Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

Format: Audio CD|Change

on May 11, 2009
If you were there when this came out you know the feeling of having a christian album that could compete with the likes of Metallica. This thing is a monster speed metal platter with some furious playing that will have you whipping your neck around in a frenzy. And Jimmy Brown can sing, scream and reach great falsetto heights as well as anybody in the genre. As a reissue this is good, giving the songs a little more oomph though I don't like the new angel. Give me the muscled one anyday. If you were or are into the thrash sounds of the late 80's you owe it to yourself to check this out. The song, Weapons Of Our Warfare even made it onto Headbanger's Ball briefly.
on July 11, 2012
Short but sweet: I can't believe I never got this album! I mean, I've had "Stay of Execution" for about 20 years (yup, that long) and I love the re-mix of the song "Weapons of our Warfare" but this whole album is just a thrash metal main stay! It jumps at you like a lion! I have the re-mastered version but the mix and production are great -the guitars are heavy, the bass is very present and the drumming: Chris Hyde is underrated! I love this album -this is a great thrash album.

My opinion: the comparisons to Metallica Jimmy and the band suffered were highly unfair and suspect. This sounds nothing like Metallica (I know, I was there -in the 80's). Metallica played a very different style of thrash in the early days -and Deliverance sounds nothing like them. To the critics who still think this: grow up and open your ears. Just because Deliverance are a Christian thrash band doesn't mean they were automatically a Metallica clone. Very closed minded thinking... This album deserves to be judged on its own merits -it's a classic as much as any secular band's albums from that time. If you like old school thrash, get this!
on May 19, 2011
Some people may say that the early Deliverance was a clone wannaby of Metallica, but is not case, Deliverance truly rocks by their own talent. You cannot preach more than this guys, i mean, the 23 psalm in metal??? My Holy God, that's just pure genius. Slay the wicked. if we faint not, weapons, even the opening prayer is awesome. A great album, recommended for any thrasher who wants a little of light in their metal.
on August 23, 2011
This album ranks high up amoung all other great thrash metal albums. It travels in breakneck speed from start to fininsh, but there is enough diversity to make all the songs deferrable. the only slow song is "23" but that is still one of my favorite tracks. I was supprised at how good this album was when i first gave it a listen, so i decided to buy it. I will never regret that decision.
on March 3, 2012
Any day now, My shipment of Deliverance CD's will arrive. After all these years, I'm getting Weapons of our Warfare on CD. For years, I had the cassette since I was in high-school. At the time, I was a recently converted metalhead. A year after I got their awesome debut, they outdid themselves again with this total melodic thrash metal masterpiece. It's like Early Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden, combined with Queensryche on steroids, meets Exodus. Those that said thrash had no melody were proven dead wrong by this album. Thick crunching riffs, siring melodies, and harmonies, and Jimmy Brown's deep melodic vocals was a metal fest from start to finish. Also they never compromised their Christian message.
on July 25, 2014
For mine, Deliverance's 1990 album "Weapons Of Our Warfare" rates high among the best Christian metal albums ever released.
It has great songs from start to finish, awesome crunching guitars from Jimmy Brown and George Ochoa, ferocious drumming, a range of tempos but a preponderance of speed/thrash metal, and the powerful, often high pitched vocals of Jimmy Brown.
Deliverance's self-titled debut album was good, but this blew it away. While they have put out many good albums and matured and diversified since, I along with many other fans of the band would feel that this album was never surpassed by their subsequent work.
Lyrically, this is bold Christianity, with spiritual warfare a key theme. If you ever wanted to hear a metal version of Psalm 23, here it is, albeit one of the slower songs on the album.
I would recommend this to any thrash/speed metal fan, and indeed to any metal fan in general, Christian or otherwise. This album stands high among any metal albums, of the era or since, on the quality of its music, vocals and songwriting.
on January 24, 2013
This is the leading thrash metal album in the Christian scene and has been reigning champion for more than 2 decades.
on March 20, 2015
what kind of crap was what sold me? I wanted the original álbum ( used or new ), not that crap (copy) with which to spend my money, I am very annoying !!!, so I spent $ 13.98 on a copy, are you kidding me ???
on February 8, 2010
This album by deliverance is incredibly,the lyrics are heavy an the music is to. great production sound the lyrics deal totally with spiritul warfare thus the title "weapons of our warfare" as far as the music the guitars are prefect love all the riffs ,overall great album!!!!!!!!!
on April 20, 2014
I chose this five star rating because these guys are expressing their love for Jesus in the way they know how. They're expression of praise flat ROCKS!