camera, that will sit up front with you somewhere. Overall, did not have to drill holes, ran video cable right out of the back liftgate, installation was very easy, took less than 20 mins to install.

Vehicle; if u have a vehicle shorter than a " 2002 Yukon XL", then the Video cable should be plenty long
Picture Quality is plenty good for a Reverse/Backup Camera. Wont see other Cars Tags unless they are up on u pretty good. Has green yellow and red lines to indicate distance of objects behind u. You must gage for yourself to know the exact distance each color represents, by trial.
I would highly recommend this product, for the price i paid ($9.00) I luv amazon.com and those who sell product through them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rearview Camera on my 2006 Car, February 9, 2012
Who says you cannot get the same gadgets new cars are offering now on your older model cars? I've purchase this product with my new DVD Radio for my 2006 Kia Sportage and it works great with my DVD radio. It has a very nice picture, and it activates even when the radio is off. Will definite recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great resolution., December 27, 2013
Only problem is that it covers the licence plate state name and registration tag info. Anticipate getting cited for this. So will have to find a way to mount under bumper.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far it works great., July 15, 2012
I purchased a new radio for my 2010 Camaro, which had the connection for a back-up camera. I purchased this back-up camera because it was inexpensive and with the ir lighting, it would help when backing-up at night. I had Best Buy install everything. The camera was installed on the top portion of license plate with the existing license plate screws. They did a great job. It works great! Its larger than a normal back-up camera because of the ir diode's. After I've had it for a while I'll add more to the review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great video, April 7, 2014
This camera produces a very good picture of whats behind you. For the price of this camera you can not go wrong. It will produce a picture at night also, not as good as it does in the day time but you can still see. I do recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars camera does not work after 2 days, September 16, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars great camera!!!!, October 14, 2014
You really can't beat the picture quality for the price. Easy to hook up. Love the parking gauge for backing up to my trailer

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as described., October 15, 2014
Works as described. Can't beat the quality for the price. Image quality is better than the camera in my 2007 Range Rover!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars camera worked great 2 times the 3rd time it decided it didnt ..., January 12, 2015
i am a 15 year veteran mechanic and disapointed! camera worked great 2 times the 3rd time it decided it didnt want to work traced it down to a extremely cheap av cable!!!!!! dont know if it was electrical interference or just a cheap cable! if i wiggled the cable in the cab of my truck picture would com and go. also noted the power and ground wire for the camera itself is extremely small just a few strands of wire which makes for a difficult install that will last! debating if i spend 20 dollars and another hour of my life on a better av cable! would have spent extra money to get better cables!!!!!!! gotta love made in china!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars good enough clarity, October 26, 2014
When I heard it was "too bright" and "washed out" at night, I thought they were referring to the LED's being TOO powerful, but this isn't the case.

The camera doesn't see squat at night, so it artificially bumps the brightness up until it sees solid pink.

Also, the field of view is actually quite shallow compared to what I was expecting.

Other than that, it's a fairly decent camera. Quick response, good enough clarity.

Also, all plants are pink. I have no idea why, probably infrared sensitivity. It's hilarious, but of no hinderance to its function.