Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Disney Infinity 3.0 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

on October 30, 2009
Although I just received my book in the mail last week, it looks like I have had it for years. I am in the process of building out a Strategic Framework for Web Analytics and BI at my company, and thought a little additional insight would be useful. I picked the book up and began thumbing through only to find myself reading the entire book in a few hours. Since I finished, I have gone back and highlighted, bookmarked and re-read the book a few times. It truly is my bible, sitting front and center on my desk at all times. Building out a web strategy for a successful high tech company in Silicon Valley can, at times, seem daunting. This book adds so much context and helps me craft my messaging to the key stakeholders in a way that makes sense to them. Getting the support and buy in of your HIPPO's will always be a challenge but reading this book will help you organize your strategy in a very simple way, ensuring you are getting insight and not merely data out of your web analytics.

Achieving Web Analytics "Nirvana" is possible but only if you read this book. Kudos to Avinash for making this process clear and understandable, fun and "sexy".........who knew you could "sexify" wab analytics!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Avinash's new book is a must read for any online marketer or website owner that wants to understand their website traffic more effectively. Avinash teaches you to act on data instead of just presenting pretty reports and devotes a good chunk of the book reviewing other website tools (many of which are free) that you can use to improve your websites key performance indicators.

Most SEM and Analytic books suck or are to basic. Avinash's book explains intermediate/advanced topics in a basic tone that any future "analysis ninja" can quickly apply to their own website. To top it off he is donating all his proceeds to two charities he supports. I would recommend anyone that is new to web analytics reads his book at least twice and applying his techniques to your website before reading another analytic or online marketing book.
on June 28, 2010
If you've ever stared at an analytics dashboard with your eyes glazed over (or worse, you haven't), you need to read this book before applying ONE MORE marketing principle. Before any other project. Stop now. Read this. Then get back to work on the most important project of your career: learning to make data-driven decisions.

This is not a series of dry lectures: Avinash's light, readable, and personal tone makes it feel like he's stepping into your role, and walking with you as you discover the joys that come with moving past the numbers and really discovering insights about your customers.

Though the latter half of the book is written for the "impress your boss" crowd, I think every business owner needs to read this and understand why they need a data wonk that's empowered to make recommendations, not just someone to run numbers and present graphs.

Web analytics is a widely misunderstood field (even by me, before reading this). The author understands most people don't really know where to start, and he walks you through the process of deciding what to measure first, skipping common pitfalls and frustrations.

This book and a solid week or 2 with Google Analytics will take you from where you are now (most likely clueless) to the most informed person in the business.

I watched businesses crumble into the sea while ignoring the most basic principles in this book. You can ignore it at your peril, or reap rewards of personal satisfaction, as well as those of success in your business.

Avinash is a real human being that illuminates a very walkable path to a major discovery: Analytics is more than numbers, and even more than revenue: it's about creating deeper connections between you and your customers & readers.
on December 8, 2009
Avinash really is the definitive fresh voice of the internet economy. Rather than say what makes this book such a necessity for your online marketing efforts, I'll sum up my reasons for why you can't go without this book:

1. Buy the book because your website sucks.

You may not know how, you may not know why, but it does, and you're alienating visitors as you consider the purchase of this book. It's impossible for any marketer to know where and why each part of your online effort is failing, but acceptance is the first step to enlightenment. As Avinash says, the internet allows us to "fail faster" so there is no reason we can't also "learn faster" from smarter analysis. Determine your "critical few" KPIs or metrics, and start on your way to improving your consumer experience.

2. Buy the book because your web analytics reporting sucks.

You're probably emailing at least a handful of generic reports to executives and content teams in your effort to make headway using an expensive analytics tool (or even a free one). Stop the madness. Pare down the top 10 lists, the dashboards, the meaningful metrics, and adopt a new calling: insights. By visualizing all that data that is at our fingertips, we can recommend change, and even support a strong argument against corporate intuition with undeniable, factual data.

3. Buy the book because your career sucks.

Avinash really struck a chord with me this time around. He has at least 150 pages of career advice from the years of experience and countless organizations he's assisted become data-driven. Web analytics can be an increasingly rewarding career, both personally and professionally. Learn from the new age master of Web Analytics 2.0.
VINE VOICEon October 27, 2010
While I acknowledge that the value of the core contents, I found the writing style to be cheesy, annoying, and a turn-off. I think the author tried too hard to make his book an interesting read, but ended up making it childish.
on January 6, 2010
Although it is only January, I can say with a pretty high degree of confidence, that the analytics book of the year is Avinash Kaushik's new book Web Analytics 2.0. As a follow up to his first book, Web Analytics: An Hour A Day, I think Avinash out did himself with this book.

Web Analytics 2.0 is a nice balance of theory and practical tips, but more importantly, provides guidance for readers with a wide range of skill and experience. Over the 14 chapters of the book, Kaushik covers almost every aspect of web analytics, from competitive analytics to optimization, even guides for picking a solution vendor and starting a career in the industry.

Overall the book is an easy read for anyone interested. Avinash's causal writing style and frequent examples makes the text engaging and entertaining. For the most part, you can dive into any area of the book without missing too much context from the rest of the book. Of course I recommend reading the whole thing, but even if you just read one chapter, say on social measurement, you'll still get a lot out of it.

On top of being a well-written resource, all of the profits from this book (and his previous one) go to two charities: The Smile Train and The Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation. Get the book and start the new year off right with a quick education on the in's and out's of web analytics.
on January 5, 2010
Avinash's book is highly recommended by the likes of Seth Godin, Guy Kawasaki, and many other masterminds of internet marketing. He comes with the respect of his peers and thousands of fans due to the popularity of his blog [...]. He does not need this review from me, but I feel I owe him as he has been my virtual mentor for the past three years.

For beginners, I would highly recommend Avinash's first book: Web Analytics: An hour a day. It will change your approach from pulling data reports that your boss tells you are important; to creating an effective analytics program built with thoughtful key performance indicators and insightful recommendations based on user data.

For intermediate to advanced analysts, this book should be your primary guide for the next 2 years of so. I recommend that you buy this book, change the way you look at data, impress your boss with your new knowledge, impress your sales department with your user insights, inspire your web development team to more useful segmented reports, get a promotion, get paid more (you will become more valuable), and live happy.
on October 29, 2009
The biggest strength of Avinash Kaushik as a Web Analytics author is that he has an excellent understanding on the ecosystem around Web Analytics. Web Analytics is never a standalone function; it requires an extensive interaction with other functions such as email, search, social media, statistical analysis etc. Avinash's wide variety of knowledge is differentiating this book from other Web Analytics books. (I have read most of Web Analytics books in the market)

Also he has very solid experience as an Analytics practitioner in Corporate America. It enables him to suggest very insightful ideas about how to be successful as a Web Analytics Ninja in a corporate environment. As a web analytics practitioner working at $1 billion e-commerce, I can testify that his recommendations has helped me significantly.

Do you want to enter the beautiful and awesome world of Web Analytics? Do you want to transform yourself from a reporting squirrel to an Analytics Ninja? Then this is a must read.

Jonghee Jo
Web Analytics, Victoria's Secret
on March 24, 2010
If you only buy one book to grow your knowledge and experience in Web Analytics this is that book. Avinash Kaushik is the kind of author that draws you in because he holds no allegiances and embraces both the good and bad in Web Analytics. Not only will you learn how to dig deeper and segment in ways you'd never imagined before but you directly benefit from the real-world application of the web analytics principals he shares in this great book. There is a great section on managing a career in Web Analytics and the multiple tracks you can follow to succeed in the industry. I am a Web Analytics practitioner for over seven years now and I could not finish this book fast enough because there was so much useful information in it. I consider this book my professional bible, and if you're a Web Analytics practitioner or interested in a career in Web Analytics, it should be yours too. Don't waste another minute, buy this book!
on September 24, 2010
Simply put, this book should be on the bookshelf (or Kindle) of anyone managing Internet marketing campaigns. Kaushik takes a very complex (and often intimidating) topic and simplifies it by presenting you with straightforward processes for acquiring and analyzing analytics data. I remember reading the first few chapters and thinking to myself, "This is definitely going to change the way I manage Internet marketing campaigns."

Kaushik's writing style results in a book that's a pleasure to read. While the technical language is there, he doesn't overload you with technicality. Instead, he cuts through the fog and clearly explains the concepts to you. With his help, I'm well on my way to becoming an "analytics ninja"!