Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Color: Black/Grey|Size: Large|Change
Price:$62.53 - $64.99

on February 13, 2013
I received this item just two days after placing my order-a very fast delivery! The helmet exceeded my expectations in every way. It looks great, is lightweight, fits like a glove and is very affordable! I was a little leery of the size as I read bern helmets tend to fit a little snug and to get one size larger than you might normally buy. However I choose the small as I have a 6 7/8 head size and this helmet fits perfectly. I have always felt conspicuous and a little self conscious when checking out bike helmets because, having a small size head, they all looked so huge! With the bern watt, that isn't at all the case because it is thin, light and conforms to one's head shape very well. The inside is soft and very well designed in terms of fit and comfort. I hardly am aware I am wearing it! Up to now I hated going bike riding with the helmets most have to settle for. You know, those things that look like a football wrapped around the top of your head! For the first time I can ride my bike fully protected with a good looking helmet that fits as it should and protects in a way that gives you confidence and peace of mind. I would highly recommend the bern watts summer bike helmet with the EPS lining over any other make out there hands down!
on February 22, 2013
I sent this item as a wish list gift to my sister (she has prime and gets free shipping)
Shipping was fast less than 2 days :)
I wanted a bike helmet that had a visor and wasn't garish looking. Searching through all the skate/bike helmets, I thought this one looked decent.

Helmet arrived in sealed original packaging and out of the box, fit perfectly (Medium). I was worried because others have noted that Bern Watts helmets can run small. I wear 7, 7 1/8th hats and it fit right on the dot. There is a Velcro strap on the back that allows you to further tighten and loosen if necessary.

The helmet was bigger than I imagined (think motorcycle cops/ cops on horseback and how they're helmet sits on top of their head) I also have a slim face which exaggerates the size difference.

As far as construction, it feels very solid and well made. All the materials seem top of the line, nothing that struck me as flimsy.

There's also adjustment snaps on each side. There are two straps that come down from each ear and meet at the chin. After some adjusting, I was able to set the strap right under my chin (instead of my adam's apple when set by factory settings) this made a huge difference in comfortability and made the helmet look way more sleeker.

After the adjustments, the helmet looks really cool on my dome

I like the visor, I used to wear caps before I got a helmet and it is the perfect amount of visor, keeping out the sun and definitely adds to the aesthetics. There is an extra gap where the visor meets the rest of the helmet so it doesn't affect peripheral vision.

It's been pretty cool here in the SF Bay Area, so I cannot comment on its performance in hot weather but it keep my head warm and not stuffy in 50-60 degree temps.

I'll update if necessary but I very pleased on how this purchase turned out

Now all it needs is an SF Giants sticker and I'm set!
on May 10, 2013
I love being the only rider with a little lip on her bike helmet. It gives the whole safety thing a bit more flair. In my city, everyone bikes without helmets, which I think is just stupid. Safety first guys!
on April 21, 2014
A few say I look like a horse jockey....thats fine with me. This helmet is comfortable and breathes nicely. It also looks way better than the standard bike helmet in my opinion. It is also comaptible for snowboarding or skating. A win win in my book. I recommend it. Measure your head and follow the guidleines on buying a bike helmet.
on February 6, 2013
This Bern Watts helmet is a better fit for a mans head. The two-tone colors are nice, but its a little large for a women's head. Better off buying a Bern Lenox or Berkeley if you're a woman. Nice quality, though.
on January 6, 2014
Bern produces Euro styled multi-sport, snow and bicycle touring profile helmets in two basic types of construction. This hard shell two piece series with riveted strap attachments and lining that is fitted into place ("Watts, Macon, Lenox models . .etc.). The other being a thin shell, no rivet, lighter weight type that have the liners molded directly in during "unit" (one piece) construction. If you ride frequently in cooler, wetter conditions or high traffic areas, I would have to recommend the more rugged versions such as the "Watts". If however your riding is limited mainly to recreational use on warm and dry days, then the lighter models (like "Brentwood, etc. .) should provide maximum comfort to those seeking more casual adventures. Once you have a good idea of which model is right for you, helpful fit information can be found at the Bern website. Lastly regarding visors, helmets shown with a bill have either a permanently molded in one on riveted shells, or an optional/replaceable semi rigid liner mounted visor for thin shell models. Safe travels, and feel free to reply or comment with any specific questions or observations.
on September 27, 2014
Good helmet to use, especially in colder weather. Very good head coverage. A little pricey, but affordable. It does fit like a glove if the head is right in between medium and large, and with this could be a tad tight using a winter liner. It's a good product over all.
on August 5, 2014
The helmet is great. It has inserts that can be removed and cleaned. It comes in many sizes, so no need for extra pads to make it fit your head, just buy the right size; the size table is on the web site.
I don't give it 5 stars because the strap tends to get loose very quickly (after only a few miles riding) and needs to be tightened regularly. This is a bit annoying and also a safety risk as a loose strap means the helmet may slip off in an accident rather than protecting the head. This helmet shares this disadvantage with every brand helmet I have ever owned, so you likely won't find one which keeps the straps constant once they are adjusted.
on June 14, 2015
A bit strange looking, and the strap is a bit further back under my jaw,closer to my upper neck than is entirely comfortable. Sturdy though, it can take a hit and the brim makes me a little less worried about my nose.
on May 9, 2013
It's been a month now and this helmet provides just the security I need.
The visor is a plus