5.0 out of 5 stars No Sophomore Slump Here
Josh Gracin's sophomore cd is finally here.

Although 4 years have passed since his first cd, Josh comes out swinging hard - and hits a homerun. Track by track, his stellar vocals will suck you in while you find yourself totally lost in the lyrics.

Published on April 8, 2008 by Penny B

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Mark:-6,5
Published 3 days ago by Rodrigo Albuquerque

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars No Sophomore Slump Here, April 8, 2008
Penny B "un4gitible" (MICHIGAN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Weren't Crazy (Audio CD)
Josh Gracin's sophomore cd is finally here.

Gracin has said this cd is more personal to him and you can certainly hear that in track after track. What's even more amazing is how track after track, the listener can surely relate also.

Standout tracks include: Found, Invisible, I Don't Want To Live, Unbelievable and the title track (and current single) We Weren't Crazy. But honestly, there isn't a skipper in the bunch. This is a cd you can easily sit and listen to, beginning to end, and then start it all over again because you crave more of Josh Gracin.

This cd will be taking up residence in my car cd player, my IPOD and on my computer ITUNES for many months to come.

I didn't think it was possible for Josh to outdo his first cd - but he has. Great job Mr. Gracin!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sophomore Effort has Something for Everyone, April 3, 2008
This review is from: We Weren't Crazy (Audio CD)
Since Josh Gracin made his debut on American Idol in early 2003, he has most wonderfully found his niche in the Country music scene. Josh has been moving forward full-steam ahead with a nation-wide tour that is now in its 3rd year and still going strong. Playing smaller venues gives Josh and the guys in the band a chance to interact more closely with the audience which is a wonderful treat for the fans. This allows us to give our feedback on what we like and what we'd like to hear more of.

Released just 2 months shy of the 4 year anniversary of the release of his self-titled debut album, "We Weren't Crazy" has been much anticipated, but well worth the wait. This album features something for everyone and leaves no one disappointed:

"Found" - This is a great opener to a killer album. The musical arrangement is absolutely wonderful - listen carefully, and you'll hear the unmistakable "plunk plunk" of the banjo in the background giving it that genuine country sound. I challenge anyone to put this CD in and not find themselves moving to the music.

"We Weren't Crazy" - The current radio single from this album, "WWC" was co-written by Josh and is an upbeat, in-your-face testament about the trials and tribulations of Josh's relationship with his lovely wife, Ann Marie. It's a song about taking chances and seeing where they lead you - good or bad. In his case, the rewards are far worth the sacrifices.

"Invisible" - Easily one of my two favorite songs on this album. With lyrics that read, "'Cause when you're all alone/and you don't know that/I'm watchin'/You're so Beautiful," this song epitomizes what every woman loves to hear from her man. Listen up, guys...this is the stuff that dreams are made of.

"Let Me Fall" - This poignant song was also co-written by Josh and speaks of the heartbreak of a relationship that has ended and the longing to move on. To hear the smooth falsetto of Josh's voice as he sings, "How do I hurt/And how do I cry/When so many times you've let me down?" gives me goose bumps. Sometimes, making a clean break isn't what you want; it's what you need to begin the healing process. "There's no use in loving you at all/So let me fall..."

"I Don't Want To Live" - Not to be confused with "I Want To Live" from Josh's debut album, this song speaks to the reality that sometimes, we all make mistakes. What you think you want most in life - in this case, freedom and independence - is in fact a prison sentence. The best way to deal with those mistakes is to admit you were wrong and try and make things right. We're all human.

"Favorite State of Mind" - Previously released as a radio single, this song feature's Josh's signature style - lots of high-energy words flowing beautifully together that challenge the listener to sing along. Another great upbeat song with a little something for everyone...especially us Georgia Peaches.

"Telluride" - Originally recorded by Tim McGraw some years back, "Telluride" is a wonderful addition to this album. It brings a sense of familiarity to the album.

"I Keep Coming Back" - Remember the old adage, "You don't know what you've got till it's gone?" This is that philosophy set to music. It speaks of how sometimes, it's necessary to venture forth into the world in order to really appreciate where you come from. "No matter where I'm at/I can't pretend/I've found something better..."

"Sweet September" - I fell in absolute love with this track at Josh's fan club party in June of 2006. It was the only time I'd heard him perform it, but I was able to get my hands on the acoustic version from the party and have listened to it umpteen times since. I had been told several times that it would not make it on the album, and was absolutely AMAZED when the track list came out and this song was on it. This song is for everyone who has that one person that will always remain in their heart. And even though we all grow up and move on, some things remain forever engrained in your memory. "I remember what song was playing/That it was raining./The time, the day, the month, the year/The sweat, the steam, the urge, the fear./There's nothin' bout that long wet/Sweet September/I don't remember..."

"Livin' It Up" - Another song that challenges the listener to remain still. With lines such as "Baby I can sleep when I die," this song makes you want to go out there and enjoy your life to the fullest. After all, "I'm only breathin'/Only feelin'/On this planet so long/So I'm livin' it up, livin' it up..."

"Unbelievable" - This song was written for by Josh for his lovely wife Ann Marie. Listening to this song, you can hear the adoration Josh has for his high school sweetheart and the mother of his 3 beautiful children. A spectacular way to close out a phenomenal album.

I HIGHLY recommend this CD to any country music fan. It's been WELL worth the wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great CD, April 8, 2008
Jenny Rose (Lantana, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Weren't Crazy (Audio CD)
This is another great CD by Josh. It's nice to know there are still country singers out there that can play and write as well as sing. You really get a peak into who Josh really is and what makes him tick with this CD. You can tell he's all about his family, his kids, his wife. And he's stayed committed to the work even though it's taken 4 years to get this Sophomore album on store shelves. I loved the first CD, and I love this one just as much, if not more. Keep up the good work--no make that great work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another 4th place Idol does well!, April 5, 2008
This review is from: We Weren't Crazy (Audio CD)
Like daughtry, Josh Gracin came in 4th on American Idol..and like his first album, this one is fantastic. He has a Keith Urbanesque sound but a really unique voice. This one is more personal, more mature and really better than the first--if that is possible. Buy enjoy it--make him the star he deserves to be!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, January 11, 2012
This review is from: We Weren't Crazy (Audio CD)
It has great sound, and was well worth the price for this cd. Was even here before it was suppose to be. I like early shipments when they happen. I will be making more future purchases. This cd had the one song of which was most important to myself and my fiance. As it will be played at our wedding. Thanks so much for such a great quality cd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't you have it yet?, July 22, 2011
Lcj Bronkhorst "LouisB" (Port Elizabeth, South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Weren't Crazy (Audio CD)
If you are interested in Country Music you should get this CD. It has a variety of tempo's and caters for all tastes. Stop reading and order it now. If you do not get a kick out of #10 that is bursting with a zest for life you can walz on #8 or just let your hair down and enjoy the #7.
Listen to the romantic cry of #3 and top it with #6
Enjoy it - it is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Josh, January 12, 2009
This review is from: We Weren't Crazy (Audio CD)
Josh shares his heart and life with his fans on this CD. Loved his first album, too, but many of the songs on this one were written by him, so he's really up close and personal with his feelings. His voice continues to amaze me ....

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, July 10, 2008
T. Conners (Waterville, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Weren't Crazy (Audio CD)
I have enjoyed Josh Gracin's music since first hearing him on American Idol. He performed at our Fair and the concert was outstanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait, June 22, 2008
This review is from: We Weren't Crazy (MP3 Music)
After his first album; which was awesome! I didn't think he would ever put out another one, but this one was worth the wait. It's well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovin it, May 28, 2008
This review is from: We Weren't Crazy (Audio CD)
Even though i've never bought a cd by Josh Gracin. I still decided to check this out after being recommended with this cd. I went online and bought it a few days ago and have listened to it 3 times in the past couple days. If its any indication, i really enjoy the cd throughout.

Love how he tackles a song its like having fun and living on the edge. But also some sensibilities and reservations at the same time. Songs like "We Weren't Crazy" and "Livin It Up" for starters really stand out along with "Telluride" which is another fun, cool song that i really found myself liking. It's 11 songs full of country and energy that bristles through on every track.

An excellent followup cd to his 2004 "Josh Gracin" effort. For anyone that enjoys a good country cd or anyone just looking for something a little different but familiar at the same time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

We Weren't Crazy
We Weren't Crazy by Josh Gracin (Audio CD - 2008)
Click for more info