Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: We Weren't Crazy
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Audio CD|Change

on April 8, 2008
Josh Gracin's sophomore cd is finally here.

Although 4 years have passed since his first cd, Josh comes out swinging hard - and hits a homerun. Track by track, his stellar vocals will suck you in while you find yourself totally lost in the lyrics.

Gracin has said this cd is more personal to him and you can certainly hear that in track after track. What's even more amazing is how track after track, the listener can surely relate also.

Standout tracks include: Found, Invisible, I Don't Want To Live, Unbelievable and the title track (and current single) We Weren't Crazy. But honestly, there isn't a skipper in the bunch. This is a cd you can easily sit and listen to, beginning to end, and then start it all over again because you crave more of Josh Gracin.

This cd will be taking up residence in my car cd player, my IPOD and on my computer ITUNES for many months to come.

I didn't think it was possible for Josh to outdo his first cd - but he has. Great job Mr. Gracin!
on April 3, 2008
Since Josh Gracin made his debut on American Idol in early 2003, he has most wonderfully found his niche in the Country music scene. Josh has been moving forward full-steam ahead with a nation-wide tour that is now in its 3rd year and still going strong. Playing smaller venues gives Josh and the guys in the band a chance to interact more closely with the audience which is a wonderful treat for the fans. This allows us to give our feedback on what we like and what we'd like to hear more of.

Released just 2 months shy of the 4 year anniversary of the release of his self-titled debut album, "We Weren't Crazy" has been much anticipated, but well worth the wait. This album features something for everyone and leaves no one disappointed:

"Found" - This is a great opener to a killer album. The musical arrangement is absolutely wonderful - listen carefully, and you'll hear the unmistakable "plunk plunk" of the banjo in the background giving it that genuine country sound. I challenge anyone to put this CD in and not find themselves moving to the music.

"We Weren't Crazy" - The current radio single from this album, "WWC" was co-written by Josh and is an upbeat, in-your-face testament about the trials and tribulations of Josh's relationship with his lovely wife, Ann Marie. It's a song about taking chances and seeing where they lead you - good or bad. In his case, the rewards are far worth the sacrifices.

"Invisible" - Easily one of my two favorite songs on this album. With lyrics that read, "'Cause when you're all alone/and you don't know that/I'm watchin'/You're so Beautiful," this song epitomizes what every woman loves to hear from her man. Listen up, guys...this is the stuff that dreams are made of.

"Let Me Fall" - This poignant song was also co-written by Josh and speaks of the heartbreak of a relationship that has ended and the longing to move on. To hear the smooth falsetto of Josh's voice as he sings, "How do I hurt/And how do I cry/When so many times you've let me down?" gives me goose bumps. Sometimes, making a clean break isn't what you want; it's what you need to begin the healing process. "There's no use in loving you at all/So let me fall..."

"I Don't Want To Live" - Not to be confused with "I Want To Live" from Josh's debut album, this song speaks to the reality that sometimes, we all make mistakes. What you think you want most in life - in this case, freedom and independence - is in fact a prison sentence. The best way to deal with those mistakes is to admit you were wrong and try and make things right. We're all human.

"Favorite State of Mind" - Previously released as a radio single, this song feature's Josh's signature style - lots of high-energy words flowing beautifully together that challenge the listener to sing along. Another great upbeat song with a little something for everyone...especially us Georgia Peaches.

"Telluride" - Originally recorded by Tim McGraw some years back, "Telluride" is a wonderful addition to this album. It brings a sense of familiarity to the album.

"I Keep Coming Back" - Remember the old adage, "You don't know what you've got till it's gone?" This is that philosophy set to music. It speaks of how sometimes, it's necessary to venture forth into the world in order to really appreciate where you come from. "No matter where I'm at/I can't pretend/I've found something better..."

