Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

Format: Audio CDChange

on December 22, 2009
This Young Money album is, simply put, a disaster. For one, Young Money has too many group members and they are not the Wu-Tang Clan or the Dungeon Family in terms of talent. These rappers all sound like each other. Jae Millz, Gudda Gudda, Mack Maine, Tyga, T-Streets, Lil Chuckee, Lil Twist are not very distinct. Not saying that they can't rap, just that they aren't interesting stylistically in flow or lyrics. They have no mic presence, especially not enough to hog up all the tracks. And even if they happen to have their tracks...at least have their good tracks. Gudda Gudda has a full mixtape full of bangers as does Tyga (to a lesser extent). I've heard way better songs from Jae Millz and Mack Maine as well.

The rappers that you would expect to hear from such as Nicki Minaj and Drake are barely on the album. Each of them clock 5 songs on a 15 song album. This is unacceptable. I didn't hear Nicki Minaj until the album was halfway over!!! The singer Shanell gets no shine. She might be on two tracks. I'm trying to see if they thought this all the way through. Lil Wayne is on every song but it's mostly chorus work and when he does rap he sounds completely uninspired. Drake raps last on the tracks he's on in an attempt to "bring it home" but by the time he raps you've probably already skipped the track.

The beats are decent but very "run of the mill" at best and there's no concept behind the songs. There's some old songs here. Every Girl and Play In My Band came out in March and Steady Mobbin with Gucci Mane came out in July.

I believe with albums like these, basically a talent showcase for the label, that the people everyone knows should be on every track with the complimentary rappers and singers strategically placed on tracks. This helps give them an identity rather than throwing all these rappers on tracks and then the listener has to try to decipher who is who and which style is who and how their voice sounds etc. Not to mention the album cover is wack. I'm very disappointed in this album and I was not entertained. There's a few songs (Every Girl, Bedrock, Steady Mobbin, Roger That, Finale, Play In My Band and Streets Is Watching) but you aren't missing anything classic by completely skipping this album. 2 stars.
0Comment36 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2013
I'VE BEEN TRYNG TO GET THIS ALBUM BUT I'VE BEEN PUSHED BACK A BIT BUT FINNALY I GOT IT
SO HERE'S MY REVIEW

I LIKE : GUDDA'S AND DRAKE'S VERSE,THE BEAT,AND SHAWT DAWG'S VERSE
I DON'T LIKE : WAYNE'S VERSE AND SHAWT DAWG'S HOOK

PLAY IN MY BAND 4.5/5
I LIKE : SHANELL'S VERSE AND HOOK,THE BEAT,AND PARTS OF WAYNES VERSE
I DON'T LIKE : PARTS OF WAYNE'S VERSE (THE SCREAMING PART)

F*** DA BULLS*** 10/5
I LIKE : NICKI'S,GUDDA'S,WAYNE'S,AND DRAKE'S VERSE,BIRDMAN'S INTRODUCTION TO THE RAPPERS,AND THE BEAT

BEDROCK 10/5
I LIKE: WAYNE'S,GUDDA'S,NICKI'S,DRAKE'S,TYGA'S,AND MILLZ'S VERSES,LlOYD'S HOOK,AND THE BEAT

GIRL I GOT YOU 0/5
I LIKE : NOTHIN AT ALL
I DON'T LIKE : REALLY LIL TWIST AND LIL CHUCKEE SOLO TRACK DO I HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING ELSE,AND THE BEAT SUCKS

STEADY MOBBIN 4.5/5
I LIKE : WAYNE'S VERSE AND HOOK AND THE BEAT
I DON'T LIKE : GUCCI MANE'S VERSE OH MY GOD WHO GAVE THIS SPECIAL ED KID A MIC (NO OFFENSE TO SPECIAL ED KIDS I'M TRULY SORRY)

ROGER THAT 10/5
I LIKE : MINAJ'S,TYGA'S,AND WAYNE'S VERSE AND HOOK (THEY ALL DO THE HOOK),AND THE BEAT

SHE IS GONE 5/5
I LIKE : T-STREET'S,MILLZ'S,AND GUDDA'S VERSE,THE BEAT,THE "SHE IS GONE" SAMPLE,AND WAYNE'S HOOK
I DON'T LIKE : ONCE AGAIN A WAYNE VERSE WHOULD BE NICE

STREETS IS WATCHIN 4/5
I LIKE : WAYNE'S,GUDDA'S (HE GETS 2 VERSES),MILLZ'S VERSES,THE BEAT,AND T-STREETS HOOK
I DON'T LIKE : NICKI MINAJ'S VERSE

FINALE 5/5
I LIKE : GUDDA'S,MILLZ'S,TYGA'S,NICKI'S,SHANELL'S,DRAKE'S,AND WAYNE'S VERSE,THE BEAT,AND T-STREETS INTRO TO THE RAPPERS
I DON'T LIKE : LIL TWIST'S,LIL CHUCKEE'S,AND MACK MAINE'S VERSE (BUT BECAUSE OF ALL THE OTHER GREAT VERSES IT DOESN'T HURT THE SONG)

