Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Fall Denim Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums See All Deals Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all furious7 furious7 furious7  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage Assassin's Creed Syndicate Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 64 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2009 8:36:57 AM PST
H. Choi says:
I love the series but not enough to drop $75 for three movies that have been released on DVD and HDDVD before (both of which I bought). The most I would pay would be $45, but I guess that would be wishful thinking.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2009 8:48:42 AM PST
It works out to be about $25.67 per movie, which is cheap for a Bluray movie. Heck, that's cheap for a new DVD release.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2009 9:22:00 AM PST
H. Choi says:
How is that cheap for a blu ray movie? A vast majority of BRAND NEW releases rarely exceeds $25, at least on Amazon. I would consider $20 cheap for a new release. I think $60 is a reasonable price for this set even though I wouldn't buy it at that price point. Imagine how expensive this set would be if you went to a retailer like Best Buy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2009 11:40:06 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 15, 2009 11:44:54 AM PST
I agree that this set is overpriced. The Spiderman Trilogy on blu-ray was around $60-65 at release (currently 57.99) and the Godfather Trilogy on blu-ray is 61.99. He11, I even got the Ultimate Matrix Trilogy on blu-ray (which includes more extras and The Animatrix in HD) from warnerbrothers.com for about $60 using a coupon code they were giving away and allowing anyone to use. I've never, ever spent $76+ on a friggin' trilogy. I even saw the Bourne trilogy set on DVD for about $30 IN STORE, currently sells for 23.99 on amazon... so the blu-ray set costs THREE TIMES as much?! No thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2009 5:10:55 PM PST
SS says:
I still have my HD DVD versions so I'll pass on these. $77.00 does seem a little steep. And this is from someone who buys alot of Blu-rays.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2009 12:25:08 AM PST
C. Herron says:
I didn't know how to post my own so im just replying, but as for price i do't mind i mean the cheaper the better but when it comes to buying a good set of movies i don't mind paying even 76.99$ this coming from a frequent blue ray buyer. i mean a good set deserves some money!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2009 11:22:46 AM PST
J. Taylor says:
I've been expecting this price to drop a little bit before the release, but, to my dismay, this hasnt happened yet. Does anyone think it will go down any before the 27th? I am with a bunch of people on here that think that $76 for this set is way too much. $60 would be the most that I would spend on any trilogy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2009 11:52:40 AM PST
I think this will be the final price for the release. Maybe if it sells badly, Universal will get the message and drop the price. If this set was around $60, I bet you'd see it in the blu-ray top 10 selling titles on amazon. $76 is robbery. I have these on DVD's so I'm willing to wait for it to come down in price.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2009 3:34:38 PM PST
M. SANCHEZ says:
i have them on dvd also so ill hold on buying them for now.it is a bit disappointing to see a title that everybody wants but waaay to overpriced.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2009 8:35:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2009 8:35:51 AM PST
Ben Kelley says:
If you think the price is too much, pay close attention in the next couple months, which is what I'm going to do. Almost always, there is a sale on a new release about a month afterwards. Most likely, the trilogy will go down to about $59.99.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2009 8:54:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 19, 2009 8:57:19 AM PST
I think the price is a little much, but hell, it is going to look amazing on my HDTV and I have had this pre-ordered since the beggining of December. I myself who buys allot of blu ray movies and gets them for under $20 unless it is a new release and they run about $22 or more - I'm not going to fuss too much paying about $25 for each movie in the trilogy set. Any retailer would be charging the same or more when it is released. I can't wait until next week to watch this set. If you dont like the price, dont buy it, but think how amazing it is going to look on your HDTV. UPDATE: I did find someone at my office to pay me $15 for my dvd trilogy of this set, so I'm getting my price down to low $60 now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2009 3:01:01 PM PST
Way too expensive. The Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy is $53.99 and you buy the individual DVDs. I love the Bourne movies, easily the best overall trilogy in my opinion. All 3 movies were very good, no clunkers or "lets make a sequel to make money" movie. Usually amazon puts pre-orders fairly low. Just a week or so ago they had the 2 Narnia movies on blu-ray for $31.99, $16 a movie. Thats probably what the Bourne trilogy should have done. Start pre-order at $49.99 and 2 weeks after release then raise the price, like everywhere else does. I believe when the Matrix Trilogy on blu-ray was first available for pre-order it was like $90+. Anything over $50 for a trilogy already available on DVD, which can be upscaled, is too much.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2009 3:08:37 PM PST
$25.00 is too much for a movie, even a blu-ray. I've got a dozen or so blu-rays and the most I've spent on one was $21.99 for The Dark Knight a couple weeks ago. Iron Man just just dropped to $16.99, so I'll be getting that. The MSRP may be listed around $40.00 for blu-rays, but very few places that list them at that price actually sell any. Atleast that I've seen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2009 11:41:12 PM PST
l2 says:
If you think it is too expensive, then don't buy it. If enough people don't buy it, then the price will come down quickly.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2009 8:47:25 AM PST
J. Taylor says:
sweet... came down $2.... keep it going...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2009 12:29:20 PM PST
J. Taylor says:
down to $64.99 people... no they got me!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2009 12:21:04 PM PST
Drop the price to 35 dollars as with Band of Brothers box ! ! ! 65 dollars are too much Amazon even its 3 movies.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2009 2:35:18 PM PST
Iowahawkeye says:
there is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more mass appeal for this set than there is for Band of Brothers, sorry to say. But i don't totally disagree with you!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2009 11:55:52 AM PST
M. SANCHEZ says:
mine went down to $39.99,thank god for reward points!! :D

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2009 12:31:32 PM PST
Iowahawkeye says:
how do you get reward points? is there a membership fee to enroll?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2009 12:38:05 PM PST
M. SANCHEZ says:
amazon CC,i only use them on amazon purchases.so its easier to pay the bill :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2009 1:03:40 PM PST
Iowahawkeye says:
mmmm. very interesting! i only bought the Bourne set once before, and then sold it and got my money back 100%. i guess i don't mind paying $60-70 for this set!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2009 1:24:15 PM PST
H. Choi says:
After all the hardcore fans buy this, I think the price will go down to $50. Not to mention Amazon could possibly do a Deal of the day for this since alot of DOTD tend to be box sets.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2009 8:39:09 AM PST
CLW says:
Hell, 59.99 is still too much. I'm with the person who suggested $45. I already have the HD-DVD versions, so I'm willing to wait for $45.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2009 10:39:24 AM PST
Iowahawkeye says:
Do you think this set is going to go over 50% off? i think it depends on the studio, and i wouldn't get your hopes up with Universal, they're not the same as WB or some of the others! But i understand ones who already having an HD set not wanting to invest!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  31
Total posts:  64
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2009
Latest post:  Jun 14, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions