Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 3, 2013
This is good for a textbook. I bought it for my political science class. The boring part is that, in each chapter it covers a lot of case examples (state vs. etc.) But within the first 5 chapters the reader will gain a clear understanding of how the constitution and the bill of rights came to be, and how it allows us the freedoms to do a lot of things today, that we take for granted
on March 5, 2013
This is the textbook required for an introductory politics class. The layout is study-friendly and easy to understand, and having the vocabulary words defined in the pages' margins is really helpful.
on December 16, 2014
Started reading for my class but ended up reading for than I needed to.
Very informative and easy-to-understand review on our government.
Book is organized well
It has really helped me understand the government to the point where I can talk politics around the dinner-table now without being afraid that I sound naive. Government news and shows are easier to understand now that I have a background to the governmental systems that I never learned about in high school.
on May 30, 2014
I feel that anyone studying political science should check this book out. It's very clear and easy to read, plus it has online quizzes to test your understanding. I would highly recommend to anyone trying to get a better understanding of political science outside (or inside) the classroom.
on January 28, 2016
The book is falling apart before my eyes. I rented this book for a college class and the book is barely held together in the middle and even a few pages are coming out. The only thing holding the covers together is the laminate
on July 21, 2015
I read this whole darn book in my summer school course. 6 weeks. The only way I completed the reading is because it was interesting. This book is well written and related to modern times quite well. Great book for an introduction to Political Science.
on September 10, 2013
Did have some of the stuff missing inside that my instructor noted, however, she said she would provide that when necessary so I didt have to go purchase another book. It is more compact than the one the school was requiring, that I believe was blue and white and somewhat larger in size.
on May 21, 2016
I understand that biases are going to happen, specially when it comes to politics. However, I believe that the best method of teaching political sciences is to teach both sides of an argument, and allow the students to develop their own opinions. How are we to learn to make good political choices with today's media if we don't learn to look at both sides carefully. The opinions of the authors of this book are very apparent, and strategically placed to highlight them. Little is given about the opposing arguments, specially when it comes to our growing federal government, civil rights and liberties. These are our most current issues and hot topics, and should show the least bias. I personally believe it is difficult to learn sound reasoning with politics when the propaganda related to the authors opinions is so loud.
on January 6, 2015
Had to buy it for school. Some of the stuff in it is worth the information but the way it's written sounds like someone trying to guilt you into agreeing with everything the government does
on May 3, 2015
Text book is used for intro to political science. I found the chapters long and drawn out. The book jumped around on topics. Some of the chapters were very mundane and boring. The cover is very strange, while durable it feels like there is always some sort of film on it. I am sure the book was written with study in mind. The one thing I found enjoyable about this book is that it let users interact with internet based activities so the text was not always so drawn out. I wanted to give this book a 3.5 but alas, amazon will not let a user do that. So I gave the benefit of doubt to We the people. I usually enjoy political events, but I found this book to be quite boring.