5.0 out of 5 stars I chose based on clearance for car lift.
Published 6 months ago by Bradley Brown

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT
Published on April 5, 2010 by Todd Burt

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT, April 5, 2010
This review is from: Wayne Dalton "Idrive for Torquemaster" Garage Door Opener (Misc.)
We purchaed this opener with our new garage door in 2006. Eighteen months later the motor burnt out and the entire unit was replaced. Twenty four months or so later the motor has burnt out again. The local Wayne Dalton garage door rep has been great to deal with but you should note the warranty only covers materials and DOES NOT cover labor. I am not sure why we had problems with this product. We have a two car garage door (16' x 7') and this openener does not seem capable of handling this operation. We also had problems with the remote and keypads becoming "un-synced" and had to constantly reprogram them. We are replacing this unit with a belt drive opener as it is not worth dealing with

5.0 out of 5 stars I chose based on clearance for car lift., April 22, 2014
I installed 2 of them 11 years ago. Both doors are the oversized single doors. I picked these because I have a car lift in the garage and needed a clear area for cars to raise and not have the door operating system in the way. Not a single problem ever. If one broke, I would buy another. My in law bought one for his door after he saw mine. He had a double door and he never had a problem. My only regret is that I wished it could be programmed with more remotes. Mine have a limit that I must balance between house, keypad, cars and motorcycles but once done, no problems.

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't handle cold weather, February 18, 2009
I first have to say that I loved this opener. It's small, quiet and fast. It just couldn't handle the cold Minnesota winters.

I had this opener installed several years ago when Wayne Dalton was just getting established in Minnesota. The drive worked well and personally I see it as a superior design. However, when the weather started getting very cold the drive would slow down and make significant more noise, almost like a grinding.

On the second winter the drive failed. Apparently the current required when it got colder was more than some resister could handle and it burned. Wayne Dalton was kind enough to give me a newer design but I still needed to pay for installation, which wasn't cheap.

The new drive was slower. I think they simply changed some of the gear ratios. This drive lasted 3 more winters and failed again. At that point it was cheaper to get a new Liftmaster installed than to even buy this drive.

Bottom line: This may work well in warm climates but not in Minnesota so unless you have to do something like this for clearance sake I wouldn't recommend this drive.

Note: Some cool features of this opener is that it doesn't have the photo eyes at the bottom of the door and it has a 10 second delayed close so you can press that button and then walk out the garage. But the Liftmaster has a motion sensor to automatically turn on the light when you open the door from the house.

Also note: The Wayne Dalton door is a pinch free door and it is very nice and works well. This door still exists with the new opener.

1.0 out of 5 stars Three motors later we are buying another brand....., May 14, 2010
We have had the I-drive for a few years and almost every 18 month we end up having a new motor shipped and have to replace it (which in itself is a task). It will misfunction from time to time and stop midway or stop every foot, so I would constantly have to push the button over to move another foot until it is completly open. It let us 'hang' so many times, in the true meaning of the word HANG. Today, after not wanting to open all the way, I went inside and tried to open it with the wall mounted opener and had no success. It would just constantly open back up after I would try to close it (after initially not wanting to open at all). I am tired of having to call the company every year and a half and so we decided to get a Liftmaster instead. So long I-drive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Door won't open ---, December 10, 2013
I recently bought 9-year old house with an i-drive garage door opener in Prescott, AZ. Unit worked until December then would stop when we tried to get the door to lift. It sometimes took 6 or more tries to get the door to open. I've released the drive and operated door manually -- it is reasonably smooth & balances at 4' off the ground.

Today I tried the "Profile button" for the "Install Routine" to set the limits. Door lifted about 6" and will not move from there. I disconnected the drive and now I have a manually-operated door.

I called a couple local service companies -- they cannot get repair parts. This plus the other reviews have convinced me to replace the opener.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst opener and company on the market !!, November 27, 2013
Worst opener ever designed... Three times repaired or replaced!!! Wayne Dalton should be strung by his toes for not standing behind this product or redesigning so it can handle a two car garage door to open. If we could get a class action suit going for any and all owners of this idrive opener I would forgo and monetary damage award and plaster on billboards how horrible this product is for unsuspecting buyers whether they be lousy contractors that put them into new homes or big stores like Home Depot or Lowes purposefully not to carry them because of such horrible reviews. Can we all be wrong!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars dissatisfied, October 27, 2010
I purchased this product(Torquemaster garage door opener)in good faith the supplier who indicated they had the product and they were unable to fill my order. This occured 30 days ago and they have not refunded my visa card as they indicated the company would.
The truth of the matter i do not believe they manufactor this product any more so i used a tried and true product from Sears to correct my problem.
If anyone wants to know who the supplier was i will provide!

1.0 out of 5 stars cool.... but, August 31, 2010
Bought this in 2003, broke in 2004 company replaced it, broke in 2006. company replaced it with different gear ratio unit. broke in 2010 company sending me another with a larger motor. Door is balanced. All I can say is when it works , it works great and the company has a great warranty. If they hadn't replaced it I would be the owner of a chamberlain belt drive by now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never do business with Wayne Dalton - sold through Lowes, May 1, 2014
I purchased the best door and had the best opener the I-drive installed - so the store associate stated. It worked great for a few months. But I have replace 2x control boards a few gears and now the motor gave out and the spring broke. Lowes will not stand behind the product and Wayne Dalton has stopped building the unit and merged with another company. The worst part is that the I-drive replaces the old spring so now I have to purchase a spring above the door (can only be purchased by a contractor (250.00) plus then a new opener 235.00 and installation and parts that were removed for the I-drive install 200.00 plus. Feels good to be taken for 685.00 plus. Thank you Lowes and Wayne Dalton

1.0 out of 5 stars Tired of repairing them, December 30, 2012
After 7 years of re-adjusting, 2 burned out motors, one control board, trying to deal with another company that the W-D opener division was sold to, I finally decided to scrap them. Would definitely not recommend. The idea was great but in practicality they are totally unreliable. I replaced them with new spring system and Chamberlain 3800 openers. Much better system.