5.0 out of 5 stars what a fun book!, July 19, 2004
This review is from: Weather Detectives, The (Paperback)
I loved this book, my 9 year old son and I did the experiments together and he couldnt wait come home from school and see what we got to do next, this book was well written and makes learning and teaching how weather works fun and interesting for everyone. I loved it so much I bought a copy for his teacher.... This a a must have if you have children!

5.0 out of 5 stars Clue in to "The Weather Detectives", June 6, 2004
This review is from: Weather Detectives, The (Paperback)
I love "The Weather Detectives"!! It has a clever plot--three globe-trotting kids who keep getting caught in extreme storms. The main character, Brian Bronson, reminds me of Encyclopedia Brown or The Great Brain. My children (ages 16,15,13,and 11)enjoyed reading it and my two youngest have especially enjoyed doing the experiments from the book. "The Weather Detectives" is a great tool for helping kids understand how our weather works and what conditions produce certain kinds of weather--like tornados, hurricanes, and thunderstorms--especially when they can do the experiments and make it a hands-on learning experience. I wish we'd had this book when a couple of my kids did weather units in science! The only thing I wonder is: where are these kids' parents and why are they letting them run around the world without supervision?!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that keeps kids coming back to it, February 19, 2010
This review is from: Weather Detectives, The (Paperback)
We purchased this and many other books for a class project on weather. The other books were very good quality, but this was the favorite. The kids were reading it for pleasure, not just to glean information for the project. The weather project has come and gone and yet the kids keep going back to read this book. It is never in the class bookshelf for long.

When the authors say that "The Weather Detectives" is full of fun filled facts, they are not exaggerating. I'm still hearing the kids discussing various stories that captured their imaginations. The results of the Chinook Wind seemed to fascinate them the most. The Chinook Wind can change the temperature rapidly. In chapter 12 the temperature from 50 degrees below zero to 51 degrees above zero overnight as a result of the snow-eating Chinook. The rapid temperature change causes a tree to explode.

"The Weather Detectives" does an outstanding job of explaining various weather phenomena in a down-to-earth, clear and memorable fashion. The facts are woven into stories that are interesting and well illustrated. This is a book that should be in every classroom and is bound to be a classic.

5.0 out of 5 stars BESt WEATHER BOOK FOR 2nd GRADE, February 28, 2013
This review is from: Weather Detectives, The (Paperback)
My 2nd grade students liked this book a lot. It has cool weather experiments, cartoon drawings, interesting facts, and is in a format that promotes curiosity.

5.0 out of 5 stars weather for kids and experiments, November 6, 2007
This review is from: Weather Detectives, The (Paperback)
This is a great book ! It is fun to read and has applicable little experiments so your child can understand the weather.

Weather Detectives, The
Weather Detectives, The by Mark E. Eubank (Paperback - April 16, 2004)
Used & New from: $0.47