4.0 out of 5 stars Great product.
Published 12 months ago by Chris

1.0 out of 5 stars Fairly unusable - major design issues
I was looking to use this as a waterproof phone case and the camera.
I've been scuba diving for years, and owned underwater housings, and now that the iPhone cameras are really good quality, I thought this was perfect.

The main problem is that the LCD facing part of this case makes no contact with most of the capacitive (touch sensitive) screen.
Only...
Published 5 months ago by Roy Lovejoy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product., August 19, 2013
This review is from: Watershot PRO Underwater Housing for iPhone 5/5S, Grey/Yellow (Electronics)
I used this housing on a recent dive trip. Photo and video quality are very good. I was pleased with all aspects but there was definatly a learning curve. One, I should have (and will) invested in a tray with a light arm, especially for night dives. Camera in one hand and light in the other was awkward but I did manage to capture some good video that way. Two, make sure to follow the instructions about putting the camera in the housing in the same air temperature it will be used in. Once, I placed the phone in the housing in AC and during the dive the program flipped out. When I took the phone out it was very hot. Three, once you reach 20% battery life, you're done. This is because there is no way disable the 20% notification and once it comes on you can not do anything else without acknowledging it, which you can not do without taking the phone out. I wrote to Watershot about this and they quickly replyed that at the time there is no way around this but they are working on it. I was impressed wih their reponce time. Make sure to charge phone after each dive. Knowing all this now, I would still purchase this. It really worked well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase of the year., October 4, 2013
I used it while snorkleing in Maui. Got some great pictures and a couple of amazing videos! I showed my video of a sea turtle to some locals. One person commented it looks like it's from National Geographic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it (almost 5 stars), September 20, 2013
I bought this since I thought it would be a gr8 idea. I scuba dive and like taking pictures/videos but not to the level of buying an underwater camera and case.. I thought I would give it a try and I ended up loving it! I spending like 220 since I bought the red filter and the "buoyant Landyard". I did 4 dives and also some cenotes (snorkel) in Mexico. I like the wide angle lenses but I wish the red filter would fit (only fits the regular lens) because when you are at 60 feet or more the red filter is pretty much a must (at least with the iphone).

Just to be clear the only reason why I don't give it full 5 starts is because of the App. Sometimes when switching from video to photo it freezes... like if it was recording but it is not... you can still take pictures but no videos and you need to reset the app which means opening the case.

However, the case is rock solid and it does not leak! I am really glad I bought it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and Easy, July 18, 2013
This is the first housing I bought for my phone and it's great. Button use is limited and it's sort of bulky, but in my opinion, worth it. Easier than having to connect my GoPro and good quality. I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing photos and video, April 29, 2014
I would highly recommend this to anyone. Pretty easy to use and amazing quality. Took it to 50 feet with no problems.
Check out these pics:
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra money to keep your phone safe and to get quality stills and video., November 6, 2013
Best iPhone drive case I have used. Felt safe and comfortable with it at depth. You need to download a free app form Apples app store to control the phone underwater. Easy to use and work perfectly for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great underwater camera, June 5, 2014
The case works well after you down load the app so that the buttons work properly. The down side is that the phone gets hot in a fairly short time period. The pictures look crystal clear and so do the videos. It is a lot of fun shooting underwater.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing product, great design, super functional, March 31, 2014
All the way around, superb product. Construction and utility off the charts.
The manipulation of the buttons can be tricky and takes practice to be sure you get your shots. That's it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as promised, October 28, 2013
Love this case, I take my phone offshore fishing and scuba diving with me now. The dual lens are excellent and the phone is always kept dry and safe. I have recommended this to many local shop owners as well to carry, and now they do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, August 3, 2014
Ralston W. Barnard "RB42" (Bernalillo, NM United States) - See all my reviews
If you want a "bulletproof" (or maybe just waterproof) iphone camera case, this is it. To be really useful, you need to add the one-year license for additional features like zooming, etc.
The buttons sometimes are hard to get to respond, but overall it works exceptionally well for its purpose.

Watershot PRO Underwater Housing for iPhone 5/5S, Grey/Yellow