"Sweet September" - I fell in absolute love with this track at Josh's fan club party in June of 2006. It was the only time I'd heard him perform it, but I was able to get my hands on the acoustic version from the party and have listened to it umpteen times since. I had been told several times that it would not make it on the album, and was absolutely AMAZED when the track list came out and this song was on it. This song is for everyone who has that one person that will always remain in their heart. And even though we all grow up and move on, some things remain forever engrained in your memory. "I remember what song was playing/That it was raining./The time, the day, the month, the year/The sweat, the steam, the urge, the fear./There's nothin' bout that long wet/Sweet September/I don't remember..."

"Livin' It Up" - Another song that challenges the listener to remain still. With lines such as "Baby I can sleep when I die," this song makes you want to go out there and enjoy your life to the fullest. After all, "I'm only breathin'/Only feelin'/On this planet so long/So I'm livin' it up, livin' it up..."

"Unbelievable" - This song was written for by Josh for his lovely wife Ann Marie. Listening to this song, you can hear the adoration Josh has for his high school sweetheart and the mother of his 3 beautiful children. A spectacular way to close out a phenomenal album.

I HIGHLY recommend this CD to any country music fan. It's been WELL worth the wait!
on January 11, 2012
It has great sound, and was well worth the price for this cd. Was even here before it was suppose to be. I like early shipments when they happen. I will be making more future purchases. This cd had the one song of which was most important to myself and my fiance. As it will be played at our wedding. Thanks so much for such a great quality cd.
on April 8, 2008
This is another great CD by Josh. It's nice to know there are still country singers out there that can play and write as well as sing. You really get a peak into who Josh really is and what makes him tick with this CD. You can tell he's all about his family, his kids, his wife. And he's stayed committed to the work even though it's taken 4 years to get this Sophomore album on store shelves. I loved the first CD, and I love this one just as much, if not more. Keep up the good work--no make that great work!
on April 5, 2008
Like daughtry, Josh Gracin came in 4th on American Idol..and like his first album, this one is fantastic. He has a Keith Urbanesque sound but a really unique voice. This one is more personal, more mature and really better than the first--if that is possible. Buy enjoy it--make him the star he deserves to be!
on July 22, 2011
If you are interested in Country Music you should get this CD. It has a variety of tempo's and caters for all tastes. Stop reading and order it now. If you do not get a kick out of #10 that is bursting with a zest for life you can walz on #8 or just let your hair down and enjoy the #7.
Listen to the romantic cry of #3 and top it with #6
Enjoy it - it is worth it.
on April 17, 2008
Ok my review of this wonderful sound that is coming out of my speakers called Josh's voice on the "WE WEREN'T CRAZY" album. The CD that has tacken well over 2 years to release. We've been through a lot. Over all I can say Josh is right this is a CD that was well worth waiting for! Even thow I'm a little sad, like most, that some great songs didn't make it threw the cuts, but what can I say there is always next album and hopefully Josh will puts thoes wonderful songs on it and he did a great job pickin/writing these ones. With a CD so amazing and being such a strong Josh fan it is very hard to rate each song on a 1-5 scale. I'm gonna be hittin my 5 key a lot LOL

Now I'll shut up and start rating!

FOUND ---- AMAZING!!! When I first heard this song on youtube, Brent Keith was singin it, I couldn't stop listing to it and when the track list of the cd was posted I was praying that it would be this song. Now with the samples on Amazon, when I heard it was this song, jumped up screaming and scared the crap out of the dog so much that he jumped up and ran into the wall! Me and this song go way back 100 on a 1-5 scale!

