Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: One Size|Color: Yellow|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on March 18, 2013
I am very happy with this housing. I have been using a different housing for the past five years, and my pictures this year are SO much better.

Pros -
1) small and lightweight - I recommend that you get the buoyant lanyard just in case
2) can switch easily from single shot to video and even playback while underwater to see if you got the shot
3) good price - you don't have to purchase a separate camera for those underwater shots
4) simple to use - the app that you download is easy - all your pictures download into a separate "watershot" album on your iphone
5) great pictures - the picture quality was excellent!
6) no need for dessicant - I didn't need it. I have no idea why my other housing always fogged up but this one never did.

Cons -
1) eats battery and when you get to 20% battery life left, the notification on your screen won't "go away" so you can't take any more pictures without opening the housing (not recommended while underwater!). I was able to do a full 60 minute dive (70 feet) and then half of another dive before the battery was at 20%. I'd suggest bringing one of those portable battery chargers if you have it so you can recharge while doing your surface interval. You are totally out of luck if you need your phone after using it underwater because your battery will be dead.
2) no zoom - odd thing to leave out. Needs to be added.
3) no flash - I didn't need it for any of my shots but I don't think the flash works - I could be wrong....
4) I don't think this will work with the 5

Recommendations if you purchase
1) Get the lanyard - you really don't want to lose your iphone...
2) Buy the RED filter. This was a cheap addition and significantly enhanced my pictures. It was really remarkable. This filter adds in the red colors that are missing once you go down about 30 feet in Caribbean water. It threads onto the outside of the housing and the picture quality really was much better with it than without it.
3) Get a portable battery charger so you can use this on more than one long dive.
4) Be sure to turn off notifications and your lock screen or else you will be underwater and then won't be able to use the camera!

Good luck! This is a great buy. Really happy with it.
on April 21, 2013
I brought the Watershot Housing with me to Cozumel as a backup to my $1,200.00 SeaLife underwater photo setup. I didn't expect much in terms of results from the Watershot in conjunction with my iPhone 4s, but on shallow dives, the combination came through with some really nice and clear pics. The housing is easy to pack, carry, and use while diving. The results are instantaneous and superb. The included desicant works wonderfully, and there was no indication of condensation inside the housing even when I opened it on a moving diveboat and in a lot of sea spray. The combination can't use the iPhone flash, but on shallow dives (to 50') this was no problem. I was able to get some relly nice pics of sea turtles, spiny lobsters, sea cucumbers, and reef fish. I'll definitely bring the Watershot with me on my next dive trip.
on July 9, 2013
I bought the Watershot Housing Unit for a trip involving swimming with whale sharks. I'm in no way a professional photographer, just a millennial who loves to Instagram- this product was very user friendly. I was so nervous at first to risk my iPhone under water, however all concerns were quickly dismissed. Absolutely wonderful product.
on May 12, 2013
Excellent! Dove in the Cayman Islands. Excellent video & pics. You might add a red filter or video lighting to improve colors
on May 30, 2015
I bought this specifically for my trip to Hawaii. Last time I used a disposable camera from Walmart (and got pretty decent pictures)... this time I wanted something a little easier to use underwater. I loved having the freedom to take as many pictures as I wanted and not being limited to the one disposable camera roll each swim (and the cost of having to buy more than one, etc). The case is solid... I used an old iPhone just in case, but I would trust my new iPhone in it at this point. I never experienced any leaks or sand or anything. It was sealed tight and maybe even a little too tight b/c it was always hard to get open, but I'd rather fight that than have my phone ruined. So those two things are wonderful. Not so wonderful was the fact that if ANY pop up message appears on your screen, you have no way of clearing it without taking the phone out of the case. I deleted every program possible and thought I turned off all pop up notifications, but I got one about wifi while I was underwater and my picture taking was over. Furthermore, I didn't even know I wasn't taking pictures until I got back to shore because you can't see your screen. I don't know if it's too much light or a glare or what, but I rarely saw what I was taking a photo of before I took the picture. I would do a test every now and then to make sure it was on by sticking my finger right in front of the camera to see if I could see the color change on the screen. Then I would just click away until I felt the need to do another "test." The picture quality was okay. If the fish were bright, the quality was amazing, but if they weren't, it wasn't great. I have read about some people using a red filter and maybe that would help a lot. I got some good shots, but was hugely disappointed with the limited access you have while underwater and limited visibility of your screen. This was still probably cheaper than buying enough underwater disposable cameras to take all the photos that I did, but it was very frustrating and disappointing at times.
on June 10, 2014
We used this on our trip to Hawaii and it performed flawlessly. By moving camera apps around on your home screen, you can bypass the problems a few reviewers have complained about regarding accidentally exiting the camera app.
on January 6, 2014
Once I downloaded the recommended app from the iTunes app-store and configured it, was very happy with it. Took great pictures and video while snorkeling. Also worked wonderfully outside of the water too when we were on a highspeed boat that sprayed lots of water. I also should note, this version (for the iPhone 4) also worked great for my old iPhone 3GS too, even though they don't list it as compatible. I do recommend getting yourself a floating (buoy) wrist strap as that was super helpful when I let go of it once in deep water and it floated to surface instead of making me dive for it.
on May 4, 2015
There are some major flaws with this design. First, you must have the app open at all times, and change your phone settings to never lock before using as you cannot access the app while in the case and this drains the battery rather quickly. You cannot use the time lapse or panoramic function either.

The app that you must use is pretty bad anyways. With the normal camera app it will focus on its own, with the watershot app it will not, and there is a slight delay, so unless you are on a tripod and perfectly still you get a bunch of blurry pictures. I bought this to have on my kayak, and I constantly have to open the case to unlock or change settings. For the price I was expecting a lot more, I have a $35 waterproof case that I can still have full access to everything on my phone, but doesn't have a tripod mount. The extra $50 for this case is not worth just the tripod mount.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2014
If you are around the water for any reason with your iPhone... GET ONE!!!
this is the best underwater case for using your phone camera (stills and videos)!
Some friends of mine took my case on their trip to NZ and Fiji... they loved it and the Dive Staff they were with were very impressed.
on March 30, 2014
I have taken the watershot out two times so far in the Atlantic with no leaks of fogging issues. I prefer this case over the go pro just for the reason you can see on your screen what you are recording. I look forward to taking it on a vacation to the Dominican Republic for some snorkeling next week.