Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: We Made It Happen/Sweetheart
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on September 1, 2009
I have been trying for years to fill in the gaps in my collection of Engelbert's CDs. Now I have six of these missing albums thanks to the release of this double CD plus two other doubles--My Love/King of Hearts & Another Time, Another Place/In Time. Although many of the titles are available on compilation CDs there are enough others to make the purchase worthwhile. Whether you play this CD in your car, on a computer or a good CD player you will not be disappointed. For those fans who owned the original vinyls it will bring back great memories. If you aren't from the "vinyl generation" you will enjoy these oldies. Let's hope the rest of Engelbert's early albums are available on CDs soon.
on November 26, 2012
If you weren't around in the late 60's and early 70's you could easily have missed these gems. And even if you were around at that time, you could have missed them because Enge was not riding on the most popular wave of the times. Engelbert Humperdinck was at his best in those years and these two albums (both from the early 70's), are conveniently packaged on one CD. He was on the other end of the popular spectrum in the age of psychedelic and hard rock belting out romantic ballads and cover songs. Granted, he did not make such a long entry on the musical encyclopedia, but his voice for that kind of music at that time was one of the best around. It had both that ultra smooth bedroom vibe and masculine strength - a rare combination that would appeal to both women and men, mostly women, though.

These two albums are among his best, but don't forget his breakthrough albums that came before these ones between 1967-69. Highly recommended for anyone appreciating a great male vocalist of that era. Mind you, Enge is still around at 76 and performing and recording.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 16, 2013
The voice of this superstar is so magnificent that he can take your feelings to new levels. I'm so glad to have these songs to listen to , they make every day brighter. He is so smooth and powerful ... put it all together and you have a winner.
on February 3, 2013
to the 70's. My mom used to play the album over and over and I really started to love it.
on February 26, 2010
These albums are albums I grew up listening to while my mother kept house.
I'm in my 40's now, and these songs take me back to a simplier times; good times. Happy to own them once again. Very romantic songs.
on October 6, 2012
Great great and great! All of his wonderful hits and more. Englebert songs from his soul. You know he has loved in his lifetime because he projects it with his music. Thank you for the memories
on November 25, 2012
We bought this CD to replace a casette of the same title. This is Englebert at his best. Always loved his music, and this album is a must for any fan of Englebert's.
on June 30, 2011
I love Engelberts music for over 40 years. I hope he continues a long long time. Voice is great. I bought this at Amazon. Lei Gui
on December 5, 2009
The fisrt album "We Made It Happen" of this combination is in my opinion one of Engelbert Humperdinck's very BEST. I am not really fond of "Sweetheart." It does not inspire or sway me, though I know Engelbert has the finest male voice on the planet. It's not always the voice that carries the song, it is also the lyrics and the music, which did not impress me in this case.
on September 4, 2014