WELL THATS MY REVIEW SOME PERFECT SONGS,SOME GOOD SONGS,SOME BAD SONGS,AND SOME TERRIBLE SONGS
MY FINAL REVIEW 3.9/5 ALMOST 4/5 BUT BECAUSE OF SONGS LIKE "MS.PARKER AND GIRL I GOT YOU" IT GETS TAKIN DOWN A NOTCH HOPE YOU ENJOYED MY REVIEWS IF YOU DID FEEL FREE TO CHECK MY OTHER REVIEWS OUT THANKS!!
on December 29, 2009
With the sucess of Lil' Wayne's rap career, mainly with his album Tha Carter III, he puts together his new group called Young Money. With the song "Every Girl" this past summer, I've been waiting for this album to come out. Personally, I believe this album took too long to come out, seeing that that hit single has lost it's buzz a few months ago. A group of 11 artists, to include Wayne himself, some of these people you can tell have high potential. Some of the artists worth mentioning are Jae Millz (whos been unsigned forever), Tyga, Drake, and Nicki Minaj. Lyrically everyone else has some improvement to make, especially their younger artists Lil' Twist, and Lil' Chuckie (if you look in the pictures inside the album cover, you would swear that he was Lil' Wayne's Mini-Me). And personally, I think Shanell should focus on a solo career than trying to work in a group because her singing sounds completely out of place.

The songs themself are not too bad. Of course everyone knows "Every Girl In The World". The thing with that song is that majority of the songs here on this album don't stray far from it lyrically. "Wife Beater" is one of those songs, and it actually sounds good. "Bedrock" with Lloyd and "Roger That" are cool songs too. On the latter, Nicki Minaj shows how good she is behind the mic.

Overall, Young Money is nothing to be excited about. Yeah most of the people here are worth listening to (I agree with another reviewer who says Wayne and Drake make the songs good, because I thought the same exact thing on my first listen). Most of the songs here are nothing special either. I just believe that Wayne was just showing off his group, and to see if they have potential for a solo career. I recommend that you download some of the songs that are worth listening to. Peace.

Lyrics: C
Production: B-
Guest Appearances: C-
Musical Vibes: C
44 comments2 of 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2010
We Are Young Money was a much talked about debut album in the Hip-Hop community. Being one of the first "rap group" that has released a studio album in recent memory and also being the students of label head Lil Wayne, this album generated a lot of interest. I think that this album was a lot better than it expected. Lil Wayne proved his mastermind with this album as every verse and appearance on the songs by the members of Young Money was planned out and executed brilliantly. In order to build up anticipation for the two most talked about members of Young Money, Nicki Minaj and Drake, there appearances on the album were rare but well placed and they more than delivered on their verses. Jae Millz, Gudda Gudda and Tyga are three of the more unknown members of the group, were put on more of the songs allowing them to shine and promote their individual skills. Lil Twist and Lil Chukee also played into their role as teen heart throbs in their song "Girl I Got You."

Overall the album was very good with each individual putting in their part and performing at the top of their game. I would recommend it for any fan of good rap and especially those who follow Lil Wayne.
on July 3, 2010
No talent on this album at all.Lyrics are terrible.They aint saying nothing.Nicki minaj is pretty though thats all.I dont think this album deserves any stars at all.
on March 22, 2010
nicki menaj is alright but drake sucks he is very overrated but hey someone has to annoy us til lil louise gets out of riker's. anything sells these days.
on August 3, 2011
I bought this CD a few months back and I am still banging it almost everyday. There are some really good songs on this CD. My favorite is " Pass The Dutch " - just a cold song that almost anyone can relate to. And I saw someone say that " all the beats sound the same " ? Obviously that person hasn't listened to the CD, because that's just not the case. " We Steady Mobbin " is definitely the #1 Banger on the CD. A cold beat and Weezy & Gucci Murder it. And anyone who lovesssssss girls like I do will definitely bang " Bedrock " -- it's one of my all time fav songs ever! I Can Make Your BEDROCK GIRL! Ha Ha Ha

So, without a doubt, this CD is a classic. I'll listen to it till the day I die, that's for sure!
on March 1, 2010
Could some of the songs have been left out? yes. BUT, were there some songs on there worthy of the repeat button? In my honest opinion, yes. You really cant expect every song on a compilation album or any album to be a hit. If your a fan of the artists, then you will like it. If your one of those ppl who feel the need to overly analyze everything, then you will not like it. Simple as that. And one more thing: Young Money is the record label, NOT a group as some of you have wrote in your reviews. That is all.
on May 26, 2010
I downloaded this album after receiving a promotional MP3 credit through amazon. I wouldn't have purchased it otherwise but I was happy to get it for free. It has some good tracks and a lot of the rappers are on their way up, especially Niki Minaj. If you like the genre and Little Wayne (he produces and works on a lot of the songs) then you'll probably like this.
on May 2, 2013
Iv never listened to young money before, but i own all lil Wayne CDs and like him a lot.
Well this cd is very good, but mostly all the songs are the same.
Every song is about banging this girl and that girl, having a ton of money, and doing drugs. If you like songs about that, you will love this cd.