Weather Direct TX60U-SET Online Temperature and Humidity Wireless Alert System [Old Model]
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- TX60U-IT Measures: Ambient Air pressure, Ambient humidity, Probe temperature
- 6Ft. Detachable, dry temperature probe measures, soil and other conditions such as in a refrigerator/freezer.
- E-mail and Text Alert Notifications Included FREE for One year
- Weather Direct Gateway with LAN cable & AC adapter Included
- Uploads collected measurements to your online account
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
-Easy Setup and installation.
-Tells two temps on one device with a probe and the device itself.
-The temp device itself uses batteries not an ac or dc adapter which means mounting it anywhere is possible.
-Datalogging function is great to review what happened during the day or week.
-Sends Alerts by email to three seperate email accounts and a txt message to a mobile phone..with numerous Mobile Carriers included...The Big V also..
-Humidity alerts also.. wont use this that much..
-All web-based information-To get the information you need..logging into [...] and downloading a spreadsheet?!? This which means when the Hardware has reached its end of life expectancy..no more web-based information..therefore making it useless to me. I would have paid more money for a stand-alone server type alert system.
-You can rename the (temp sensor device) in the web information for your profile. But the device has two sensor.. one probe and one on the device..Why not rename the sensors also? Makes sense to me so I know what was where.
-The download spreadsheet puts the newest at the top of the excel sheet and oldest at the bottom, not a problem to fix by hitting the sort button..Read more ›
A fuller review of the numerous ways this product is a failure:
1) When I received the product it was missing an AC adapter. This is an included part and required for operation of the Gateway, so pretty fundamental. No biggie, right? I'll email support. Well, I did, using the online form. But it took a week to get a response other than the automated one generated by the email server at LaCrosse. When I got a response, they said they'd ship the missing part, but provided no timetable. So I called--I spoke to a pleasant woman who told me it was a good thing I called because they didn't know what state to send the adapter to. Why not? Well, because the drop down menu on the website form does not include an entry for Washington, DC (where I live). And they couldn't be bothered to figure it out from the zipcode I supplied. The adapter took another 2 weeks to arrive--I'll give them the benefit of a couple of days because it came two days after Christmas, so may have been sitting in a USPS facility for 2-3 days.
2) With the AC adapter, I'm in business, right? Well, no, because the network (ethernet) cable was broken. I followed the online directions to setup the gateway for online access. Plug it into my router and I get a red blinking light. I check the troubleshooting guide for what this means and it's not listed anywhere.Read more ›
I would definitely recommend this item!
When I logged onto the site I was unable to create a user profile (Step 1) due to the website server being upgraded. The upgrade was scheduled to be completed 3 days later. I then called the (long distance) Customer Support number where I had to listen to several minutes of prerecorded message before getting a live person. This person's sole task was to take my info so that they could forward it to a tech support person who would call me back at their connivence. I asked the support person when the upgrade would be complete and she stated, "Oh by tomorrow." Which fascinated me since it was 2 days ahead of the website schedule. After giving the CS person my info, I hung up and put the 2 units aside.
I periodically checked the weatherdirect.com website over the next couple of days and it finally stated the upgrade was complete. I then registered my user account and give up for the night. The next day I get a voicemail from a "tech support" person telling me the same thing the person on the phone had told me. Of course I was at work and not able to talk to the guy or see my units.
I get home and try Step 2 registering the gateway. The website timed out repeatedly and I was never able to complete the registration. I waited a few more days and tried again. Again after several timeouts I made some progress but never received a successful registration message. It wasn't until several hours later that I logged in again and my gateway was registered!
I then began Step 3 to register the Sensor to the Gateway. No dice.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I've bought at least 5 of these for customers and they work fine. However, when you have a problem, the manufacturer (LaCrosse in WI) invests very little on tech support. Read morePublished on March 30, 2013 by Jpoldo J.
used this in my pop up green house this winter.
I needed it to make sure my heater wouldnt shut off for some reason and cause my vegetables to freeze. Read more
I never could get this to be stable enough on my network to use. Now it won't even link to network.
But a Nest Thermostat by Apple instead, money wasted on this Weather... Read more
We use this at our farm house while we are away and as long as the internet connection is working we know the temperature of the house while we are away. Read morePublished on February 21, 2013 by Lynn L.
For some reason had a tough time linking the units. Wish they would tell you how lights on each unit should be reacting when doing the initial setup. Read morePublished on February 5, 2013 by JSattmann
This was so easy to install. Right out if the box it took about 10 minutes and it was up and running. Read morePublished on February 2, 2013 by Bklyn shopper
It will not work with my router. Extremely poor customer service, no help other than standard "not our problem". Total waste of money.Published on January 9, 2013 by Steve Knight
But, it only worked for 9 months. Replaced batteries and still could not get it operational. Customer service is a little to be desired. I lost patience. Read morePublished on January 5, 2013 by BottomFeeder