Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on December 3, 2012
These young men are the greatest new act in show business hands down! I know of nobody who sings better than they do . Being asked to tour with Barbra Streisand says it all, only the best would even be considered. The album contains one song better that the next , their voices are impecable. Piero does those show stopping notes, Gianluca is fantastic and ignazio just blows you away . Who is better of the three, no way to tell they are all fantastic, period. They are a classical pop group, something rather rare. The sing classical with trained voices but they make pop songs come alive too. They have no equal and really can't be compared to anyone. IL Divo is good but the are very different than IL Volo, to be honest i like IL Volo better. Anyway if you like really good music , buy this CD!
on November 18, 2012
I have heard small parts of this CD and can hardly wait until Monday (11/19/12)for it to come!! Hopefully there will be many more from this amazing group of Italian teenagers. I can not believe this beautiful sound comes out of someone so young! All ages will love them!!
on October 3, 2013
I love the boys. I never heard of recording anything in Rome; now I know why. Some tracks have excessive sibilance and odd, thumpy bass. I have a high-end stereo. Most tracks are OK. It's too bad the recordings are not as perfect as they are. The PBS DVD does not have these problems. Buy the Live from Miami CD, which was recorded by PBS. I purchased this CD on Amazon.
on November 25, 2012
Only between 18 & 19 yrs old these young men sing as good as any of the top artists of their genre. I first saw them on a local Spanish TV program and during my visit to Puerto Rico I found their CD in Spanish and was completely blown away by the maturity of their voices. I've been a big fan of Pop-Classical type music and these young men have really taken this to the next level.

Their new production "We are Love" is completely outstanding. Great interventions with Eros Ramazzotti and Placido Domingo. Just brilliant. Also the theme song to the movie "Luna Escondida / Hidden Moon" was masterful.

I was very impressed with how they were able to take it to the next level especially when they sing with such a legend as Placido Domingo. Piero Barone was exceptional.

Definitely one collection to have. Viva Il Volo.
on November 20, 2012
I am amazed at the talent these three young men have! Anyone who purchases this CD will not regret it. I have no idea what they are singing about (other than Love), but the emotion in thier voices comes across beautifuly. Perfection!!
on December 1, 2012
We Are Love by Il Volo
Run Time: 51:39
Release Date: 19 November 2012
Label: Interscope Records (Universal Music Group)
Source: Complimentary digital copy provided by Passionate Digital Marketing via Blog PR Wire for reviewThese boys have serious talent!

While I can't speak or understand Italian, I do have six years of high school Spanish experience--including two years of International Baccalaureate-level achievement--so I was still able to understand a few words common to romance languages. I enjoyed this album immensely because of the amazing vocals and loveswept songs, although I can't say it's something I'd listen to voluntarily in the car, on Youtube, or anywhere else on my own. Piero, Ignazio, and Gianluca each do croon passionately and with full hearts straight to the microphone, though, which made my listening experience a tingly good one.

There are three songs in English I can actually give more detailed reviews for in terms of content and style. "I Bring You To My Senses" is romantic, sweeping, and especially moving because of its powerful resonance. It touches every listener because it beautifully conveys the heartbreak of losing a lover, of wishful thinking, and of painful separation. "Beautiful Day" is spirited and full of hope and conviction--automatically one of those feel-good songs that easily get stuck in the head and close to the heart. I personally think it's weaker in message, relative to Il Volo's other songs on this album. "We Are Love", which laces English stanzas with an Italian chorus, is probably my favorite out of all twelve tracks because of its gorgeous lyrics (that I actually understood!) and addictive melody. The harmonies here are impressive as well. Even though I couldn't understand the Italian in this one, language barriers did NOT impede my enjoyment and musical appreciation for it. In fact, I think it's even more soulful with the Italian intertwined in it; there's something so lush and charming about the language!

"Historia De Un Amor" is my other favorite. It's entirely in Spanish (don't ask me why...) which was great for me! I was able to pick up on the flow and mood of the song right away. The title translates to "Love Story", and I didn't even have to understand every word to understand and follow the message. Really beautiful--I suggest you should at least give it and the song "We Are Love" a try!

Pros: Amazing, smooth vocals, beautiful lyrics, romantic, original songs.

Cons: Would have liked more songs in English, opera (even pop opera) isn't exactly my style.

Verdict: I can only confidently recommend this one to those who can (at least somewhat) comprehend Italian, or those who have been following Il Volo's international success. Opera music may not be for everybody--I know it's not really for me, even though this particular group is incredible--so it's really a matter of musical preference. There's a reason these guys are so famous, though, so I'll give credit where it's due.

8 hearts: An engaging read; highly recommended.
on November 24, 2012
When We Are Love was announced (before it was available) I started exploring the songs (listening to other artists' renditions of songs that were mostly unfamiliar to me). I was not very taken by other artists' performances of these songs. So I said a little prayer that Ignacio, Piero, Gianluca, and their musical engineering team headed by Humberto Gatica, would take these songs and give them their magical touch. Wow, Yes!

We Are Love soars with passion, harmony, love and longing so hot that I feel the steam and the ecstasy! For me, this album far surpasses their previous CDs, all which bring joy to my heart and uplift my spirit.

Ignacio's voice is more and more refined and also has that lovely edge that communicates so much depth of feeling. Ignacio's power and higher range help us soar with IL VOLO.

Piero's power has always been amazing (and how in heck does he hold those notes so long?!). The rich fullness in Piero's voice is amazingly still expanding. And, yes, for me, I feel Piero's voice and passion are at least on par with Placido Domingo. And the 3 IL VOLO voices blended richly with Placido Domingo's. Truly an honor to work together!

Gianluca is expressing in his luxurious silky tones with greater power. And I gotta tell ya, Gianluca's voice in those last 2 lines of We Are Love... reminds me of Antonio Banderas at his sexiest. (; >)

The boys' harmonies blend so richly, it's like an orchestra of sound.

I love every song on this CD! It's as if IL VOLO has given each sometimes-obscure song the Life it deserves!
And, for me, listening to We Are Love throughout my day is a banquet of joy, love, uplifted spirits, soaring, swirling, ahhhhhh!!

Thank you Piero, Gianluca, Ignacio for your resonant hearts and voices which so enrich our lives!
~Jeanine DuBois, Compassion's Doorway
on January 4, 2013
I love Il Volo! They are an amazing group. I love their harmony and love watching them on TV. Their voices are so mature and I love listening to the Italian songs especially. After being in and working with school choirs and being exposed to the Italian language, it is such a beautiful language to sing it.
on December 21, 2012
Here are the lads of Il Volo again, and they are even better than in their earlier CDs and DVD. Even in the early DVD from Detroit Opera, they were totally at ease with their audience. The ladies simply ate up the flirting.

But they are not about cheap flirting. They deliver each song with trained voices but with totally idiomatic renditions of pop ballads: soaring high notes, multi-languages, and diction to put many pop stars (including winners of American Idol) to shame. Whether these "kids" will ever tackle opera roles remains to be seen. They are too young for that yet. Their voices are healthy and growing in expressiveness. They even bring out the youthful sound in Placido Domingo in his guest shot in "Il Canto." There is none of the breathy, falsetto singing some young men use trying to be sexy. (It really never is.) Their sound is masculine and yet young. Ideals good enough for me!

All the texts are printed except for the Christmas tracks. There are no translations, but frankly I don't care. The dedication to their art and the sublime assurance they already show gives Il Divo a firm run for their money - and Il Volo wins.
on December 21, 2012
I have been fascinated by these three very young men for the last three years - before they ever made a debut in the United States.
They have terrific voices - one of them (I won't say who, you have to hear for yourself) sounds like Caruso.

If you have a chance, be sure to see them on a rerun on PBS.