Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 144 questions
votes
The demand exceeded our ability to produce this radio. Sorry about that, Ed
Jun 5, 2012 by Ed the Weatherman
vote
they sell the Ambient Weather WR-AC1 Mini-USB to AC Adaptor for Small Electronic Devices by Ambient Weather on Amazon, if you haven'y already bought the radio it comes with it for $3 more rather than the one without it. On the Ambient web site they have both the AC (90W1-29100 USB to AC) and the DC(30W1-29100USB to DC car charger) adaptors.It does recharge the battery.
May 9, 2013 by wogan
votes
Yes it Can
Dec 26, 2012 by scott
votes
You have to wind it up to get the power. This is for hiking and camping
Feb 9, 2013 by Racelady
votes
Great Questions. I have had mine for almost a year. I use it several times a week and it is great. It charges in little sunlight. I experienced discharge of battery and replaced the battery after a year ( keeping in mind I used it on a daily basis but I let it sit for about 4 months). My suggestion is to remove the battery for long term storage or when you need to use it or only putting battery in once every month to recharge if needed. I have found it very useful when camping, in the office, and in power outages for getting emergency alerts when the power goes out. From my understanding you should be able to find a replacement battery (only one needed) on amazon for around $10 (Ambient Weather WR-BATT 3.7V / 800 mAh Rechargeable Battery (LIR123A)) . One of the reasons I chose this unit is because the rechargeable battery could be changed. Allot of these rechargeable type units the battery can not be changed. But overall the reception is good, all the charging options are included with the unit, the unit recharges small electronics, and it is compact and lightweight. The volume is not overly loud, some may want a louder unit but i think it is loud enough. I would recommend this unit if you are looking at alternatives like this one for a reasonable price.
Apr 1, 2013 by lw campers
votes
I didn't think it would, but then I found a youtube video showing someone doing just that! Just do a google search, (ambient weather ipod) ,and you will see a link to the youtube video. Just plug into the headphone jack of the ambient weather. I think it would use the battery up about as much as listening to the radio.
Dec 27, 2012 by spock
votes
Yes, you would have to buy a wall plug charger. You could, of course, do the initial battery charge off your computer and she could use the hand-crank to charge it, or she could leave it in the sun and the photovoltaic panels could charge it.
Dec 31, 2012 by Joseph J.
votes
For customer care you can call 480-346-3380 or go to www.AmbientWeather.com. Hope this helps. How long did your battery last and how often did you use it?
Nov 22, 2013 by Joe B.
votes
Yes, the WR-111B supports IP5.
Dec 28, 2012 by Ed the Weatherman
votes
To tell you the truth Joseph, we did not keep the unit long enough to find out. It was returned back to Amazon after we found out the radio would not hold a charge due to a defective battery.
Jul 5, 2013 by Teresa Russell
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   15   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers