Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on August 30, 2010
As a person who has what some would call "Cadillac" Health Insurance, I mostly never thought about finding ways to save money on healthcare. My copays are nominal and my deductibles are relatively low. Little of the cost was coming out of my pocket so I never really worried about how much things cost.

The recent changes in our economy have led me to find ways to save money, and while our insurance coverage has stayed the same, I've been looking for ways to spend less wherever possible. In reading "101 Ways to Save Money on Healthcare" I learned about many different ways I could save money regardless of my insurance coverage. For example, while my prescription copay is only $10 for generics, I can get these same medications for $4 from some local pharmacies, and at others, they are free! Additionally, because my copay for an office visit is low (under $20) I never worried about the cost to see a doctor. This book includes valuable information on when to see a doctor and when to treat yourself (often with extra sleep or some chicken soup). In observing Dr. Koelker's advice, I've already saved a few copay's worth of money. And these are just the easiest examples to cite!

By reading this book, anyone could easily save more than the cost of the book, which makes it a worthwhile investment. This book is a resource for anyone who requires healthcare, regardless of how healthy you are or whether you have health insurance.

I am looking forward to reading the 2010 Edition to see what new tips are offered.
on November 29, 2009
This is a book you can sit down and read or grab in a emergency. Filled with useful information from a simple break out to knowing when to seek further help. I personally read it on my breaks at work just for the pure informational value that I might not have taken the time to look for before. The author is a doctor. To hear the real feelings and humor at times of how a professional person feels is refreshing. Once you read how simple some of the answers to our problems are you will be wondering why didn't I think of that.The book gives information on how to get help on medical bills and prescriptions as well very useful in the world today.She has done all the footwork we don't want to do or know how to do.Well worth the time to read and keep handy for emergency cases where you don't know should I seek further medical help or not could save you a lot in the long run.
on September 2, 2010
The first week I read this book, I used Dr. Koelker's advice and saved $60.00 on prescription co-pays ! Dr. Koelker has great practical information for everyone. This is a must have book for your medicine cabinet. This would be a great gift for a young mother or a young adult out on their own for the first time. This is long overdue, that a Dr. cares enough to help you get better and save money while doing it.
on November 19, 2009
"101 Ways to Save Money on Healthcare" really had a lot of helpful money saving ideas and with healthcare as costly as it is today, saving money is a must. I didn't realize that pharmaceutical companies offered coupons and money saving programs. This book explains all the different pharmaceutical offers and how to access them. I've also gotten into the habit of going to the same pharmacy not even thinking to check other pharmacy's prices. The section on price matching really opened my eyes on how much different prices can be from one pharmacy to the next. The author even got into saving money by avoiding the ER (when appropriate) for cuts by using tape ( if the cut is not too deep). This book is a great reference that should be kept handy. Every section is packed with practical money saving ideas. If you want simple easy ways to save money on healthcare then this book is for you.
on May 31, 2014
Having a Master Degree in Adm Health and Wellness I found this book to be helpful with all the new changes in the law and complicated choices in healthcare. It is a maze out there and anything to clarify and verify this mess is helpful.
on January 25, 2010
I bought this book not knowing what to expect. I have seen other books like this one, but the sale price and great reviews persuaded me to buy it, and I am so glad I did! This book is very personal. It's like having a book written for me by my very own doctor. It is witty and even funny, but tackles almost every question I come across when feeling bodily pains, and it has really helped me save money, too. I have been able to skip some doctor visits when minor things have happened, and now don't run to the doctor for every runnny nose and scraped knee. This book offers more advice than I ever expected, and if even offers coupons for any locals who this doctor/author has as patients. I give this book an A plus for content and information, and it also arrived promptly! This book is a great buy for personal use, and even great as a gift! Excellent!
on September 6, 2010
This book is long overdue. The information is invaluable. It is written in a way that everyone can understand. The fact that it is written by a practicing doctor makes it even more trustworthy. Who wouldn't be interested in saving money on health care, medicine, visits to the doctor, home remedies, and the like. I think everyone can benefit from this book. My recommendation is to get the book -- you won't be sorry!
on March 8, 2012
I heard of this book through a prepper's recommendation and decided it would be a good idea to have this sort of knowledge if ever left without medical services. Living in a disaster prone area, the concern is that medical services will sometimes not be available. Found this book to be worth it's weight in gold! From simple bandaging to drug information, this book will stay in my dr supplies, thank you!
on September 8, 2011
I recommend this book. It's a busy-ordinary-people-friendly version that one can read through and get the tips quickly. The information is organized and the language is simple and sometimes with a sense of humor. Some tips are just common sense or people might know already, there are other tips that only health care professionals know. I found it helpful that this book talks about how to save money on medical testings, doctor visits, and prescription drugs.
on July 25, 2014
It's ok, more of a manifest of what a responsible adult can do to reduce healthcare costs, not a list of remedies and how-tos like I thought it was.