Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

on January 21, 2010
I purchased this filter kit for my Watts Premier WP5-50 RO unit. The package's shrink wrap was broken (I guess) in shipping, but each of the canister type filters had individual shrink wrap so I have no worry about dirt contamination. The final 'polishing' filter was not shrink wrapped, but it had end caps so I have no worry there.

Just so this is 'clear', a RO membrane is not included. This is a kit for sediment and carbon filter replacement only, NOT the RO membrane. Still a good price.

The final filter (indeed a 10 inch one) had a sticker on it, with some specs = (Watts Premier, Model RIL-10a, flow 0.5gpm, capacity 1000gal, NSF certified, pressure 25-100psi, temp 32-100f, and flow direction arrow) also the package had a 'Made in USA' flag logo on it.

Just for fun, I purchased a replacement polishing filter for my WP5-50 RO unit at the 'Watts Premier' web site. It had a sticker that read only 'Made in Taiwan' They look to be the same filter with different manufacturers. The Taiwan Watts filter did include the end 'screw in' fittings that may not be needed but are nice to have. Enjoy.

Ken
on December 13, 2010
I'm amazed at what you get in the package. Added up individually, these items would cost almost $60.00! I have had an RO system for over 7 years and this is the best deal for replacement filters that I have found anywhere. As another reviewer stated, not even the Watts website has prices this low for these items. That's the good part. The not so good is two things: One is that both of the sediment filters were slightly dented upon arrival. No big deal though, and that won't affect their functionality. Another slight problem is that the post carbon filter doesn't have the 1/4" quick connect fittings that my 4 stage RO system setup has. No big deal, as another reviewer suggested, I went to the hardware store and bought two adapters to add to the filter- don't forget to use teflon tape! These adapters convert threaded fittings to quick connect and cost six dollars for both and can be removed from the filter later to be reused again on the new post carbon filter.

After installing the new filters I tasted the water and I can't tell if it's different from the old filters I was using. It does taste good though, like before.

I'm rating this product 5 stars for the great deal. I would take away one star for the packing of the product prior to shipping, but this is too good of a deal and is worth the risk of some damage in shipping.

Update: Sept. 2011: The filters are still doing great and I'm still super happy with this purchase. I just hope this deal lasts...
on May 18, 2013
I ordered this precisely because it is represented as a Watts branded product with a Watts part number. It is not. I could have pieced together generic stuff myself. I buy (and usually pay more for) brand names for a reason and don't appreciate it when a business purposely deceives, which accomplishes only one thing for them - I will never buy from them again. Whether the product is of the same quality or not isn't the issue here. I don't like being lied to.
on May 19, 2013
DONT BUY. What's pictured is a watts brand filter system and so is the discription. What they send you is a different brand all together. I don't think that's cool at all.
on July 19, 2011
These filters were NOT Watts filters as stated. I have used Watts filters in the past and there IS a quality difference. If they were listed as generic filters I would have known what to expect. One of the (carbon)filters broke BEFORE installation and was unusable. But that does not mean that they are totally worthless, just not high quality.
on November 2, 2012
Received the filters in a timely manner. They were not as shown on line in a Watts box,they were lose in a brown box. No where was the Watts name on any of them. I assume they are but do not know for sure.
on March 29, 2010
We have a generic 5-Stage RO System and have been buying replacement filters from Lowe's. Then, I saw this Watts year replacement kit for the same price as a six month replacement at Lowe's -- VERY GLAD I DID.

However, the Finishing Polishing Filter (GAC) connections were female threads. Our set-up uses the standard compression fittings. We had to get 2 adapters w/ male thread on one end & compression fitting on the other end to install on our system - works great.

You will have to buy the RO Membrane to complete your 1-yr Filter Replacement.

This came very well wrapped w/ each individual filter sealed. This way the remaining filters will stay clean until we replace them in 6 months.

We will buy this 7-PK Watts Premier RO Filter Replacement Filter Kit every year.
on December 5, 2013
So far as I can tell, these fiters match those delivered with our Watts Premier WP5-50.

Since this would be our first filter replacement, I actually studied the instructions.
First, they do not begin to describe the proper equipment:
* Strap wrench
I pity the fool that tries loosening filter housings using only the supplied plastic wrench.
* complete set of hoses to extend disconnected lines to a drain
* mop, buckets, bathing suit

Second, description of carbon block and sediment filters is completely misleading.
* carbon block filters have black caps (not white) and have (to me)
more cloth-like appearance than do sediment filters, which have white ends
(albeit no caps).
on October 24, 2012
I bought these filters expecting that they were Watts filters. The filters arrived in a cardboard box that I knew wasn't standard Watts packaging. I complained and received a refund. There is no way to know if these filters are safe to use as there are no manufacturers labels on them. I compared them to some Watts filters that I had and they are definitely not the real deal.
on April 14, 2015
Mine were all name brand watts filters with the logo imbedded on the side and individually wrapped inside of an overall package. A couple people said they didnt get Watts filters. Just had some plumbers do some work in my house, they said they install a lot of RO systems for businesses and that Watts is a great brand. Replaced my filters for the first time with a set of these and it tastes the exact same as with the ones it came with. I have a second set, and will eventually buy this again.