Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Way Out
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

95%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 14, 2004
My son, who is now almost 4, has been listening to Justin Roberts' music almost since he was born. He is a huge fan of Justin's lovely, funny lyrics and very danceable music -- and now his sister, 17 months, has joined Justin's fan club with this new CD; she starts laughing and dancing every time the first few bars of "Baby Brother" come on. While opinions in the family are divided over which of Justin's CDs is his finest effort (and, unlike "Yellow Bus," this latest effort actually takes a few listens to fully appreciate), he definitely has some in his camp for "Way Out." Best tunes: the title track; "Baby Brother"; "I Lost The Tooth I Lost"; and a really sweet song called "Roller in the Coaster." In our family, Justin Roberts and Dan Zanes reign supreme in children's music -- if you are determined to keep Raffi/The Wiggles/etc. out of your home, car, or wherever, you cannot do better than these guys, who make real music that adults can actually, genuinely enjoy, not least because of the enormous pleasure it gives the kids.
on March 16, 2006
We discovered Justin Roberts music on XM Kids radio one day, and my entire family was hooked. His lyrics are clever and surprising - and has brought my three kids (ages 5, 3, and 1) to both giggles and quiet thoughts while listening. We dance to "Airplane of Food" and "Daycamp" almost daily, and we LOVE the "Humpty Dumpty" song - it's inspired a game where the kids dream up crazy things that Humpty can see while up on the wall.

We're anxiously awaiting his new "Meltdown" CD release on March 21st, and are proud to own all of his albums. We each have our favorite songs - and the kids (and I) fight over which one to listen to next. We've graduated from the Wiggles, and are never EVER looking back!
on October 8, 2005
This CD is the most original and enjoyable kids' music we've had in this house! Justin Roberts and the Not Ready for Naptime Players really know how to rock out! Justin Roberts is a great songwriter with something for everyone -- rockin' music, clever lyrics and sensitivity to what is important to kids. I love the songs "Best Friend," "Roller in the Coaster" and "Humpty's at it Again" -- songs about life and philosophy, yet very accessible to children. Also, for really dancing around, there's "Doctor Doctor," "Daycamp" and the title track, "Way Out." Don't miss this rising star in children's music!
on October 12, 2004
Thank God for Justin Roberts! I was so sure I would never let my son Max listen to "kid's music" and I was raising him on a healthy diet of The Ramones, Modest Mouse & the Flaming Lips. But then a friend gave me Justin's "Great Big Sun" album and my little man went nuts! Best of all, it's music that me and my husband enjoy listening to with him. We recently took him to one of Justin's concerts and it was a blast. I actually think that the parents were enjoying it as much as the kids. Justin's new album, "Way Out' is so great, catchy, fun and SO NOT "annoying kid's music"!
on August 15, 2004
My two-year-old son is a big Justin Roberts fan. We don't get into a vehicle without one of his CD's! Way Out is great!!! So great in fact, I often find myself listening to it without my little one in the car. The tracks have an upbeat tune paired with incredibly funny lyrics, which makes it a joy to listen to. Way Out is a must have for parents!
on April 24, 2006
20 minutes after dropping my kids off at school, I'll realize that I'm still listening to Justin Roberts by myself. Truly great 'kids' music' that adults can enjoy, too.

The beat and brass on this one will get you moving.

Love it!!
on August 29, 2005
I love this CD! After listening to many, many others, Justin Roberts' music is the most enjoyable for both my toddler son and me. It's great for car rides. My son learned the catchy toons early on and it quiets him down whenever I put the CD on. I bought the other two (No Naptime and Yellow Bus) and like them just as much.

Roberts tackles just about every kid subject with wit and catchy toons - so much so that my husband and I sing these songs ourselves quite a bit. That's a big part of the joy. They are as much fun for adults as for kids!

I have also played the songs when my older nieces and nephews are riding along and they love them too (ages 3-8). I'm sure we'll be listening to these for several years to come.
on July 7, 2005
Justin Roberts has a gift for original music that is enjoyable for the entire family. His lyrics are both clever and accessible. His voice has a distinct relate-ability. You will sing right along with Airplane of Food, the first track that sets the tone for the rest of the album. Best Friend and Bigger are so sweet. Way Out, my favorite and title track rocks ("Remember there's a camal somewhere"). Doctor, Doctor and I Lost the Tooth I Lost add humor to experiences that are common to every child. If this is your first Justin Roberts album, I can almost guarantee it will not be your last - check out Great Big Sun.
on October 18, 2004
I can't believe he keeps writing amazingly different songs!! Justin's latest CD is a must have to any current or soon to be fan. This album is high energy , upbeat and orginal. He is a brillant songwriter and no listener will be disappointed!

Kid's Favorite Tracks: Way Out, Day Camp, and Dr. Dr.

This is a must buy for any adult with kids!
on January 15, 2006
This is an upbeat, comical CD with great music for kids and parents. Parents, you'll find yourself listening to this music even when the kids aren't around! This will become your favorite kid music to play, I promise!