5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, so long as you observe its requirements.
These drill pumps often get poor reviews, but when I used this I think I learned some of the reasons why that happens.

Published 11 months ago by BuckeyeShopper

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Pump
This pump did not work. I tried it the day I received it and sent it back the next day for a full refund. Amazon was easy to deal with but the pump was not worth the money. I was very disapointed with this item as all I wanted it for was for standing clean water transfer.
Published on August 20, 2011 by Joseph A. Caruso

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, so long as you observe its requirements., February 7, 2014
This review is from: Wayne 62027-WYN1 Drill-Mounted Water Transfer Pump (Tools & Home Improvement)

The first thing I noticed is that the directional arrow indicating which way to run the drill seemed to be the opposite of what I would expect, looking at the pump. But it worked just fine for pumping winter washer fluid into my lawn tractor tires for ballast while using a snow blower.

One thing I read frequently in the reviews is that their pump "suddenly stopped working". I found that to prime the pump it is best to be pumping from a source higher in elevation than the pump is sitting. Once primed, it will them pump from a source below it. BUT...........it is extremely important to NOT EVER let the inlet hose suck air!! If you do, you must re-prime the pump with the higher elevation liquid again, or it will seem to "not work" anymore pumping up from a lower level.

I learned this pumping from 12 one gallon jugs. If I let the fluid pump down below the height of the end of the hose, and air got in, it stopped pumping until I re-primed it. So once I got it going again I made sure to not let the fluid down to the expose the end of the inlet hose, and I was able to pump several gallon jugs sitting on the floor up to my work bench where I had the tractor tire sitting. Actually I was pleasantly surprised at how fast this pump can empty a gallon jug. I did both drive tires on the tractor, and even with removing and remounting the wheels and all the setup for pumping the fluid I was done in about 90 minutes using one of the tire stem valves made specifically for this purpose.

Rubber impeller pumps need to never be run dry. They can instantly be damaged in just a couple seconds. I learned that dealing with them in the cooling system of boats with inboard/outboard motors. So as long as this pump is properly primed, I expect to see many years of use from it. I also recommend sealing it in a zip lock bag for long term storage, to help keep the impeller from drying out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Pump, August 20, 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Drill Powered Pump, July 5, 2010
I purchsed this pump to transfer used oil from the pan I collect the oil under my car to a 5 gallon jug to bring to the recycle center. I used a 3/4" clear tube on the inlet about 18" long instead of the small inlet tube supplied. I used the black tube from the kit for the outlet. I placed the inlet tube into the pan and the outlet tube into my jug. I pulled the trigger on my cordless drill and watched the oil slowly come up the clear tube until it reached the impeller, then the oil pumped quickly. I pumped 5 quarts in about 1-1/2 to 2 minutes. All the oil came out the tubes except what stuck to the sides. This pump did what I bought it for and I am pleased with the results. I would recommend this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste The Money, March 17, 2012
I have bought alot of items from Amazon over the years but this time am disappointed they would even offer such an item. I tried it and it simply didn't pump. So changed the cheap hoses supplied with better ones and still nothing. It does however make a really good paper weight but as for a pump well can't say because mine doesn't work outa the box. All I can say is buyer beware and good luck if you order one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor outfeed design, June 28, 2010
The first pump would not pump so I was sent a new pump. I noticed that the second pump would pump thru the pump but not out the outfeed tube. The outfeed tube is so flimsy that it kinks at 3-4 places where the factory folded it to fit in the box. This is a permanent kink and doesn't allow fluids to flow out of the pump. I had to insert a more rigid tube inside the outfeed tube to eliminate the kinks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked just fine, December 7, 2012
Im not sure what all the negative reviews were for... this thing worked just fine for me pumping water from one sink to the other and it will self prime through six feet of 1/4 tubing (the kind you use to connect an icemaker) defiantly not to be used with gasoline, it says so right on the front but i tried it to drain the fuel from my car so i could change a fuel pump... bad idea that nice white fog you get when you heat up gasoline right before it explodes started coming out of the discharge hose so i stopped that.
Not a fault of the product however, it says not to do that on the package, it still works just fine with a cordless drill despite the gasoline having melted two of the impeller blades off of it. should be fine for lawnmower oil changes and other small volume pumping applications.
I used it with a cordless Makita 18v drill and it had a pretty good flow to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It pumped just fine once we got all the bits of the equation ..., January 3, 2015
As with a number of other reviewers, we had a little trouble at first. However, we were trying to pump out hydraulic fluid (much thicker than water) and it wasn't working at all. I told my husband that the provided little white hose was probably too small to use on such a thick fluid. We found a larger hose, primed the pump, hooked it up and off it went. It pumped just fine once we got all the bits of the equation lined up. The key is getting the pump primed and using the proper sized suction hose for the fluid. If those two items aren't done, you won't get anywhere. I'm assuming the supplied white hose would work fine with water or a similar fluid.

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy this, October 12, 2012
this thing worked for about two minutes and stopped. lowes sells this for less than 5 dollars if you have to try one buy it there. this thing is junk

4.0 out of 5 stars GReat item, May 20, 2014
This will save money vs getting the oil changed at the dealership. Easy to use and a must have to do the maintenance yourself.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of crap, April 10, 2014
Terrible product. I couldn't get it to work on any type of liquid really. This shouldn't even b available to buy. Some white smoke came out of the end after a minute or so of use so I'm sure it about had it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›