4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product - Cheapie PET Plastic Bottle
Published on December 9, 2011 by It's A New World

Update:

I've been using Watts because of the low price but you get what you pay for. The quality is no longer good. They dropped the ball.

I also used another brand that I used to recommend in my previous review but that brand also dropped in quality (and expensive).

It seems like a lot of these companies are greedy and are not selling...
Published on April 7, 2012 by Tina

1.0 out of 5 stars Best bang for the buck! (Update: Quality dropped. Caused breakout), April 7, 2012
Update:

It seems like a lot of these companies are greedy and are not selling pure premium quality that is Certified Organic by Ecocert or USDA.

***Recently Watts gave me pimples and I broke out so bad, it looks like chicken pox***

I am now using this brand Certified Organic 100% Pure Argan Oil 2oz (60 mL)

It is certified and hasn't given me any problems yet. Also smells fresher and absorbs better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous review below:

In skincare industry, Watt's like the Toyota.

It's inexpensive and best bang for the bucks.
It may not be like a Lexus with premium packaging or premium quality but for 8 bucks, you really can't beat it.

I've been an Argan fanatic for over a year and have tried them all and Watts comes very close to the top brands such as Josie Maran or Pura d'or.

If you are new to argan oil, you wont be dissapointed with Watts brand. If you've been using argan oil for along time and are looking at a cheaper brand without sacrificing too much quality, I would recommend Watts.

Pros:
Great moisturizer
Makes hair feel soft and shiny
Pure and natural(Not chemical ingredients like Agadir or One 'n Only)

Cons:
Inconsistent quality (some bottles have quality control problems, Watts will happily replace)
Slightly strange odor (personal preference)
Cheap packaging (glass bottle with printed label and dropper)

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product - Cheapie PET Plastic Bottle, December 9, 2011
For my 3rd order of this excellent oil I decided upgrade from the 2 oz dropper and splurge on the 8 oz pump size. I am greatly disappointed that my oil arrived in a #1 PET PLASTIC BOTTLE. Some types of plastic are better than others but #1 PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) can leach antimony and phthalates. I avoid them and #7 PC (Polycarbonate) bottles, which can leach Bisphenol-A (BPA).

I'd think the cost and quality of their product would lead Watts Beauty to put ALL their oils in glass bottles. (Why advertise Organic, Raw and Cold Pressed only to let garbage seep in?) If you're listening Watts Beauty, #2 HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) and #5 PP (Polypropylene) are supposed to be safer, but really... why not just tack the $0.30 cost onto the product and give us GLASS. Please don't be CHEAP with your VALUED CUSTOMERS who are spending a great deal for a small amount of your oil! Please update your page when you've switched back to glass. Until then, I'll replace this product with a healthier one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as last time, November 16, 2011
I first ordered a large size of this product about a year ago, and it has lasted quite a while. I've been very happy with it, so the other day I ordered more. But it doesn't seem like quite the same product. It smells a bit different (a little chemical-ish, where before it had a natural, slightly "toasty" smell). It's thinner and lighter in color.
Also, the label claimed before that it was certified organic by Eco Cert, which I checked out and is a real organization. The new label just claims the product is "organic" but doesn't back it up with any certification.
I'm not sure whether I even want to use it. Am thinking about contacting the seller directly with my concerns.

2.0 out of 5 stars Smells like lube! [updated review], January 18, 2012
I've used lots of argan oils, I'm pretty open-minded about the cheaper ones because... they're cheaper. Those usually run a little thinner, maybe less nutrient dense. But I just got this bottle of Watts, and it's suspicious to me. Greasy, pale (almost clear), and it smells like lube!! It should smell nutty, and absorb much faster.

Is this a mixture?? Is it just this bottle?? I'll be emailing Watts, will update post if new info comes to light.

Just read some other reviews about similar experience. Sounds like this product was better in the past.

Update - I just did a test on my leg with 2 other argan oils. I put 1 drop of each on on my leg and rubbed into separate circles (with different fingers). The Watts DID NOT ABSORB. It was a greasy circle on my leg. The other two (Shea Terra Organics and Elma & Sanna) absorbed within 30 seconds. Ended up wiping off Watts with a tissue.

Real argan oil is supposed to absorb quickly, and the whole point is that it's not greasy. Red flag.

Update #2

The seller sent me a replacement bottle this week. The new bottle is BETTER than what I got the first time, so everyone keep a pulse on what you get! This one has less smell, less greasy.

I changed my rating from 1 to 2 stars. It's still not that impressive to me... doesn't feel "arganny" and I can't put my finger on it. Maybe the lack of a nutty smell? Slower rate of absorption? Mostly, it seems par for the price. Not horrible, but no praises to sing compared to others.

Very responsive customer service. They refunded me and also sent a new bottle. There you have it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super-Everything!, February 13, 2012
Yes, folks. This is the "Moroccan oil" that is all over the market place in all kinds of products now. Don't fall for the mass-marketed nonsense. They put a miniscule amount in the product so they can claim it on the label. I did my research and found this pure, organic (the only way to go) resource. And best of all- you get to control where you use it and how much you use. I use it straight as a facial moisturizer at night and my skin ALWAYs looks better in the morning. Or if it's hot & humid already, I'll just add a drop or two to my regular face moisturizer day or night. I add 3-4 drops to my body moisturizer, or I put on a "coat" of it (mixed with a couple of drops of water) before I "seal" it in with my moisturizer. (I make the lotion last 2x as long this way!) I put a drop or two in my drying-out mascara and under-eye concealer so I don't throw away still viable product left on the sides of the container. I occasionally put some in my hair when it's super-dry. Or a tiny bit to smooth out frizzies. This is the greatest, lightest oil on the planet! Give it 5-10 minutes to absorb and you won't feel oily at all (unless you use too much). Less is more. I'm so glad I found Watts Beauty as a resource! Bless them for giving us the real deal.

