Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Watershot Underwater Housing for iPhone 5/5S
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on September 29, 2014
I bought this from Sport Chalet along with the red filter for a trip to Maui and was very satisfied.

The options I had for underwater photography were: underwater camera: digital or disposable, underwater housing for regular camera, or housing for your smartphone. I went with a phone housing because of the convenience. Underwater cameras seem to be very blurry and disposable cameras sometimes don't develop at all. I have a digital camera but did not want to risk damaging it and it would be inconvenient to swim with. Although the go pro takes great photos, I like to be able to view my photos directly and see that my images are coming out. After searching and reading about other underwater housings for iPhone I decided to go with the Watershot. I tested it 3 times by placing tissue paper inside the case and placing it in my bathtub for about an hour each time. (I also placed something heavy on top so that the camera is submerged at the bottom) I had no leaks and no issues and used it everyday for my trip to Maui. Many people have issues with the Watershot app but if you play with it , you'll get the hang of it.

Tips :
- Make sure your phone setting for Auto Lock is set to NEVER.
- Put it in Airplane mode so that you don't get texts and calls.
-Open the App before closing it the case because if you access the app from home screen after closing it, you may get a pop up about bluetooth and access etc.
- Use burst mode and hold the phone as steady as possible to get clear shots.
- If you have trouble seeing your phone screen because of glare/it's too bright outside while trying to take photos, hold your hand slightly over it to block the sun
- Pool photos turned out fine without the filter, but I saw a big difference when I went snorkeling in Maui. The red filter really brings the colors out of the fish, coral, people etc. I will try to post before and after photos of red filter use.
- Buy a portable phone charger (no need to plug into an outlet) so that you can charge your phone between snorkel/dive spots, or on the beach when you're resting. I bought one for $20 and it came in very handy. The app does eat your battery, and its good to have some backup.

This is a great product and I found it very easy to switch from photo to video and viewing the photos underwater was also easy.
on December 19, 2013
I purchased this for one of my trips to Kauai and wanted underwater pictures from snorkeling and diving trips. There was not one of these for an IPhone 5 on the Island. It came overnight and I have captured some awesome shots of sea turtles, tropical fish and coral. It has worked as well as expected and people can't believe that my photos were taken with an I Phone.
on December 1, 2014
Bought this before we went for a scuba diving trip. Was unsure of risking my iphone5s in this so took the empty case with me on the first 2 dives. Not even the slightest amount of water leaked in.
Took it on a total of 12 dives and Max depth of 30 meters in the ocean. Got some beautiful pictures and videos.
Would highly recommend the red filter accessory for this case to improve the quality of pictures taken.
Update after 2 years, takenthe case on over 30 dives, some great photographs and videos. after the dives it was super easy to share online as compared to friends who had go pros or other higheld equipment.
review image review image review image
on November 11, 2014
Bought this while on vacation so more expensive than on Amazon but it worked awesome and was worth it. I used it diving to 75 ft, no problems. iPhone camera and video worked great with it, put the silica packet in and no problems with fogging. Used it 3 times over 3 days and worked amazing, I was really impressed, would recommend this to anyone with an i-phone who is considering an underwater camera.
review image
on August 16, 2015
The thought of trusting a case to protect your iPhone at 100ft is a little unnerving. I probably wouldn't have done so if I didn't have an old iPhone 5 laying around, but I gave this case a try. The phone did not get a hint of water on it. Much to my surprise, with the red filter on, my pictures turned out better than the other divers in my group. Platform is easy to use with the app installed. Now that this company has earned my trust, when will a case for the iPhone 6+ come out?
review image
on December 17, 2014
I didn't have any problems with water getting in, but there were a few other problems:
- Not being able to access my phone for anything else
- Can't turn phone on or off without opening the case
- Hard to see the screen to know what you're taking a picture of
- Overheated my phone after 1-2 hours and forced it to shut off

Everyone around me had a gopro instead, which has the nice expandable handle and doesn't have the risk of ruining a $600 phone.
on April 17, 2015
ehhh.. mediocre at best. The first day we were using it, we lost a rubber "pad" for one of the buttons, and so now we can not use it to its fullest capacity. App has difficulties all the time and force closes or freezes constantly, and can not be restarted unless you remove the phone completely from the case (get out of the water, dry the case, open to get the phone out, reopen app, close and lock the case, return to water.... snap 4 photos, app freezes, repeat).

When the app is working, and the buttons are present, the housing works well. The pictures are clear and the housing is very water-tight. I feel confident that my phone would not get wet, but with all of the small issues, I would not recommend this product.
on January 21, 2015
Excellent product. We used it for a snorkeling trip and the photos were as clear as any iphone photo taken on land. Even our dive masters were impressed by the product. The ability to have the pictures instantly available on the phone for uploading was particularly helpful, and it is rare to be able to video underwater. Can't recommend it enough.
We definitely recommend, however, that you do some practice runs at home in your kitchen. It takes some getting used to operating the device and you don't want to be learning how to do it while you are in the water wishing you were taking pictures.
on October 11, 2015
I bought this to take awesome underwater pics on a family trip to Hawaii and it did not disappoint! I just wish it didn't cost as much, because there are plastic bags out there that you can buy for much cheaper where you don't even have to use an app along with it. But if you want a sturdy and reliable underwater case then this is it. Your phone does get kind of hot from the app running along with the camera being on, but I guess that's counteracted by the fact that it's used underwater.
on October 23, 2013
I love my watershot. I feel very safe when I take my phone into the water. The seal feels strong and the lens is good. The only problem I have is that sometimes it's hard to see my screen when I am in the bright sun and trying to take pictures. Many times I just snap and hope the picture comes out well. The app is also very easy to use.