4.0 out of 5 stars Ha Ha Very Funny
"Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger" by Louis Sachar is a hiliarious sequel to "Wayside School is Falling Down" also by Louis Sachar. This story takes place in a quite abnormal school. A school that was supposed to be built thirty classrooms side by side, but instead built thirty classrooms one on top of another.A thirty story building with no...
Published on February 1, 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars The title is accurate; it's stranger!
The various "Sideways Stories" are a special kind of ridiculous. Some authors try really hard to be funny and end up throwing a lot of fart jokes and booger references in, thinking that will get the laughs, but there aren't many authors out there who actually understand that great mix of gross-out, absurd, and layered humor that really grabs children. The...
Published 11 months ago by Swank Ivy

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger, November 1, 2013
This Wayside School book is great. I love the way that you can go from one book t0 another and know the charaters and understand the way thing happen there is not strange just different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, November 18, 2013
Love Louis Sachar books. He has a great sense of humor.
Can get even reluctant readers to read.
Thanks for speedy service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, April 12, 2000
By A Customer
The Wayside gang is back in another Hilarious book! This is great! Get it today, you'll be laughing and questioning the silliness!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite a Delight, August 22, 2000
By A Customer
This book, "Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger", by Louis Sachar, is a very amusing book. I first read it when I was about ten years old, and I thought it was the funniest book ever written. I enjoyed this book because it contained a lot of humour, and Louis Sachar is quite a clever author. When I say he is clever, I refer to the chapter where the students bring their pets to school, and how he introduces a character, who later on appears in the story, always somehow affiliated with the students. This book is great for kids, and I still happen to read this book every once in a while. I've probably read through it a dozen times since I purchased it, four years ago.

3.0 out of 5 stars Maxx Comedy, November 13, 2004
A Kid's Review
This is a very funny book! I couldn't put it down! It is a fast reader and is great for someone looking for a laugh! I would recomend it for children under the age of 13 because it has a little amout of kid comedy.
Max Cormandy is a child from a slightly poor family who loves to tell jokes at school! His teachers tell him about a comedy contest, sort of like American Idol, and he wants to try out. His mom supports him all the way but in the car on the way to the audition, they encounter manjor problems. You will have to read this book to see if he makes it to the audition on time. This is a very good book and and excelent for the action lover and the comedian in all of us!

5.0 out of 5 stars great price, November 13, 2010
Love the price, it took a few days to get, but other than that I am completely happy and would order from this company again.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, August 6, 2013
my 12yr old son started reading these books an he hated to read but loves it now when he started with these books thanks you

5.0 out of 5 stars Wayside Book Series, January 5, 2013
I remember this book series from being a child. I loved them as a kid, and I am enjoying sharing them with my children now.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOL! 5 *hic* Stars! *hic*, September 17, 2002
A Kid's Review
Ha! Wayside school's kids are so crazy! I was reading for hours! Though i have to return it to the library..... boo!!!!
My top five favorite kids were:
5. Sharie
4. Stephen
3. Terrence
2. Leslie
1. Todd
Todd had to go home on the kindergarten bus!!!
"Uh, Mrs. Jewls, you're getting a little boring.
And, Mavis: She was mostly bald and no teeth. She couldn't talk. She was Mavis Jewls. She was four days old.

5.0 out of 5 stars and one for my great grandson., August 24, 2014
Bought 2 collections--one for myself because the stories are so "different", and one for my great grandson.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 | Next ›

Wayside School Gets A Little Stranger (Turtleback School & Library Binding Edition) by Louis Sachar (School & Library Binding - June 1, 1998)
$17.20 $13.99