1.0 out of 5 stars Something is off, May 25, 2012
I ordered this two days ago and it already arrived, so thumbs up there, but within 30 minutes of putting this on my cheeks I was breaking out. My skin is pretty sensitive to start with and especially so in recent years, since I use tretinoin. For a few months I've been using another brand of "pure" argan oil as my primary moisturizer in the morning and evening. I took this out of the package and could see, even through the dark brown bottle, how it looked thinner and more watery. I took off the pump and searched intently for the distinctive nutty smell that I was used to. This is really the most teling aspect: I couldn't smell anything at all. I tested it on my cheeks and within a few minutes they felt itchy. The next time I got to a mirror I could see 5 little bright red dots that had not been there before. I washed it off and put on some oil from my old bottle, no more itching.

I'm really disappointed because I made sure to get a product that was labeled as "100% pure." There are tons of argan oil "treatments" out there, but I didn't want something with argan oil in it, and then a bunch of silicones or preservatives, too, I wanted *only* argan oil.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! But Don't Order The One With the Dropper..., March 1, 2012
I love this stuff! It's like liquid gold! I've only been using this for a few days now, and my skin is so soft and hydrated. It's also great for the hair too as long as you don't use to much. My only advice is to not order the one that comes with a dropper. There's a pretty good chance that you will end up knocking this little bottle over and spilling your precious liquid gold like I did before writing this review ( Yes, four letter expletives were used). I will be ordering again though. Just this time, the pump version.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you want beautiful hair, look no further..., October 7, 2011
This a must buy! It works great and makes my hair so smooth and shiny. I just found out about argan oil recently. I started by trying One and Only argan oil blend, which was ok. Watts is 100% argan oil and works so much better. My hair looks so much better. I have been getting lots of compliments since using. My hair type is thick, fine and wavy. A little of this goes a long way. My hair is pretty long and I use only 2 pumps on damp hair. It was trial and error to see how much I needed, used 4 pumps for example and it looked greasy. This brand you can also use on your face because it is 100% pure. You can't beat Watt's argan oil, the price is great, and a reliable seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't Believe What this Oil Did!..., February 2, 2012
I've had some really bad scars on my face for over a year now from trying to get rid of milia bumps with a needle. And I used every oil and product you could think of... olive oil (organic and natural)... organic aloe vera... jojoba... grapeseed... sweet almond... avocado... wheat germ... A & E (even though both are in Argan also)... flax seed.. cocoa butter (raw and natural)... vaseline... collagen... spectragel (scar gel with dimethicone)... Palmer's scar cream... newskin scar gel... derma e scar gel... exfoliators with skin smoothers... NONE of those worked like this stuff.

Only 3 came close to kinda softening the scars (olive oil..vaseline and spectragel)... spectragel probably the best of the 3... but NONE of them made the scars actually disappear instantly right after massaging it in like this stuff did.

As soon as you rub it on a scar (real light I use a flat toothpick) it starts disappearing .. flattening out like normal healthy skin... and it stays like that... that's something I kept wishing would happen but never did with all the other stuff I tried. Argan is supposed to have 25 more times vitamin A and E... antibacterials (gets rid of pimples better)... antioxidents and cell renewing ... and it absorbs through the skin a lot deeper and faster than most oils.

It's hard as hell to get rid of knife/needle line scars... all products made for scars say they can only get rid of keloid scars (raised scars)... none of them can get rid of a tear in the skin with a knife or needle. This one did it and instantly. Couldn't believe it. Plus it leaves your skin smooth soft and healthy. Like kid's skin. I massage it in with a lil bit of vaseline and you can actually see the line soften.. spread.. then flatten completely out. I can't even find it after massaging for 10 15 secs. Feels really good going on too... can feel it sinking in. It got rid of a couple creases too PLUS new milia bumps that just popped up from trying out some new collagen cream that didn't work. Been trying everything for the last 2 weeks to get of the new bumps and this stuff took them out the day after I used it. Just wish I had this stuff a year ago before I used the needle.

Dark spots, dry skin, scars, creases (probably wrinkles too but I don't have any), blemishes, red spots, pimples and milia bumps this stuff gets rid of all of them. Only after the 2nd day of using it. They're either gone or disappearing. And I've been dealing with this stuff for months some of it for years. It's crazy how good it works. Especially after I got it and found out it had no smell and hardly any color... thought it probably wasn't organic or maybe mixed with something (used enough oils to know). But this oil is definitely what it says it is for it to work as good as it does. Used it on my hair too and it did come out shiney but a lil greasy.

Best Argan oil on here for the lowest price I've seen.

ADDED (1 Week later): I used this oil overnight with Spectragel 10 gram tube - silicone based scar gel for Hypertrophic, Keloid, and Surgical Scars 2 nights in a row. Plus I put it on during the day. And my scars are finally completely gone after over a year of dealing with them. I used the Spectragel on its own a bunch of times, and even though it was one of the best things out of everything, my skin never came out completely smooth with hardly no scars showing at all, like it did with this oil. Plus my skin is crazy soft, clear and smooth just like when I was a kid. I effing love this oil. Finally gave me my face back when nothing else could. Definitely ordering more. Leave it on overnight... makes it work even better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the same as previous purchase!!!, February 4, 2013
I should have listened to the other recent reviewers stating that the quality wasn't the same. But I decided to try it out again anyways. I have a little left from my original bottle, and once the new one arrived today I immediately did a comparison. The packaging is basically the same (glass amber bottle with dropper), the label is slightly different (no more claims of being EcoCert certified), but the oil??? It has NO SMELL. And it's definitely more watery. Highly suspicious in my opinion. Will not be buying again.