5.0 out of 5 stars Il Volo's amazing vocal firepower comes through yet again!
Published 15 months ago by Jennifer Giacinto

3.0 out of 5 stars CD We are love
We were disappointed with the recording as it was not as good as Il Volo takes flight which was from the Detroit Opera House.
Published 13 months ago by rex Foster

5.0 out of 5 stars Il Volo's amazing vocal firepower comes through yet again!, May 29, 2013
Jennifer Giacinto (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Are Love (Audio CD)
I'm going to start my review off by saying I didn't get my copy through Amazon. When I went to preorder, it wasn't available for preorder on Amazon at that time. As I have already reviewed We are Love on Amazon, I'm only going to review the five amazing new songs. Angel, that Sarah MacLaughlan had originally sung, was so beautiful and it brought tears to my eyes. Little Things, a One Direction song, was a pleasant surprise. I am not a fan of boy band music at all but the boys brought power and passion to the song and made me love it. Can You Feel the Love Tonight, the famous song from the movie The Lion King, lyrics by Tim Rice, music by Elton John, has always been one of my favorite movie songs. The boys brought their trademark passion and power to it and made it magical. Surrender (Torna a Surriento), a brilliant blend of Elvis' Surrender and the Italian Torna a Surriento, is my favorite song of the new songs. Right away, Gianluca, the baritone, blew me away with his impeccable vocal that gets better every time I hear him sing. You can just feel the emotion and passion emanating from him when he sings. Piero also blew me away with his classical/operatic voice that gets better and better every time he sings. Ignazio was incredible as well. Maria, from West Side Story, is usually sung as a solo. Gianluca had sung it during their last tour as a solo song. The boys each had a solo part in the song as well as singing together. It was an interesting arrangement that surprisingly worked and quite effectively. Il Volo, with these five new brilliant tracks, have proved to all of us that they can sing anything and sing it with the utmost passion, and, of course, with the utmost power. Congratulations, guys! Keep the great songs coming!

5.0 out of 5 stars We are Love is MESMERIZING!!!!, November 19, 2012
This review is from: We Are Love [Deluxe] (Audio CD)
I have been a huge fan of Il Volo since May 19, 2011, when they performed on American Idol. I was absolutely stunned by their vocal brilliance at such a young age. I went out and bought their regular and Spanish editions of their debut album and both albums were just vocally and emotionally stunning! I'll admit, I did not buy We are Love through Amazon. I usually buy my albums in the store. When I put We are Love into the car stereo and started to play it, their beautiful voices came through yet again! Their voices have matured so beautifully! I have no words to describe just how vocally powerful and emotional We are Love actually is! I adore the duet with Placido Domingo, "Il Canto," just the PERFECT duet, all four of their voices blended together and became one, WOW! Their covers of "Beautiful Day" and "Questo Amore" (I Don't Want to Miss a Thing) were top-notch! Every song was masterfully done! Congratulations Gianluca, Piero, and Ignazio on yet another vocal masterpiece! I can't wait to see what you guys will come up with next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Il Volo just keeps getting better, new album is a knock out, November 20, 2012
This review is from: We Are Love [Deluxe] (Audio CD)
Il Volos new CD is fablulous. There voices are better then they were, (how can that be possible?) Maturity, great management and their own sheer drive to pursue their passion for their music,is working for them and we their fans and those who will be their fans are the lucky recipients of all this talent.Although I loved Ignazio's romantic tenor tones from the very first, his voice has become fuller and richer, without losing those wonderfully romantic inflections in all the right places that make the listener feel like they are part of the scene the words are painting., Ignazio's ability to touch hearts with his voice is what I love most about his voice. Piero, that voice of pure energy and the electrical power that drives some of the best classical moments in Il Volos' songs of romance, is every bit as good as Placido Domingo, actually, in my humble opinion I prefer Piero's voice over Placido's, Piero's voice seems much more developed , and he gets it, he knows the perfect time to turn on that power and energy that sends some of Il Volo's songs light years ahead of anything else out there.Gianluca, his voice has been coated with even deeper silk like no other baritone singer I have heard in years. It flows over you with a smoothnes and richness so thick and unflawed like dark chocolate or fine wine.
The CD We Are Love contains 12 tracks, and if you get the bonus CD you will get 17 tracks, 5 of which are Christmas songs.

The song: I Bring You To My Senses----- (sung in English) is so romantic, the kind of romantic that is real. The kind of song you sing to your forever love, even when you are old and gray.