WE WEREN'T CRAZT---- Once again, heard Josh singing it on YOUTUBE for the first time, couldn't stop listing to it. Wanted this song to be a single and so glad that it is!! Well worth it!! I still believe that with the album and video that song will be Josh's 2nd single to hit the #1 spot on the charts! 5

INVISIBLE----- This song is very sweet, I like how Josh voice projects in it and fits him well. It has a catchy meldoy to it and I can't get it out of my head!! 5

LET ME FALL--- Loved this song from the begging! Such a sad love song. Josh, John and Patrick did a great job writing it! Love the high notes that his voice hits in this song. It would leave Randy and Simon speachless and slap them in the face LOL! 5

I DON'T WANT TO LIVE---- Great song!!! The title contrasts from "I Want To Live" on the first album, even thou it doesn't have the same meaning! Love how Josh changed it form Chris Cagle's version. This one will be on repeat! LOVE IT! 5

FAVORITE STATE OF MIND--- Fast enegry and up temop as we all know, and which is Josh's forte! Great song, should of done better on the charts! Can't wait to take a look at the lyrics on the inside flap of the CD cover so we can all settle the aurgment on the words to this song! 5

TELLURIDE--- This song fits Josh's voice all so wonderfully! It's single material and could do great things! 5

I KEEP COMING BACK--- Love the begging. Beatiful song once again Josh is amazing. This song has such meaning to it and I think anyone can relate to it. 5

SWEET SEPTEMBER--- Sweet love song, beatiful, liked it when I heard it on the audio from Fan Club party. Josh does a great job singin it. Love the backgound thou! But I must say this is goning to be one that will grow on me like a good tumor! 4 1/2... Ok, ok, ok 5!

LIVIN' IT UP----- Another upbeat one that I just love! It reminds me of "Turn it up" but with more meaning! Great song to rock out to at concerts! 5

UNBELIEVEABLE (ANN MARIE)--- Another very sweet love song. Reminds me of "Amazed" by Lonestar but I like this one better lol. Josh did a wonderful job writing this. Shows Josh's soft side and how much he loves his wife. If released as a single it will go #1!!! Great way to close the album. 5

It is a Unbelivealbely amazing album!! I don't think there is a word in the world that can descibe how good this album is.. one that I can spell anyways LOL. I think every single song on this CD should be released to radio. I believe that it will do better that what Lyric Street had thought! It is in my CD player 24/7. I did give my honest oppinon and I think that they all are amazing songs!

- Becky S.
VINE VOICEon May 28, 2008
Even though i've never bought a cd by Josh Gracin. I still decided to check this out after being recommended with this cd. I went online and bought it a few days ago and have listened to it 3 times in the past couple days. If its any indication, i really enjoy the cd throughout.

Love how he tackles a song its like having fun and living on the edge. But also some sensibilities and reservations at the same time. Songs like "We Weren't Crazy" and "Livin It Up" for starters really stand out along with "Telluride" which is another fun, cool song that i really found myself liking. It's 11 songs full of country and energy that bristles through on every track.

An excellent followup cd to his 2004 "Josh Gracin" effort. For anyone that enjoys a good country cd or anyone just looking for something a little different but familiar at the same time.
on April 8, 2008
Not only is this the last song of this new cd of Josh Gracins, it also, to me describes the cd itself. From the moment I put on this cd to the end of it, I am caught up in every song. Each has its own story to tell and Josh is terrific at doing this. His voice is so mature and giving, and captures your mind and draws you into the feelings that he is portraying. He has done a great job with this cd..If you haven't yet gotten it, do yourself a big favor and go to the store and get it. You will not be disappointed. In fact, as many of his fans have found, you will find it playing in your cd player on your way to work, on the way home, on the way to the store, while cleaning or while just hanging out.
Lets all support Josh in this cd...he has definitely put the blood, sweat and tears into and it is Unbelievable.
on May 26, 2008
Quite some time passed between the release of the first and this current one but the wait served Josh well. If I remember it right, his debut did not sell too well though it deserved to. This one's offering him a fresh start and is doing pretty well in the billboard charts.

Song by song, his latest offering is stronger. Most, if not all of the cuts were well chosen. I think they could have altered the arrangement more though to give the tracks more variety and distinction because as it is, the more you listen to them, the more similar sounding the all get. My personal favorites are Sweet September, Invisible, and We Weren't Crazy- yes, these 3 in particular just make you want to fall inlove.

Five stars!