5.0 out of 5 stars super sound
great radio radio, cd player with ipod station too. Super instructions, set up easy and super sound from such a small device. love it
Published 21 months ago by Evelyn Abrams-Evans

2.0 out of 5 stars Random Shutdown
Published 20 months ago by Happy Pappy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Random Shutdown, January 11, 2013
Happy Pappy "Happy Pappy" (Long Island, New York, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wave® Music System III Premium Bundle - Graphite Gray (Electronics)
Purchased two of these radio, one for self; another as a gift. Both units randomly shutdown. Had each unit replaced. Same thing occurs with replacements. Have now replaced both units multiple times with the same result. There appears to be a design flaw with these units. The problem is particularly acute when playing MP3 disks. Bose has no solution for this problem. I have to hope this is not an electrical hazard nor a threat to the longevity of the unit.

I also have a 321 system, the DVD player included in the unit has significant issues playing jukebox discs as well. p.s. the dvd in the unit appears to be an ordinary PC player and the bass unit is a big box with just a small (5 or 6 inch) speaker in it; not a big woofer the size of the case.

The controls for the Wave Radio unit are also poorly designed.

1) While the touch on/off sounds neat; it isn't particularly practical.
2) The physical unit has no eject button, so you will always use the remote to eject a disk.
3) The sleep function doesn't retain its last setting. Each time the sleep timer is set, it starts at 30 minutes and you must click, click, click to get to the time you want.
4) Still no bass or treble settings. If you have difficulty hearing in a particular range, you can't adjust the sound output.
5) When the unit is off, you can't adjust the volume below a particular level. When you do switch it on at that level the unit is quite loud; so if you're trying to be quiet... s.o.l !
6) No USB input.
7) In my opinion the unit should have a DVD not a CD player.
8) Bose should remember that not everyone in the universe owns an ipod, not do we want to.
9) Title information scrolls incompletely and is only visible for a short period. No option to keep title information on, display always switches back to track number display. I mean come on, a $59 car stereo can do this, why not this expensive Bose?

etc; etc; etc;

When these units die, I'll not be looking to Bose for a replacement. I am very disappointed to see the quality of these products declining. There is also an impractical arrogance to the design of these units.

While the sound quality of these units is quite rich, my opinion would be to avoid these units based on the random shutdown problem and the inability of Bose to admit to, or fix; the random shutdown issue. This clearly appears to be a flaw in the design.

5.0 out of 5 stars super sound, December 27, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound, March 31, 2013
To my knowledge, there's nothing out there that does the same thing as the Bose Wave System. So, despite audiophiles' criticism, unless you know how to build an audio system, this is the only game in town. Is it big? Yes, a little, but it puts out excellent sound and can take a CD, iPod. I like that it has two alarms and almost every aspect is customizable. Like another customer, I dislike that you can only control it with the remote (except for an on/off/snooze by tapping the top of the unit). The other dislike is that, at very high volumes, a buzz develops. Not sure what that's about, but it is when the system is maxed. I did not receive two remotes like someone else did, so I assume that was a fluke. I've not yet connected my iPod (so this is a premature review), but did not find that part straightforward (as in, I couldn't just plug it in and go). Will read the instructions and feed back on that later. Overall, it's just what I wanted and I'd buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what you expect from Bose equipment!, November 29, 2012
Excellent sound reproduction and very easy to set up. We received a second controller which was a nice surprise. The Ipod dock can be placed out of sight if it is important to keep a clean surface for the radio. However, be prepared for the Bose price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound in a small package, June 11, 2013
I like not having to hook up speakers with wire everywhere. Just plugged it in. I upgraded to the larger remote and am glad I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it., January 20, 2013
It works great, easy to set up, great sound, just what I needed. The best part is fewer wires. Not sure why it comes with a big remote, seams to have the same functions as the little one.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a BOSE...., May 14, 2014
This is a very well made product, as with most BOSE products......iPod/iTouch connects just fine and sounds good. Keep in mind, you can only connect older 30 pin connector iPods and iTouches......does not have the latest Apple connection. Also, you get an additional remote with this package deal, but it also comes with the standard credit card sized remote. I never use the bigger remote, it's just that, too big. Finally, the sound quality is great, but the bass is a bit much for me, it's not so balanced with some of my songs, which is primarily Classic Hard Rock.......All in All, a good product and you won't be disappointed......I've tried others, but BOSE is the product for me.....

4.0 out of 5 stars The Bose Wave radio is not compatible with the Iphone 5, 5C or 5S. Dont waste your money on the hookup for Iphone., January 7, 2014
I purchased the radio and it is great! Love the alarm etc.

The I-Phone Dock does not work with my Iphone 5C. It has the larger plug and is compatible with the Iphone 4 I think. If you have the new I phone don't waste the money.

Otherwise a great product!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a gift but didn't work, May 26, 2013
Love the product as I have one, but bought this for a gift and it didn't work - have returned it as faulty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Total satisfaction!, December 31, 2012
I would highly recommend this item. It has excellent sound quality. It is more compact than a stereo system and a good price for the bunde.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›