The song: Il Canto --- with Placido Domingo is not only beautiful but it shows just how talented these young men
are, unbelivable to be so gifted at their age,all to their fans benifit,to enjoy them for
years to come.
The song: Cosi --- I felt like this beautiful song was a strong showing of the Pop mixture Il Volo wants to add to
their dimension, fits right in with the youthfulness that they are and does it with flare!
The song: We are Love ----(Sung in English) Wow, I will be learning these words and singing them to my soul mate, he will love it.

The music set to the words of all the songs adds appropriately to the purpose of each song, whether it is ultimate romance and devotion , the Pop ,lets dance , celebrate our youth and energy, our love of life... the music emotion and choice of languages they sing each song in only adds to the whole amazing package. Il Volo is all three of these performers together, they would not be nearly as fabulous solo as they are together, each one has a dynamic that the other 2 do not have, when you put them all together you have pure perfection. The other tracs on the CD are also full of their shared and individual talents to make the songs magic. On the bonus tracs, especailly on the Christmas songs recorded severeal years ago, I could hear how far they have come, it's kind of like hearing them grow up vocally and as a group. Highly Recommended !!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Still growing and finding new music., June 7, 2013
This review is from: We Are Love (Audio CD)
At first I thought the new music was a bit too pop. After listening to it several times that opinion changed. There are more English songs on this new CD but the arrangements are classically designed and the strength and beauty of their voices is evident. I also liked the mixture of languages in some of the songs and that "I don't want to miss a thing" was sung in Italian.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, November 20, 2012
This review is from: We Are Love [Deluxe] (Audio CD)
I am so used to artists releasing brilliant debut cd's and then crashing and burning on the second ... not so with this incredible group! They have a gift for picking surprising material that I was fully prepared to skip over, only to find myself blown away by their interpretation. Perfect example "Beautiful Day"- you would not think these boys could rock like they do on this ... they blew me away, and Piero Barone hit some notes that shook the rafters. Other favorites: "I Bring You To My Senses", "We Are Love", "Il Canto" ... so many treasures on this. Gianluca has a lot more power behind his silky smooth delivery, and Ignazio's crystal clear (or shattering) high notes - unbelieveable. I am unable to find a "least favorite", and that's rare. Bravissimi ragazzi - this is a spectacular follow-up - I look forward to many, many more of these quality recordings!

5.0 out of 5 stars Special Edition is very special!, June 21, 2013
This review is from: We Are Love (Audio CD)
This special edition of We Are Love includes 5 new songs that Il Volo performed at a PBS special in Miami in March. The new songs are all well known favorites, Angel, Little Things, Can You Feel the Love Tonight, Surrender and Maria. Every one of these songs is beautiful, but I love Angel so much because Piero tenderly caresses each one of his notes so beautifully that I want to cry. On Surrender the boys go back and forth between Italian and English and I love that. I was actually at the concert in Miami when they sang this song for the first time and a huge cheer erupted in the audience when they started singing in Italian. Finally, there are no words to describe Maria, it is simply perfect. On Maria, the boys are basically singing one word over and over again but I sit and swoon as they sing note and it's like I can reach out and touch the note before they sing it, but when they do it is still a surprise every time I listen to it. Well done boys, you are fabulous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy listening to Il Volo, June 14, 2013
This review is from: We Are Love (Audio CD)
I enjoyed these talented young men since the first time I heard them perform on PBS. Their voices and style has developed since their debut album, In Flight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, June 5, 2013
Amazon Customer (Woodbury, Mn United States) - See all my reviews
The special edition on We Are Love with the additional English versions is wonderful. These guys have incredible voices and El Canto with Placido Domingo is beyond beautiful. When they bring their voices to a song like 'Little Things' it takes it to an entirely new level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent !!!, November 19, 2012
This review is from: We Are Love [Deluxe] (Audio CD)
Absolutely stunning!! I thought that their first CD was brilliant but this one is at least as good and possibly better. Il Volo is a wonderful group. We have seen them live twice and they get better as the years go by. I just received the CD today and have already listened to it in its entirety three times. If you appreciate "real" music then you will love this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not being very patient!, November 18, 2012
Kay Ulrich (COON RAPIDS, MN, US) - See all my reviews
I have heard small parts of this CD and can hardly wait until Monday (11/19/12)for it to come!! Hopefully there will be many more from this amazing group of Italian teenagers. I can not believe this beautiful sound comes out of someone so young! All ages will love them!!

We Are Love [Deluxe]
We Are Love [Deluxe] by Il Volo (Audio CD - 2012)
Rate and Discover Movies